Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
That's good to know Kaffekop, take it easy big guy, as we all know, health comes before anything, but it sure is nice to hear from you ;)
I'll try to make it a point to swing by more often in the future. Especially on these nights with insomniac, were I prepare images for batch-rendering.

Amazing how Nathalie went from one of my favourite female character in adult games to one of my most hated.:unsure:
That's amazing! I mean ... well ... not really and then ... yay me!
I consider it the best measure of success if I can stir that kind of emotional response from any one of my characters. And I'm not talking about an "I really want to fuck her" response.
That is the greatest praise any writer can ever hope for.

On another note, I've passed the 600 images mark and the first partly rewrite of a scene has also happened. That's just how it is, so nothing to worry about.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
I consider it the best measure of success if I can stir that kind of emotional response from any one of my characters.
That is the greatest praise any writer can ever hope for.

Cheers - Kaffekop
That's cool if you think so but saying that negative emotional response is the best measure of success and greatest praise ANY writer can EVER hope for is very questionable statement to put it lightly. At least speak for yourself, not all writers.

"Wow her brother collapsed on the street and all she did was shove him into an open car and take off even before he even regain consciousness. That girl is a garbage human being, most normal people treat strangers with way more care than this." Do you really consider this type of reaction to be greatest praise?

Reactions: Valeck

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
That's cool if you think so but saying that negative emotional response is the best measure of success and greatest praise ANY writer can EVER hope for is very questionable statement to put it lightly. At least speak for yourself, not all writers.

"Wow her brother collapsed on the street and all she did was shove him into an open car and take off even before he even regain consciousness. That girl is a garbage human being, most normal people treat strangers with way more care than this." Do you really consider this type of reaction to be greatest praise?
Hmm, I guess I should be more careful with my wording, especially as English is not my first language.
What I meant was: Any emotional response, be it negative or positive, other than "I want to bang that".

Your reaction tells me that I've hit a note with her reaction to the reveal. Your reaction to Nathalie is negative but it could also be more neutral or even a measure of understanding what she is going through.
As I've said before, some time ago, she is written from my personal experience and is as close to a real life "case" as she can be. The girl in question also lost a few friends when she threw her tantrum, but eventually all turned out well for her and her family. It took some time, but the wounds healed and they eventually moved on.
I can't take that amount of time to tell her story within this narrative, so this is seriously condensed into this little "happening" which is concluded in this next version.

I do believe that writers will jump for joy if he/she can elicit any emotional response from the readers. Bear in mind that some writers/authors are manipulative in the extreme, when it comes to their characters. There is a reason for their characters to be in the story after all, not necessarily only to get fucked (like in this case).

Anyways, thank you for playing.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Hmm, I guess I should be more careful with my wording, especially as English is not my first language.
What I meant was: Any emotional response, be it negative or positive, other than "I want to bang that".

Your reaction tells me that I've hit a note with her reaction to the reveal. Your reaction to Nathalie is negative but it could also be more neutral or even a measure of understanding what she is going through.
As I've said before, some time ago, she is written from my personal experience and is as close to a real life "case" as she can be. The girl in question also lost a few friends when she threw her tantrum, but eventually all turned out well for her and her family. It took some time, but the wounds healed and they eventually moved on.
I can't take that amount of time to tell her story within this narrative, so this is seriously condensed into this little "happening" which is concluded in this next version.

I do believe that writers will jump for joy if he/she can elicit any emotional response from the readers. Bear in mind that some writers/authors are manipulative in the extreme, when it comes to their characters. There is a reason for their characters to be in the story after all, not necessarily only to get fucked (like in this case).

Anyways, thank you for playing.

Cheers - Kaffekop
I just can't imagine sibling act like that in real life. Nathalie and her brother are in the same situation, I can understand lashing out to mother or friends but acting like sociopath towards her brother who is in the same boat as her is just nonsense. The girl from your personal experience, what was her motivation for shutting out her brother and treating him like shit? When I played this it felt as if I missed some kind of event where main character did something very bad to Nathalie, something that would explain her attitude towards him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valeck

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
I just can't imagine sibling act like that in real life. Nathalie and her brother are in the same situation, I can understand lashing out to mother or friends but acting like sociopath towards her brother who is in the same boat as her is just nonsense. The girl from your personal experience, what was her motivation for shutting out her brother and treating him like shit? When I played this it felt as if I missed some kind of event where main character did something very bad to Nathalie, something that would explain her attitude towards him.
Her two sisters didn't get upset about it and didn't understand her outrage at being lied to her entire life. That was about the best reasoning or rationalization she had when the storm blew over. It left her all alone with emotions she didn't know how to handle and she ended up turning to us (my wife and I) and our daughter.
My daughter and her where bff's since kindergarten and we always considered her part of the family so it was natural for her to spend the days and nights at our place. When she turned up on our doorstep and told me that she moved in, I was like "Whaaaaat?".
It took quite some time to even get her to sit down and talk to her mother, but eventually things turned out okay. It is still a sore point with her, but she has moved past it, or so I believe.

So, no. You didn't miss anything in the play-through. She is just human and when it comes to emotions we are usually far from reasonable when getting caught in the throes of our emotions.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Her two sisters didn't get upset about it and didn't understand her outrage at being lied to her entire life. That was about the best reasoning or rationalization she had when the storm blew over. It left her all alone with emotions she didn't know how to handle and she ended up turning to us (my wife and I) and our daughter.
My daughter and her where bff's since kindergarten and we always considered her part of the family so it was natural for her to spend the days and nights at our place. When she turned up on our doorstep and told me that she moved in, I was like "Whaaaaat?".
It took quite some time to even get her to sit down and talk to her mother, but eventually things turned out okay. It is still a sore point with her, but she has moved past it, or so I believe.

So, no. You didn't miss anything in the play-through. She is just human and when it comes to emotions we are usually far from reasonable when getting caught in the throes of our emotions.

Cheers - Kaffekop
I just wanna say that situation from your personal life sounds way more reasonable and normal than your version of it in your game. But at least other parts of the game were not bad, no offence. I just hope after this whole Nathalie event you will give players option to give her a cold shoulder or something. If he will be like "we are good friends now once again" for no reason it will be very annoying since she treated him like garbage through this whole situation. Something needs to happen to repair their relationship after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aelth and Valeck

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
I just wanna say that situation from your personal life sounds way more reasonable and normal than your version of it in your game. But at least other parts of the game were not bad, no offence. I just hope after this whole Nathalie event you will give players option to give her a cold shoulder or something. If he will be like "we are good friends now once again" for no reason it will be very annoying since she treated him like garbage through this whole situation. Something needs to happen to repair their relationship after that.
No worries, I'm not easily offended. I wouldn't be doing this if I was ;)
Teenage drama is probably the only thing that can really tick me off, but other than that, I'm very relaxed. Usually if I consider someone an idiot, I'll just stop talking to them. I mean, why waste time on idiots?
That doesn't mean that if I don't respond to every post made here, that I consider someone an idiot. That has something to do with time and "need". Not every post "needs" a response from me. And I'm talking about my needs here, and not the posters. No offense to anyone, prior posters and upcoming :D

Well, the coldest shoulder is to not involve oneself with her when the option presents itself, and of course that option is coming up in 0.7. Other than that there will be no immediate "adverse" reaction from our protagonist. He has the capacity to forgive, but down the line the more important question will be: Can he also forget and let bygones be bygones?

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
bobbo69
And German was my second language for the better part of my life. Sadly I haven't had any dealings with the German language for far too many years and one tends to forget that which we don't use often enough.
I tried my hands on French, but that is a language that totally eludes me. My French teacher, a lovely lady, asked the class on our first day, if any of us knew anything about French. I raised my hand and told her that I was an expert in anything French ... apart from the language :ROFLMAO: The class thought it was mighty funny, but she was not impressed.

Cheers - Kaffekop

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
bobbo69
And German was my second language for the better part of my life. Sadly I haven't had any dealings with the German language for far too many years and one tends to forget that which we don't use often enough.
I tried my hands on French, but that is a language that totally eludes me. My French teacher, a lovely lady, asked the class on our first day, if any of us knew anything about French. I raised my hand and told her that I was an expert in anything French ... apart from the language :ROFLMAO: The class thought it was mighty funny, but she was not impressed.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Lol, believe it or not, but my first language is actually French, my mom was French and so I went to French school all my life, but I made English friends, and my dad is English, but I only got to see him when I was like 15 years old, he had two jobs at the time, working at C.N.R ( Canadian National Rail ) and was a taxi driver at night, up until he got stabbed by a bunch of coloured guy's, he survived three stab wounds, they're weren't fatal, but almost ran out of blood, they found him right on time, glad they did, my mom passed like 15 years ago, and my dad is 86 years old and in great shape, he still bicycle 40 km a day and walks everywhere, he's in better shape than I am :p maybe I'll come down to your country one day, I'd love to visit Europe ;)

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
That's an impressive physique for an 86 years old. He is also in better shape than me, I can tell you that. Though I'm trying to rectify that.
Copenhagen is a great place in the summer, or so I've been told. Haven't been there for ... o_O ... I don't even remember!
Swing by someday and I might be able to buy you a beer.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: bobbo69
4.10 star(s) 66 Votes