AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
these are games in development, how can he improve and streamline, if he is not "allowed" to change things?. just use the skip feature and you can get through the first 4 episodes in 5 minutes. i would much rather get a better game and have to start over now and again, than i would have games with logical and story loops that could have been fixed.
Well, if the complete story is written before the game is started and all the decision trees are mapped out, where's the need for game-breaking changes? 'Though I guess if you're just making it up as you go along...

Reactions: BoredHornyLurker

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
Well, if the complete story is written before the game is started and all the decision trees are mapped out, where's the need for game-breaking changes? 'Though I guess if you're just making it up as you go along...
absolutly, but how realistic do you think that is? i cant think of any game, AAA, adult or indie that have not had changes done to them. it is not at all uncommon to do 2 or 3 prototypes for AAA games before you settle on the model you want, and story rewrires are as common as in TV and movies. so to expect someone developing a game with very limited ressources like this, to have everything completly done and planed, would be extreme naive.

Reactions: filochard
T

Tony_Stark

well, i like ntr, but i play other games as well, then i found that we can let mom go, i like that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 24, 2017
Yeah, THIS^. This is exactly why I don't play games that do not have story... or the story is made "on the way" so do speak. First you have the stress of replaying it lots of times (everytime the dev/s changes something in past content) and second, you may have a stress due to grinding (if it's that type of game... eg. Man of the House).
Best similar example for this game's state, that pops into mind, would be Summertime Saga... I almost forgot that the game exists. I will do the same for this game and will play it (if I won't forget about it) when the final version will be completed, same as I will do with SS.
So to sum up a conclusion... please devs, WRITE YOUR STORY FIRST and only after put it into images/animations/game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
absolutly, but how realistic do you think that is? i cant think of any game, AAA, adult or indie that have not had changes done to them. it is not at all uncommon to do 2 or 3 prototypes for AAA games before you settle on the model you want, and story rewrires are as common as in TV and movies. so to expect someone developing a game with very limited ressources like this, to have everything completly done and planed, would be extreme naive.
If you look at RPG's and such, the story is the foundation everything is built on. Even the narrative and the story changes from the first drafts and original script. Usually the core of the story stays but how you get from start to end changes. If you change the initial story it all built on to much you will chase away the fans that bought into it for what was sold them from start, not what served later.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Really had trouble with getting some scenes, big pain in the butt tbh.
Didnt like the ending of v5.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Well, really didn't see that ending of the update coming, what a revelation,
, but that's an interesting turn of events, I was actually starting to wonder when we get to start revealing more about MC's past, his dad and the entire family dynamics, so this is interesting. Now I hope MC and Mom can start becoming even closer to one another on a bit more rapid pace, doesn't have to be in a sexual manner, but that romantic closeness :)

At any rate, I'm really growing more and more fond of this VN, it's really really good, loving the story, it really has me intrigued, especially after
he learned of just what he is. I just wonder what kind of dangers and temptations he will encounter during his journey to unlocking his true potential :p

Renders are beautiful, characters are sexy as hell, if there's one thing I would have to say as a "negative" thing (and it really isn't a negative thing, just something I would have desired), is the fact that the sexy scenes aren't animated, that's the only thing. Perhaps in the future updates they could be, and perhaps when the dev is about to release the game's final version before completion, he could make all the sexy scenes from start to finish animated, and considering the quality of the art, the dev does have the resources to make smooth, realistic animations. Well, I can only hope at least, haha :)

At any rate, this is definitely a top quality VN, loving it :)

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
I really hope we get a complete, more thorough walkthrough for game.
If not complete then maybe just all choices that give us points certain characters & what decisions leads to what path etc
Also very glad he switched to Renpy.

K9

May 28, 2017
There is a scene with Nat when she catches you in the shower? If yes, can anyone share a save?

Thanks
There are actually 2 versions of that scene, with 2 or 3 variations each. I don't have saves to offer you, but I posted how to get the scenes .

Using Tab to skip you can see all of them in ten minutes. Or you can read what happens in that same post.

Reactions: Bateman22

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey there and thank you all for playing the latest build of my project.

I knew that no one would see that cliffhanger coming and neither should you. It was meant to surprise you and from the looks of it – it did just that.
Now, I’m going to take a little time to address some of the concerns that have been voiced here, in no particular order and probably not all of them. This may turn into a long post but try and stick around.

Concerning family relations: The whole Mary-Nat-Jo-mc situation is as it should be. This has nothing to do with Patreon and their crusade. I haven’t been contacted by them in any way to change anything. It is supposed to be this way.

Incest: In my experience there are two groups of incest players. I call them: the purist and the casuals. The purists can only be satisfied with blood relations and sees everything else as nonsense. The casuals accept that, for all intents and purposes, step(anything) counts as family.
I knew that the revelation in this update was going to piss off the purists amongst you and the decision to throw this curveball now was not an easy one. I would have waited quite a while longer, but a friend convinced me, not from a story point of view but from a backers point of view, that it was time to throw it now.
For those of you who have been following me from the beginning you probably know that I hate giving away anything related to the plot or story. I will make an exception here just for the purists amongst you:
Throwing the curveball this early in the development cycle has shaken the foundation of the story a bit and I’m in the process of rewriting it to make it fit this new, and faster development of the family thing.

Removal of choice: This is a difficult one to explain, but when I was coding 0.3 I had an epiphany and added the choice of “not investigating the fathers death”. The story did not warrant such a choice and it was first later, that I realized what I had done, but by then it had been released. I tried to make it fit in, but it just didn’t want to without having to introduce a whole new story arch and the story is long and complicated enough as it is. Hence the removal of the choice.

WIP: This is a work in progress and mistakes are bound to happen no matter how much I plan for it not to happen. In the beginning I used Unity and I really had a tough time abandoning it in favor of Ren’py. For those of you who have been with me from the get go, you probably remember the reason why I opted for Unity: The visual editor with drag’n drop functionality. At the same time conditional statements and even functions could be created without me knowing anything about coding. Ren’py is a different beast altogether.
On the Ren’py scale from one to ten of how proficient I am with it, I’d rate myself at 0.5 so there is a long way to go for me.
As I grow more accustomed to Ren’py and hopefully more skilled, the code will probably change. If it will force further replays upon the player, I haven’t got the foggiest, but it’s a good bet that it will.

Okay, this is already too long, so I’m going to stop my ranting now. I hope that this clears up a few things and explains others. Also bear in mind that his is not the finished game, so seemingly loose ends and plot holes will be tied up (or down) as we progress through the story.

Now I’ll shut up and go fiddle with the script.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
If you look at RPG's and such, the story is the foundation everything is built on. Even the narrative and the story changes from the first drafts and original script. Usually the core of the story stays but how you get from start to end changes. If you change the initial story it all built on to much you will chase away the fans that bought into it for what was sold them from start, not what served later.
ok, Knights of the old republic, had 3 rewrites before they settled on the story, the witcher 3 had major story changes, Tombraider had 3 prototypes made before they settled on the current model, god of war(the new one) allso changed direction midstream. not to mention the new starwars game that shut down and changed to a completly different game because "changes to player expectations" and lastly GTA 5 originaly had lemar as a main character and franklin was supposed to take over when lemar died... And i could keep going on and on, but i think by now i have made my point..
the only difference here is that developers of these games are forced to develop with much less ressourcers and while they probaly have a pretty good idea of the direction of their games its not likly that they have writen every word, finished the various choices concequences and so on.. its likly they have the main story, in this case, fathers murder, you coming into power, the other world and where it all goes and how it all connects. but to except it all to be done and ready before they even release a 0.1 is crazy. no other games are doing that, you just dont get to play the 0.1's

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
Hey there and thank you all for playing the latest build of my project.

I knew that no one would see that cliffhanger coming and neither should you. It was meant to surprise you and from the looks of it – it did just that.
Now, I’m going to take a little time to address some of the concerns that have been voiced here, in no particular order and probably not all of them. This may turn into a long post but try and stick around.

Concerning family relations: The whole Mary-Nat-Jo-mc situation is as it should be. This has nothing to do with Patreon and their crusade. I haven’t been contacted by them in any way to change anything. It is supposed to be this way.

Incest: In my experience there are two groups of incest players. I call them: the purist and the casuals. The purists can only be satisfied with blood relations and sees everything else as nonsense. The casuals accept that, for all intents and purposes, step(anything) counts as family.
I knew that the revelation in this update was going to piss off the purists amongst you and the decision to throw this curveball now was not an easy one. I would have waited quite a while longer, but a friend convinced me, not from a story point of view but from a backers point of view, that it was time to throw it now.
For those of you who have been following me from the beginning you probably know that I hate giving away anything related to the plot or story. I will make an exception here just for the purists amongst you:
Throwing the curveball this early in the development cycle has shaken the foundation of the story a bit and I’m in the process of rewriting it to make it fit this new, and faster development of the family thing.

Removal of choice: This is a difficult one to explain, but when I was coding 0.3 I had an epiphany and added the choice of “not investigating the fathers death”. The story did not warrant such a choice and it was first later, that I realized what I had done, but by then it had been released. I tried to make it fit in, but it just didn’t want to without having to introduce a whole new story arch and the story is long and complicated enough as it is. Hence the removal of the choice.

WIP: This is a work in progress and mistakes are bound to happen no matter how much I plan for it not to happen. In the beginning I used Unity and I really had a tough time abandoning it in favor of Ren’py. For those of you who have been with me from the get go, you probably remember the reason why I opted for Unity: The visual editor with drag’n drop functionality. At the same time conditional statements and even functions could be created without me knowing anything about coding. Ren’py is a different beast altogether.
On the Ren’py scale from one to ten of how proficient I am with it, I’d rate myself at 0.5 so there is a long way to go for me.
As I grow more accustomed to Ren’py and hopefully more skilled, the code will probably change. If it will force further replays upon the player, I haven’t got the foggiest, but it’s a good bet that it will.

Okay, this is already too long, so I’m going to stop my ranting now. I hope that this clears up a few things and explains others. Also bear in mind that his is not the finished game, so seemingly loose ends and plot holes will be tied up (or down) as we progress through the story.

Now I’ll shut up and go fiddle with the script.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Thank you Kaffekoo.

It’s a very good game indeed with the combination of story and high quality renders. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that people then have strong individual opinions on every aspect. Take it as a compliment. Throwing a ‘Curve Ball’ is always a good thing. We all like surprises and it has freshened things up.

Good luck with the next update. You a great commitment to the quality which is never a bad thing.

I’m looking forward to enjoying this update over the next couple of days.

Cheers

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
ok, Knights of the old republic, had 3 rewrites before they settled on the story, the witcher 3 had major story changes, Tombraider had 3 prototypes made before they settled on the current model, god of war(the new one) allso changed direction midstream. not to mention the new starwars game that shut down and changed to a completly different game because "changes to player expectations" and lastly GTA 5 originaly had lemar as a main character and franklin was supposed to take over when lemar died... And i could keep going on and on, but i think by now i have made my point..
the only difference here is that developers of these games are forced to develop with much less ressourcers and while they probaly have a pretty good idea of the direction of their games its not likly that they have writen every word, finished the various choices concequences and so on.. its likly they have the main story, in this case, fathers murder, you coming into power, the other world and where it all goes and how it all connects. but to except it all to be done and ready before they even release a 0.1 is crazy. no other games are doing that, you just dont get to play the 0.1's
And yet none of these games was released to public at such stages to play. There been enough early access, Patreon and not, games where the initial pitch was what made people buy into it, but as time went on it changed to something else upsetting people. There is enough games on this site to take examples from in that regard. Tbh, I really like it when a creator got a set story to tell, rather than make it up as they go, or get influenced to much by the desires of the audience. I guess Dual Family can be a example of that. Throwing fast curvballs to the audience out of nowhere can be a way to alienante the people you want to capture.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Ren'Py games for Windows are always 32-bit, there is no 64-bit Ren'Py for Windows. Just as all 32-bit programs, it works on a 64-bit Windows, using the WoW64 subsystem. Just as any 32-bit program, it has the infamous 2GB RAM limit, but Ren'Py normally should never hog that much memory and works fine on old computers.
For Linux Ren'Py seems to contain both 32-bit and 64-bit libs and Linux builds are compatible with both.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes