Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi there.

Old saves don't work for this one, but they should work from here on out. I use the term "should", because I'm only human and therefore quite flawed ;)

There is no "fast skipping" in this, yet. May happen in the future, but that is not high on my list of things to add to the game.

I'm not sure about the resolution issues, that you're having, but if you have chosen a certain resolution when you first began, it does have a tendency to jump back to it, once you reach the game menu - even if you chose "windowed mode" at the start menu.
Go into "settings" and untick the full screen option and you should be golden - notice the "should" word again. You can also untick "windowed mode" at the start screen, which should also be able to get you back on track (you did notice it again, didn't you?).
This is of course me assuming that this is what it's all about ;)

Cheers - Kaffekop
Just quoting myself here (bad form I think!) but it's easier.
@Reese286 sorry, but I forgot to quote you when I made my post, so it got lost in thread.
Hope the above helps you out.

Wow in 5 days from 0.03 to 0.04, thats what i call fast updates lol.
But i think its more a 0.03.1 or i am wrong?
I wish I was that fast, but I'm not. The link leads to a post about the state of version 0.04.
There is no version 0.04 - yet. Fake news! :p

I can´t enter the game, I get this message: :(
I have absolutely no idea what that even means, but if you can find the crash report, you are welcome to send it to me. I'm not sure it will help, but I'll be happy to have a look at it.

@Bagger288 Thanks. I found a few files there, but no big sign, that says: SAVE.

@bllahbllub Thanks and check! On my list for repairs!

@delray I'd start kicking the uploader. He/she keeps missing the 32 bit version.

Off to continue working on the next update.
Have a good one.

Cheers - Kaffekop

dace22

Aug 7, 2016
Hello mister kaffekop , you can be very proud of your product if I am not mistaken you are Danish or atleast your name is so "Mange tak makker :p"

Reactions: Kaffekop

senjeny

Aug 4, 2017
Love the game so far. Congrats. However, of those two features...

· Loading previous saves.
· Fast skipping dialogue.

...at least one of them -whichever you like- should be a total priority. Otherwise, you're forcing players to replay all over again with each release.

SlicedHam

Feb 4, 2018
I really enjoyed myself playing this. It is basically the stereotypical incest plot but with really good writing and a few very promising twists to the formula.

What really bugs me in other games of the same kind is the missing tenacity of the family members as they give in too fast and therefore create a lack of real progress. This is thankfully not part of Sins of the Father. At least for now. ;)
If you have to grind for ages, on the other hand, it gets boring really fast so I really liked the way this game handles this issue. There is a character that is so straightforwardly sexually attracted to the MC which keeps the pace flowing and allows for some sweet scenes to be viewed.

I do have to point out that controls and UI are not really pretty. Progressing to the next scene for instance, requires you to either click on a very tiny portion of the dialog box or use the spacebar instead. Didn't bother me too much but felt a bit awkward coming from other games that use renpy for example. You get 8 save slots I believe and they were enough for me at least. Also no rollback and dialog-skipping which, oddly enough, didn't bother me as it forced me in a good way to play the game rather than skipping back and forth and adding weight to my decisions. Just had to accept that some scenes might not be accessible. Hence increasing replayability for me. Although, that could be a problem in the future without a substitute for text-skipping but the creator mentioned not being into coding that much and as a result of that an implementation might never happen.

Overall a very enjoyable game. Can't wait to get my hands on the next updates!

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
@Bagger288 Thanks. I found a few files there, but no big sign, that says: SAVE.
So, good news: I found the saves. They're in PlayerPrefs, which moves around depending on OS, but it's in the registry on Windows (HKCU\Software\Kaffekop). There are a few entries per save slot, but mostly it's a 400-byte key with the game state and a 1kB key that holds all the scenes encountered.

I also noticed that I was able to get the new characters initialized by starting a new game before loading my old save. Loading old saves worked even without doing that, but none of the changes to their mood registered.

However, making new saves was still buggy, especially after the first in-game day, and flat out failed later on (using a loaded game). The associated exception message was "Could not store preference value at UnityEngine.PlayerPrefs.SetString".

I also noticed a few other bugs in the logs: "<i<Shit, she is good looking." and "Switch [Marsha] not found. Assuming an Off state." (I believe that last one happened at the end of the update, when the neighbour boy came to say hi).

Reactions: yoyomistro

secrecy

May 1, 2017
I must say this is my favorite game actually. My only regret is cannot use mouse to advance story. The space bar is uncomfortable. I suppose this should be easy to correct.

secrecy

May 1, 2017
You actually can use the mouse! You have to click on the dialog bar at around the height of the name of the character speaking.
Many thanks! If that´s been from the first versión, I am a fool not to notice before.
I have a bigger problem now: game freezes when trying to save the new version. Saves were becoming more and more slow each time, around 1-2 minutes, but now it is imposible. I suppose game is cousuming my pc resources.

Reactions: Ruykiru

secrecy

May 1, 2017
Ok. Just discovered what happens. Because old saves doesn´t work game freezes when try to save an old game. I was eXpecting the typical "an error..." message of renpy games.

U

User_32285

Ok. Just discovered what happens. Because old saves doesn´t work game freezes when try to save an old game. I was eXpecting the typical "an error..." message of renpy games.
Started new fresh game and I have same problems, the further I get in the game the slower the save, until freeze

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes