Aug 27, 2021
Hey folks - long time indeed and thanks for keeping my seat warm ;)

It is amazing to be out on the other side of 20 years of... being on hold, so to speak. After having gotten clean I have noticed just how bad it was with my mental health and my addiction. I have had quite a few very candid talks with family and friends about who and what I had turned into over the years. Terrible realization, but it had to be done... I guess.
Trying to kick my antidepressants at the moment and I sure hope that doesn't take as much toll on me as kicking those other drugs.
Anyways... I hope that life treats you well and that you all are staying healthy.

I am apparently never going to become an animator, by the looks of it. The other day I reached the end of my rope when it comes to animating and I have tossed in the proverbial towel! No more agonizing over setting up animations that simply doesn't meet the standard that I want. Yes, it means that there wont be coming animations to SotF... like EVER!

This means that I'm back at working on SotF again come Monday. There may be some changes coming to the story as I have spent some time reading up on the story and the plot. Choices I made back then, when I was under the influence, were perhaps not the best that could be made. I'll let you know if there will be changes as I delve more into my notes and brainstorming's of the past.

As always I wont give you a release date for 0.8. That way I wont set everything up for failure. We have all been there time and time again and we don't need anymore of that.

On another note. I still dabble a little in comics and have recently fallen down the rabbit hole of AI generated images/art. If you want to follow my journey in these endeavors, you can always visit my website:

Cheers - Kaffekop
YAAAAAY!! YEEEESSS!! The day has come. I'm very happy for you, that you manage your problems. And I'm waiting for new updates. Keep it cool man.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Just wanted to know if you are working on .8 from scratch or from where you left off?
Right now I am working my way through a lot of material that my influenced self thought were good ideas. In the process I suspect that I will streamline the story somewhat and make a few changes where appropriate, but all in all I think I can continue from where I left off - once I get my other self's notes, and narrative ideas sorted.

I suspect that I will have the streamlined narrative firmly nailed down this week. This will probably also call for a change in how I worked in the past, now that I see things a little more clearly.
For instance my previous self allowed for the ability to be creative between updates and sometimes stray form the narrative that was already pinned down. This is something I can't allow to happen anymore. It ruins your experience as well as my own - delivery wise.

Anyways, sorry to bug you with technicalities.

Cheers - Kaffekop

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
Right now I am working my way through a lot of material that my influenced self thought were good ideas. In the process I suspect that I will streamline the story somewhat and make a few changes where appropriate, but all in all I think I can continue from where I left off - once I get my other self's notes, and narrative ideas sorted.

I suspect that I will have the streamlined narrative firmly nailed down this week. This will probably also call for a change in how I worked in the past, now that I see things a little more clearly.
For instance my previous self allowed for the ability to be creative between updates and sometimes stray form the narrative that was already pinned down. This is something I can't allow to happen anymore. It ruins your experience as well as my own - delivery wise.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Thank you

Reactions: daytona765

Dorf56

Sep 3, 2019

Cheers - Kaffekop
My prayers have been answered! Now if the MC hooks up with the secretary at his work, life will be good!

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022

Cheers - Kaffekop
oh man ,its good to know you are still alive and kicking ....im talking from my experience with drugs that or you leave them or they just end you so bro stay away from them .i know isnt easy ,i know for fact but you need to ry no matter what ,good luck to you and hope we can see new update coming [dont worry about animations ]till now tyour work was and is pretty dope....

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
It is always an immense pleasure that you are well, to know that you have found new strength to take back what wrong therapies had taken from you. Thank you for what you gave to all of us with SINS OFTHE FATHER, and you can see the results if after a hiatus of a few years, we are still here waiting to see how the lives of the beautiful Mary, and the fantastic characters who make the tale come alive.
Thank you dear friend KaffeKop 1680075884840.png

ReaverRaines

Jul 10, 2022

Cheers - Kaffekop
Just glad to see you back! and look forward to the update!

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes