lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
FatBoizSlim

My apologies if I came off as sounding gruff, that was not my intention.

I have spoken to an animator that I know, and he doesn't want anything to do with a project such as mine. We had a long talk about animations as a whole and the amount of cash it would require to achieve the level of quality that I would be happy with. Let's just say that it is way out of my financial reach.

Another beef when it comes to animation is the amount of time you have to put into just setting up the whole scene and then the rendering times of course.
I may have another look at animations when 0.7 has been released, now that I'm updating my render-rig to have three RTX 2080TI cards doing the rendering. Maybe I can get the render times down to an acceptable level.

I did an animation last year, just to try my hands on it: Mega

The scene is with Mack and Marsha and it is a simple scene of her riding him. Nothing fancy for my first go at this.
Given the time I spend on this, 12+ hours, which includes the time to correcting the pose, setting the scene, rendering and Photoshop I'm not sure it's worth my time to go deeper into learning how to animate. Again, perhaps lower render times might fix that.
Besides I'm not happy with the outcome, and it would require even more time to correct the tits from being so ugly in their bouncing, and I would say, that a changing facial expression would also be required if it were to have some merit.

Again it could be argues that as I learn more about how to set up an animation the time to do so would decrease, as it of course has done with setting up regular images over time.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts on animation. You all stay safe.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Just so you know .. well im not sure why youd be paying someone for animations or why this supposed pro thinks it's so hard, complex or expensive.
You can get very good prebuilt anims from renderotica etc first of all. Second it takes time to learn but there are good animation tools out there. Like posing it just takes time to learn. The 'cost' of animations is render time... 24 frames per second = 24 renders or if youre willing to put in more work.. partial renders (no reason to keep rerendering the things in scene that dont change). So if you want high quality.. 2 hours per render with a medium graphics machine (1070 .. looots of ram etc). 48 hours of render time per second animation... after you CAREFULLY check it over.Though theres no need for that quality level in an animation.. people literally cant see it. Id say 15-20 minutes per frame. But realistically most vn animations are 3 or 4 scenes cycled.. so 8 hours for ultra quality animations. etc. Just time intensive. ON the other hand.. i agree.. theyre VERY not worth it. The secret to these games is the story. Especially seduction/corruption etc... theres a reason those genres do so well.

I dont know what you do for a living etc. But if you dont get lazy and start creating hack shit like awam etc have done.. i think ou could do very well financially with this game. Games like this dmd big brother etc kept me upping my skills before i started getting serious on my game.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi Kaffekop
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
IDK why anyone would give you a facepalm just for asking. Seems a bit excessive. (Then again, I'm neutral on NTR personally, so I won't feel as strongly as some others might.) Your post is somewhat like just asking whether there are different endings; you want to see what the future might hold.

It doesn't feel like NTR would come in this game, but I have no idea what all Kaffekop has planned. It's currently much more of a polyamory / harem game than anything else.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeeeee lets not open up the whole ntr discussion here. This game is amazing as it is, take the ntr stuff to the ntr forums.
Dude, calm down. Nobody was picking up that discussion. There was a question about whether it was going to be in the game. I answered that it didn't seem like it, but no one but the developer could know for certain. That was as far as it was going.

Reactions: Mr. Harper

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hello guys and girls.
As I mentioned in the last newsflash I was about to make a big upgrade to my render rig. That turned out to be a limited success as the motherboard I was going to use turned out to have two faulty RAM slots. Now I'm in a waiting game again, this time for bigger RAM blocks. I've been promised that they will arrive next week, but these days ... who bloody knows!
This means, that I haven't been able to get rendering done in the amount that I had set my hopes on. Some images can be rendered in a batch, while others forces the render rig to reboot. Annoying as hell!
I've begun coding the stuff I already have made so that is out of the way when I get my hands on the RAM and can begin turning out renders in earnest again. Hopefully that will keep me on track for a release this month - we'll just have to see.
On a more personal note. I'm doing remarkably fine, even considering that one of my dogs had to be put down recently. It is unnerving how much pain and feeling of loss that decision has caused inside me, but it was for the best. 14 years is okay for a big dog (Labrador + border collie). Devilishly smart and close to omnivorous.
You all take care and stay safe.
Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Christian Harper

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before the NTR question would be popped. It's kinda remarkable that it hasn't really surfaced before, but let's try and nib this in the butt before things goes ballistic in here ... as they tend to do when it comes to NTR.

In the strictest sense: NO!

But given the many homespun ideas about what constitutes NTR ... maybe. I better give an example of what may or may not happen in the project.

Let's say that you chose not to get involved with Jocelyn. This means that she will still be experimenting with her sexuality, she will just have to do it without you. In this case Gina, Tamara, Barbara, Helen and maybe Marsha will turn out to become major players in her life. As will one or two guys from school, and maybe even a professor.
The same principle can be applied to all the women that you meet in the project.

To some people that constitutes NTR, when in reality it is not, seeing that you didn't want to involve yourself with Jocelyn in the first place. The problem with NTR is, that having any man fart in a girls general direction, that is not the player, to them is NTR.

Netori, however is a very distinct possibility in the project as some of the ladies you meet have husbands or partners. These can be pilfered away from said husbands or partners, if that is the way you want to spent your powers.

I hope this answers the questions about this particular fetish.

Stay safe.

Cheers - Kaffekop

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
[...]The problem with NTR is, that having any man fart in a girls general direction, that is not the player, to them is NTR.[...]
Good summary of a problem present in so many gamethreads on this forum.

It is a not about the tag/kink at all, it is about how emotional people react to something like this, especially since everyone seems to have their very own definition of it.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
It is a not about the tag/kink at all, it is about how emotional people react to something like this, especially since everyone seems to have their very own definition of it.
All too often, it's also about stupid opinionated people making assumptions when they haven't even tried to play the game...
Oh well... :rolleyes:

BuckyOHare

Oct 14, 2018
Christian Harper

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before the NTR question would be popped. It's kinda remarkable that it hasn't really surfaced before, but let's try and nib this in the butt before things goes ballistic in here ... as they tend to do when it comes to NTR.

In the strictest sense: NO!

But given the many homespun ideas about what constitutes NTR ... maybe. I better give an example of what may or may not happen in the project.

{...}

Netori, however is a very distinct possibility in the project as some of the ladies you meet have husbands or partners. These can be pilfered away from said husbands or partners, if that is the way you want to spent your powers.

I hope this answers the questions about this particular fetish.

Stay safe.

Cheers - Kaffekop
That's a super detailed and thoughtful answer. I love that you take the time to answer these things with such care and obvious consideration. Even if I hadn't already been a fan of your game, these kinds of responses would have made me want to try it.

Also: Triple 2080's? That is a crazy expensive rig!

Reactions: Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
That's a super detailed and thoughtful answer. I love that you take the time to answer these things with such care and obvious consideration. Even if I hadn't already been a fan of your game, these kinds of responses would have made me want to try it.

Also: Triple 2080's? That is a crazy expensive rig!
Thank you for your kind words. I do try to give some thought to my answers, in most cases ;)

Yeah, those three 2080 TI are pretty expensive, but I hope it will pay off in the long run with faster/bigger updates. Maybe even making it possible to work on two projects or making animation a thing for the project. Don't know yet what will happen because of them, but initial testing has cut render times significantly, which was the main purpose behind acquiring them.
Only issue right now is my motherboard having two defective ram slots, so I'm going to be looking for an upgrade there as well.

Cheers - Kaffekop

BuckyOHare

Oct 14, 2018
I hate when games show the MC´s face.. Like why would i wanna play as this pansy? Why not just hide his face and let the player use his/her imagination instead.
Normally I tend to agree. This one isn't so bad, though. I've been playing Lunar's Chosen recently, now that guy looks like a dork! Either way, it's not like I play these games to look at the dudes anyway, so...

Reactions: Sulring Durgul

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
On that animation discussion, I've said it a bunch of times before I'd rather have a scene with a bunch of unique renders with different, positions, angles, expressions, so on than two or three a five second long 24 or 30FPS loops.

simpleguy787

Apr 23, 2018
On that animation discussion, I've said it a bunch of times before I'd rather have a scene with a bunch of unique renders with different, positions, angles, expressions, so on than two or three a five second long 24 or 30FPS loops.
So much this

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes