Yngling

Nov 15, 2020

Heya folks and foxes.
A belated merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all.
It has been a while and on my end it has been quite a tough while with little energy and serious downtime as I had to get weened off my oxy and codeine. Not just learn how to handle the addiction but cut it completely. This has been a tough one much to my surprise, actually. I thought that it would not be a problem - oh boy was I wrong! Long story very short, I managed to fight my way trough to the other side and I am now clean. One hell of a struggle, though.
I am not sure I would not have made it if not for The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Those 400+ gaming hours managed to keep my mind occupied throughout December and into January, which helped me managing my withdrawal symptoms. I am never doing this again! playing games; yes! Not the oxy and codeine addiction.
Anyways. I am still trying me hands on animating and I have decided that any animations are going to be made in DAZ, which is the program that I use for the images. It's mostly like fighting a toddler, throwing a husky temper tantrum, but if I where to dive into Blender for the animations, I am not sure when I would be able to return to SotF. I also tried my hands on UE5, IClone8 and Cascadeur. None of those really tickle my fancy. There seems to be quite the learning curve with these programs. UE5 looks fairly interesting and it could be interesting to create an adult game in that engine, but that is maybe something for the future - who knows.
As you probably already have guessed I am returning to SotF sometime this year. The first order of business will be an updated version 0.7 (will be labeled as version 0.7.1). It will be released when I have added animations to all the sex scenes that exists in the game at the time of writing this. There are quite a few sex scenes so it will take a while.
I hope that life treats you well and thank you for your patience.
I will try to keep you updated on a more regular basis in the future.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Thanks for the update!

Though, if it were my choice, which it isn't, I'd much rather have a larger amount of story progression than animations.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Aw, Kaffekop! Congratulations on getting clean, man! I hope you continue to do just better and better as time rolls on. Stay safe and look after yourself. I look forward to v0.7.1 when that's ready, but I especially am looking forward to a healthy you — both physically and mentally. Be well, sir.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Well hot damn. Came back to the thread after remembering and then replaying that fantastic Imani/Sheniqua threesome to find out the game isn't completely dead. Tis a good day. Glad to see the Dev back and healthy.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
1675976223159.png
Thank you KAFFEKOP for knowing you are in great shape and especially free from oxy-code addiction.
Good to hear that you are doing betterand that when sooner we get your new ones back.
When we used to say that you should never lose hope and that this thread is special and different from others, because here it is not only SOTF that is important BUT friend Kaffekop before anything else.
My and I think I can say our best wishes for your health and your future.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey folks - long time indeed and thanks for keeping my seat warm ;)

It is amazing to be out on the other side of 20 years of... being on hold, so to speak. After having gotten clean I have noticed just how bad it was with my mental health and my addiction. I have had quite a few very candid talks with family and friends about who and what I had turned into over the years. Terrible realization, but it had to be done... I guess.
Trying to kick my antidepressants at the moment and I sure hope that doesn't take as much toll on me as kicking those other drugs.
Anyways... I hope that life treats you well and that you all are staying healthy.

I am apparently never going to become an animator, by the looks of it. The other day I reached the end of my rope when it comes to animating and I have tossed in the proverbial towel! No more agonizing over setting up animations that simply doesn't meet the standard that I want. Yes, it means that there wont be coming animations to SotF... like EVER!

This means that I'm back at working on SotF again come Monday. There may be some changes coming to the story as I have spent some time reading up on the story and the plot. Choices I made back then, when I was under the influence, were perhaps not the best that could be made. I'll let you know if there will be changes as I delve more into my notes and brainstorming's of the past.

As always I wont give you a release date for 0.8. That way I wont set everything up for failure. We have all been there time and time again and we don't need anymore of that.

On another note. I still dabble a little in comics and have recently fallen down the rabbit hole of AI generated images/art. If you want to follow my journey in these endeavors, you can always visit my website:

Cheers - Kaffekop

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017

It is amazing to be out on the other side of 20 years of... being on hold, so to speak. After having gotten clean I have noticed just how bad it was with my mental health and my addiction. I have had quite a few very candid talks with family and friends about who and what I had turned into over the years. Terrible realization, but it had to be done... I guess.
Trying to kick my antidepressants at the moment and I sure hope that doesn't take as much toll on me as kicking those other drugs.
Anyways... I hope that life treats you well and that you all are staying healthy.

I am apparently never going to become an animator, by the looks of it. The other day I reached the end of my rope when it comes to animating and I have tossed in the proverbial towel! No more agonizing over setting up animations that simply doesn't meet the standard that I want. Yes, it means that there wont be coming animations to SotF... like EVER!

This means that I'm back at working on SotF again come Monday. There may be some changes coming to the story as I have spent some time reading up on the story and the plot. Choices I made back then, when I was under the influence, were perhaps not the best that could be made. I'll let you know if there will be changes as I delve more into my notes and brainstorming's of the past.

As always I wont give you a release date for 0.8. That way I wont set everything up for failure. We have all been there time and time again and we don't need anymore of that.

On another note. I still dabble a little in comics and have recently fallen down the rabbit hole of AI generated images/art. If you want to follow my journey in these endeavors, you can always visit my website:

Cheers - Kaffekop
This news are good news, keep warm.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017

Cheers - Kaffekop
360_F_61358472_ldUTAA4nmpCFOVxhSqc6ocyuaYnh27ne.jpg

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022

Cheers - Kaffekop
Animations are another whole world. 3D artist and motion graphics designer are separate professions. To be honest i never saw good animations in DAZ projects for now.

Leycer21

Aug 15, 2017

Cheers - Kaffekop
Good to see you back, take easy and don't overwork just enjoy the work on the game.

Aethan

Sep 24, 2017

Cheers - Kaffekop
Hello Learning animation is very long and you don't become an animator without learning fundamentals of animation and how the bodymechanic works... Start to animate a ball, make bounces than move to a biped by larning how to make a walkcycle, run cycle, ... sex scene in animation are maybe too early :)

Take care :)

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017

Cheers - Kaffekop
Welcome back again! Yeah, personally I'm not the biggest fan of animations because they take a lot of resources to do and do well that could be IMO better used for more images per scene unless you're someone with a monster secondary rig dedicated to rendering them.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes