Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
This looks like a massive downgrade considering he's the guy who came up with a model for Mary.
Could use with some more meat on her thighs in my opinion. Her protruding ass looks a bit odd, like a tumor or a botched ass job.
Slap some tanlines on her and i may consider her for Mary's distant cousin, that haven't really made it into the family, but sorta hangs out around them.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaffekop and Abhai

K9

May 28, 2017
  1. Jocelyn (not harem, but does include Marsha*)
*I can't remember for sure, but I believe the Nathalie scene may no longer be available on this path. However, maybe K9 could offer a specific way to mess up the Mom path and get the extra Nathalie scene.

Note: In spite of the disclaimer on that walkthrough (that Kaffekop made changes to Nat and Jo so the WT wouldn't work anymore), I found the WT still very useful for the most part. I didn't find myself wishing "for that one scene" or anything.
To get the alternative scene with Nat' in the bathroom, you need:
* to not be on Nat's path;
* AND Mom must have less than 20 Lust (hence the messing up if you're on her path);
* AND Nat' must have 13 Lust or more (need to give Gina a ride, go fuck Marsha that day and tell Nat about it in the evening);
* AND you must have picked Nat' or Mom when you chose who to think about when you wank in the bathroom.

That's how it worked in 0.6.0 anyway.

IIRC The only thing you shouldn't be able to do with the walkthrough in 6.1 is getting Nat' to come home. Kaffekop made changes to the paths going back to the first day and I didn't feel like retrying every path from the beginning for a hotfix, even if he gave me the highlights. The next update was supposed to come a month after, so I decided to wait.

You should however still be able to see most if not all of the sex scenes.

Last edited:

Old Wolf

Jan 4, 2019
Lauren in glasses is mysterious, educated, thinking about the problem.
The downside is plus five years.
After all, I bet on glasses - you can take them off first :)

Reactions: Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Does this game have animations?
No, and most likely it never will.
I'm not a fan of animations as I believe they detract from the whole vn experience. I have yet to find a game, where animations add to the experience - in my opinion.
Besides that, I could see myself adding animations in a form of a gallery, once an erotic scene has been played, but that is very much just me thinking out loud.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm not a fan of animations as I believe they detract from the whole vn experience. I have yet to find a game, where animations add to the experience - in my opinion.
Besides that, I could see myself adding animations in a form of a gallery, once an erotic scene has been played, but that is very much just me thinking out loud.

Cheers - Kaffekop
God bless you Kaffekop!
I just wish there is more devs like you regarding all that "animations are essential for any good avn-s" shit.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
WHAT?? I was SO looking forward to the animation of the MC playing solitaire for an hour. -Sigh- I will just go and cry in the corner now. :cry:

Honestly Animations tend to be hit or miss. I think that in time they will improve, but for now they can end up with to many issues so I don't mind if there aren't any (unless they are VERY good).

Just a thought.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaffekop

FatBoizSlim

Jan 10, 2020

Cheers - Kaffekop
I was just asking, no harm intended. Animations aren't necessary, good story and nice renders are far more important in my opinion, but I also think that good animations add to the whole experience in some games.
Thanks for the reply. Take care.

Reactions: Shiva0067

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
I don't dislike animations in VNs generally, but I would rather prefer to see the ressources of the dev used on more story/larger updates than on animations. Animations are nice gimmicks, but most of the time they won't add anything essential to the story or the characters.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
FatBoizSlim

My apologies if I came off as sounding gruff, that was not my intention.

I have spoken to an animator that I know, and he doesn't want anything to do with a project such as mine. We had a long talk about animations as a whole and the amount of cash it would require to achieve the level of quality that I would be happy with. Let's just say that it is way out of my financial reach.

Another beef when it comes to animation is the amount of time you have to put into just setting up the whole scene and then the rendering times of course.
I may have another look at animations when 0.7 has been released, now that I'm updating my render-rig to have three RTX 2080TI cards doing the rendering. Maybe I can get the render times down to an acceptable level.

I did an animation last year, just to try my hands on it:

The scene is with Mack and Marsha and it is a simple scene of her riding him. Nothing fancy for my first go at this.
Given the time I spend on this, 12+ hours, which includes the time to correcting the pose, setting the scene, rendering and Photoshop I'm not sure it's worth my time to go deeper into learning how to animate. Again, perhaps lower render times might fix that.
Besides I'm not happy with the outcome, and it would require even more time to correct the tits from being so ugly in their bouncing, and I would say, that a changing facial expression would also be required if it were to have some merit.

Again it could be argues that as I learn more about how to set up an animation the time to do so would decrease, as it of course has done with setting up regular images over time.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts on animation. You all stay safe.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
My problem with animations in VN's is they either look like a short slide-show. Or they look so un-natural in their characters movement it detracts from the sexiness. Like the tit-swaying of Marsha in your example tbh.
And a really big shortcoming, if you use animations: not animating the cumshot (male or female) The 'momente supreme' gets no animated attention? This makes no sense to me! But that must be just me, considering what I see around these forums.
Few games that do it right, imo, are: The Visit, which is just really good and the creator of 'Depraved Awakenings' and 'City of Broken Dreams' shows how long it can take to go from bad/mediocre animations, in its earlier releases of DA, to its very good animations in the latest releases of CoBD. There is a gap of about 2-3 years I reckon.
You either use multiple (lenghty) animations so they add something substantial to a scene, or not at all and just let the writing and (hopefully multiple) stills do the talking. Anything in between feels just 'meh' to me.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes