BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
Any chance the game would be picked up by another developer and continued? It comes to mind after the awesome game Hot Sands of Antarctica was abandoned then someone else picked it up(Then the original dev came back).
It happens, but very seldom does.....Sadly.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Sad news, but this has felt inevitable for a while now. So it takes a lot of the disappointment out of it. Closure, more than anything.

I don't want another developer to finish it. To me, that's pretty much never a good idea and it doesn't work. Because then it'll no longer be the original story the developer wanted to create. It's a glorified fan game made by someone else.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
Sad news, but this has felt inevitable for a while now. So it takes a lot of the disappointment out of it. Closure, more than anything.

I don't want another developer to finish it. To me, that's pretty much never a good idea and it doesn't work. Because then it'll no longer be the original story the developer wanted to create. It's a glorified fan game made by someone else.
I'll take your word on it. I meant for the original dev to hand over the script to the finished story however.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I wish Kaffekop the very best of health and wellness in life from here on out. Seems like a good guy who's been through an awful lot these last few years.

If it becomes a comic and gets posted here, I'll be very happy to read it. But I'll join the others who hope that maybe another developer can pick up where its left off and continue development.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
What can you say, it sucks. But honestly, when you have so many serious problems with your health, a game like this can only go two ways.
You find it has a positive impact, because it is something you love, and it actually makes you feel better, OR despite wanting to work on the game, it isn't possible due to your health (mentally and physically) and so it becomes just another stress factor and I feel as if that is what was happening with Kaffekop. At that point you have to do what is best for your self, not the people wanting to play the game.

I wish him that he gets significantly better, I'll take any comic continuation with pleasure and of course I will maintain a little bit of hope that he might come back to this sometime in the future.

But for now this joins the small number of games that stopped after being a significant part into development and that I really, really would have loved to see finished, like fe. "My Sweet Neighbors," or "Our Fate."

Visionary25

Jan 9, 2021
Oh, this stings. The pain is still fresh due to Berserk. You think the stories you read will go on to a conclusion and you hold out hope. Fingers crossed one piece has no issues.

This will always be among my top 3 games. The amount of variations, the casual nudity, the wonderful story....

I sincerely request you to put everything you made for 0.8 in a drive online for everyone to enjoy. And do take care Kaffe.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Yes, sadness. Kaffekop was the only Dev I was a Patron for - he might have charged me only once or twice - but then he was ill and turned Patreon off. Get well good buddy, do what you need to do. Sure I'd love to see a comic - something to see the story resolve would be really nice.

AmitavaNathan

Feb 6, 2022
Well I don't have much problem as the game being abandoned. At least, he promised to carry on the story in Comic form. I just love the story-telling style of Kaffe. I want to know all the answers like, who is MC's real mother, who is Liza, what the Beast want from MC etc. I will eagerly wait for the comic!!! I just want to know the end of the story, that's all.

Reactions: Kaffekop

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Well I don't have much problem as the game being abandoned. At least, he promised to carry on the story in Comic form. I just love the story-telling style of Kaffe. I want to know all the answers like, who is MC's real mother, who is Liza, what the Beast want from MC etc. I will eagerly wait for the comic!!! I just want to know the end of the story, that's all.
He hasn't promised to continue it in comic form, he said he might.

Mike D123123

Sep 21, 2018
Kaffekop,

"There is much to be skeptical of in this world, so it no longer surprises me to learn how many people don't really believe in anything. What's the point? For many of us the road is a difficult one, but the path is always there for us to follow, no matter how many times we may fall. The good news is that we can help you find your way back. Naturally.. Some days are.. Harder than others. But we must try. We all have doubts.. The light of the mind alone cannot burn away all darkness. Think on it and look in your heart, it will be for the best. When the walls come tumbling down, when you lose everything you have, you always have family. The fire that's kept me alive is love. Their love. Gods love. Some aren't so certain, that's fair enough, we all go through periods of darkness. In a world filled with misery and uncertainty, it is a great comfort to know that, in the end, there is light in the darkness. In such times we can turn to the lord.. But it's good to have friends and the good lord knows there's much to be done here. You're a good neighbor to us. Thank you. Until then, god be with you"
-Joshua Graham

You'll get through this. You're not alone. I wish you good health and fortune.

Last edited:

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Been a few weeks, yeah this might be the biggest bummer of a game here not making it to the end. Hope you're well Kaffekop.

Reactions: Kaffekop and fz

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey guys - long time no see.
I just posted this one to my Patreon and you of all people deserve to see it as well.

Hi everyone (long post)
It has been a while and shit went from worse to catastrophic in just a few weeks after I cancelled SotF. Depression had really gotten the better of me up to me cancelling the project and I had dug myself down into a hole again in the company of oxy and codein … and a lot of it.

My doc suddenly realized that I was popping them like candy, and we had words. I was forced to cut down on the meds, of course, and I went to see a shrink … again.

Somehow, she helped me get back on track with the meds and managed to pull me up from the hole. I even reached a point where I wanted to cook again and actually eat something healthier than junk food. That was when things really went downhill. I lifted a pot from the stove and my back went from reasonable to … not reasonable is the understatement of the century.

Somehow this movement managed to throw me back twenty years and I could now look forward to starting all over again. I had long forgotten how terrible the pains were back then but it’s funny how easily your memory can be jolted back in time.

I had the wits to drop the pot on the stove before I fell on the floor. Luckily, I have my phone with me at all times so I could call my youngest to come help me into bed. I am so thankful that she lives close to me.

A quick word with my doc the next morning made him up my medication and add a little extra umph so I could get some resemblance of rest. The MRI showed that I had sustained the exact same injury from 20 years ago and I have to admit that I was devastated.

I was referred to the local hospital for a possible surgery as I could not see myself surviving going forward with this kind of pain and lack of mobility. The 75% risk of being paralyzed from the waist down was still a thing, and they were not able to reassure me that even if I was paralyzed the pain would go away. In effect I could end up being both paralyzed and having these crazy pains in my back. Their advice was that I contemplate a few days before making such a decision as their advice was to not get surgery. They would do it if I was adamant about it, but they strongly suggested that I shouldn’t get the surgery.

Fast forward ten days. I went to sleep just hoping for a just a few hours of rest. High as a kite and I did fall asleep. When I woke up again, I had slept for six hours, but more importantly … there was no pain in my back! Befuddled I got out of bed, and it was not a trick of my imagination – the back pain was gone!

I have never in my life felt such a relief in my body. I lack the vocabulary to describe this feeling and the emotions that flooded me. Grown men don’t cry … they weep! I popped some more meds and got back into bed because I was feeling strangely exhausted and the next time, I opened my eyes I had gotten twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep. The pain in my back was still gone and it still is to this day.

What had happened? My doc’s very scientific response was: “It’s a miracle!” I am not very religiously inclined, but I have to admit that I have thanked God quite a few times since this happened. The neurologists have explained that this kind of injury usually goes in itself within a year in 99% of the times. There are a select few where it does not. I was one of the select few for twenty years and now I am suddenly cured.

I have been very mindful with myself and my body these last weeks and I have even managed to drop half of my medication intake. Still no pain. I was a little worried that the pain had only receded to a level where the medication could effectively combat them. Well I still have another half to get rid of so I may discover this going forward, but right now I am full of hope for the future, which is something that has been severely lacking for quite a while.
The past five years have been more than just a nightmare all in all. From the beginning where I took up the mantle of game developer it feels like Murphy put a collar around my neck and attached a leash to it so he could jank me back if things were beginning to go too well for me. Maybe he has found a new favorite victim (poor soul), or he has reasoned that I am not fun anymore.

There is a long road ahead of me with physical therapy. Both for me to lose weight (I have gained forty pounds over the past twenty years) and to build some muscle again. My physical therapist claims that she will have me back in better shape than I was twenty years ago, but it may take me between one to two years depending on how slow we need to take it. For the first time in decades I am actually looking forward to living.

It is a long post, but I feel like I owe you some good news about my life considering how many times I have given you bad news in the past and I think this news is as good as it can possibly get for me.

What about the future of SotF? Well, I have decided to live a little before returning to the project and over the next six months I will go wherever my inspiration and creativity takes me in regard to making erotic comics. Come April 2023, I will hopefully be able return to working on SotF.
I want to able to work eight hours a day before I get back in the saddle, so it may even be more than six months, or if I am lucky and physical therapy really kicks off, it may even be less – I am hopeful!

Cheers - Kaffekop

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I just posted this one to my Patreon and you of all people deserve to see it as well.

Hi everyone (long post)
It has been a while and shit went from worse to catastrophic in just a few weeks after I cancelled SotF. Depression had really gotten the better of me up to me cancelling the project and I had dug myself down into a hole again in the company of oxy and codein … and a lot of it.

My doc suddenly realized that I was popping them like candy, and we had words. I was forced to cut down on the meds, of course, and I went to see a shrink … again.

Somehow, she helped me get back on track with the meds and managed to pull me up from the hole. I even reached a point where I wanted to cook again and actually eat something healthier than junk food. That was when things really went downhill. I lifted a pot from the stove and my back went from reasonable to … not reasonable is the understatement of the century.

Somehow this movement managed to throw me back twenty years and I could now look forward to starting all over again. I had long forgotten how terrible the pains were back then but it’s funny how easily your memory can be jolted back in time.

I had the wits to drop the pot on the stove before I fell on the floor. Luckily, I have my phone with me at all times so I could call my youngest to come help me into bed. I am so thankful that she lives close to me.

A quick word with my doc the next morning made him up my medication and add a little extra umph so I could get some resemblance of rest. The MRI showed that I had sustained the exact same injury from 20 years ago and I have to admit that I was devastated.

I was referred to the local hospital for a possible surgery as I could not see myself surviving going forward with this kind of pain and lack of mobility. The 75% risk of being paralyzed from the waist down was still a thing, and they were not able to reassure me that even if I was paralyzed the pain would go away. In effect I could end up being both paralyzed and having these crazy pains in my back. Their advice was that I contemplate a few days before making such a decision as their advice was to not get surgery. They would do it if I was adamant about it, but they strongly suggested that I shouldn’t get the surgery.

Fast forward ten days. I went to sleep just hoping for a just a few hours of rest. High as a kite and I did fall asleep. When I woke up again, I had slept for six hours, but more importantly … there was no pain in my back! Befuddled I got out of bed, and it was not a trick of my imagination – the back pain was gone!

I have never in my life felt such a relief in my body. I lack the vocabulary to describe this feeling and the emotions that flooded me. Grown men don’t cry … they weep! I popped some more meds and got back into bed because I was feeling strangely exhausted and the next time, I opened my eyes I had gotten twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep. The pain in my back was still gone and it still is to this day.

What had happened? My doc’s very scientific response was: “It’s a miracle!” I am not very religiously inclined, but I have to admit that I have thanked God quite a few times since this happened. The neurologists have explained that this kind of injury usually goes in itself within a year in 99% of the times. There are a select few where it does not. I was one of the select few for twenty years and now I am suddenly cured.

I have been very mindful with myself and my body these last weeks and I have even managed to drop half of my medication intake. Still no pain. I was a little worried that the pain had only receded to a level where the medication could effectively combat them. Well I still have another half to get rid of so I may discover this going forward, but right now I am full of hope for the future, which is something that has been severely lacking for quite a while.
The past five years have been more than just a nightmare all in all. From the beginning where I took up the mantle of game developer it feels like Murphy put a collar around my neck and attached a leash to it so he could jank me back if things were beginning to go too well for me. Maybe he has found a new favorite victim (poor soul), or he has reasoned that I am not fun anymore.

There is a long road ahead of me with physical therapy. Both for me to lose weight (I have gained forty pounds over the past twenty years) and to build some muscle again. My physical therapist claims that she will have me back in better shape than I was twenty years ago, but it may take me between one to two years depending on how slow we need to take it. For the first time in decades I am actually looking forward to living.

It is a long post, but I feel like I owe you some good news about my life considering how many times I have given you bad news in the past and I think this news is as good as it can possibly get for me.

What about the future of SotF? Well, I have decided to live a little before returning to the project and over the next six months I will go wherever my inspiration and creativity takes me in regard to making erotic comics. Come April 2023, I will hopefully be able return to working on SotF.
I want to able to work eight hours a day before I get back in the saddle, so it may even be more than six months, or if I am lucky and physical therapy really kicks off, it may even be less – I am hopeful!

Cheers - Kaffekop
That's amazing news! Very happy for you!!! Sometime things happen that can make us contemplate a higher being :) I'll be routing for you to get to be able to loose the meds all together!!

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019

Hi everyone (long post)

Cheers - Kaffekop
You do you. It's great to hear about things taking a turn for the better. Invest in your health, be well. Quit doing what triggers the bad stuff. Stop being a poopy pants. Get advice from less ...degenerate sources (incl. us here). The future is yours.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes