BimboLoover

Jul 31, 2023
Complete sidenote here, but I am curious about people's preferences - anyone here like me who hates Christmas-themed outfits? ^^
(Especially knowing what Mary is hiding beneath, lol sorry Kaffekop :D , but that's beside the point)

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Complete sidenote here, but I am curious about people's preferences - anyone here like me who hates Christmas-themed outfits? ^^
(Especially knowing what Mary is hiding beneath, lol sorry Kaffekop :D , but that's beside the point)
I am one of those, despite of what I posted. But it seems others like it, so...

Cheers - Kaffekop

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
Dear Kaffekop first of all, I always wish you the best in life and especially that TSOTF UPDATE 8 will see the light of day soon. This forum or tread call it what you will, has always distinguished itself by having a friendly relationship with Kaffekop seldom have you seen TRoll because immediately hilted and now that we know you fit, we are happy.
Update 8 will be when it will be and it is not given to us common and affectionate mortals to know. :p:p:p
As always, stay fit Kaffekop(y)(y)

Sammy1

Jan 2, 2018
I was looking back across this site; it will be great to see the abandoned tag removed once version 8 is out. A long time coming. I noticed some of the original names are still popping up under the likes as well as many new names. There are over 1,100 likes under the game title on page one, I never realized there were so many before. Have a great day...

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Heya folks and foxes
Version 0.8 will not be released this year as I had hoped. I am still several scenes away from finishing creating images and then I still need to put it all together and of course doing some testing, before releasing it.
I dare not set another release date. It tends to get your hopes up and I hate to let people down. Therefore we are going back to what I usually say, when it comes to release dates; It will be released when it is done!
You all have a happy new year and be careful out there. Don't get hurt.

Cheers - Kaffekop

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'm really annoyed with this dev now. I know we are playing this game here for free. But that does not mean he's going to keep lying continuously . He should just stop making this game at this point.
Maybe before you spout out like this you go and read what was up then you can come back here and apologies for this ignorant post.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
I will always keep asking myself,but can anyone before writing figure out and then realize what to write? Bully, ostracize, toxic opinion?
One thing was simply said here, You pay nothing, Kaffekop has no obligation to you, nor does he owe you anything. Now if we stop being defense lawyers, and understand that writing, this author bores me, it has no logic here where you have no chains to obligate you. What we have always asked for here is respect for those who offer you something even though they have no obligation to do so.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Yes, many authors deleted their accounts from f95, some stopped developing their games due to toxic posts, arrogant and stupid users.
That is sadly true.

Being artistically inclined in any ways, these days, requires you to grow an armor the likes of Shardplate to withstand the negativity and hate that is thrown your ways. Many don't manage that, I am afraid, and abandon their projects because of it, leaving the world poorer for it.

Why is that so? - I hear you cry ... well gather around, kids, it's story time.
A man once wrote a novel, his first, and as he had already accomplished author's within his friend-zone they agreed to read it and give feedback. He also found other people, ones that he didn't know and who were not author's but "merely" readers. Many of them fairly prolific readers within the genre of the novel he had written.
When the response came in he was surprised at all the positive feedback he was getting. Not one of the readers, or author's had anything negatively to say about his novel. There were some issues with the consistency of the writing but all in all, everyone were absolutely impressed and quite a few wanted him to write more within the world that he had created - sparking thoughts of making a sequel.
He kept working on the novel and got the writing consistency down and after a thumbs-up from his author friends he shipped it off to a publisher. After waiting for quite some time he finally received a letter from the publisher with a scathing review of the novel.
Our author in spe took this hard and didn't understand any of this but was told by his author friends that it could be difficult to get accepted into a publishing house the first time around, and that he should just keep sending it to other publishers, because one of them would surely sign with him.
Sadly this tale is about what negativity can do to any budding artist. There were absolutely no constructive criticism in the letter from the editor, but only a tsunami of negativity and hate toward the genre and the novel. It left our hero in emotional shambles and he never did send off his work to any other publishers.
In fact he didn't write again until a great many years later after he met another author who knew of said editor. She could tell of a person who had gotten fired after being an ass one too many times in his career, especially towards new and budding authors. She gave him many a good council on how to ignore unfounded and unwarranted criticism. She explained that many artists are emotionally vulnerable and prone to bouts of depression and have a tendency to take criticism of any kind way too serious. In essence she taught him how to create and equip a Shardplate, which gave him the courage to try his hands on being creative again, and even to release it to public scrutiny and potential ridicule, hate or negativity.

Cheers - Kaffekop

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
That is sadly true.

Being artistically inclined in any ways, these days, requires you to grow an armor the likes of Shardplate to withstand the negativity and hate that is thrown your ways. Many don't manage that, I am afraid, and abandon their projects because of it, leaving the world poorer for it.

Why is that so? - I hear you cry ... well gather around, kids, it's story time.
A man once wrote a novel, his first, and as he had already accomplished author's within his friend-zone they agreed to read it and give feedback. He also found other people, ones that he didn't know and who were not author's but "merely" readers. Many of them fairly prolific readers within the genre of the novel he had written.
When the response came in he was surprised at all the positive feedback he was getting. Not one of the readers, or author's had anything negatively to say about his novel. There were some issues with the consistency of the writing but all in all, everyone were absolutely impressed and quite a few wanted him to write more within the world that he had created - sparking thoughts of making a sequel.
He kept working on the novel and got the writing consistency down and after a thumbs-up from his author friends he shipped it off to a publisher. After waiting for quite some time he finally received a letter from the publisher with a scathing review of the novel.
Our author in spe took this hard and didn't understand any of this but was told by his author friends that it could be difficult to get accepted into a publishing house the first time around, and that he should just keep sending it to other publishers, because one of them would surely sign with him.
Sadly this tale is about what negativity can do to any budding artist. There were absolutely no constructive criticism in the letter from the editor, but only a tsunami of negativity and hate toward the genre and the novel. It left our hero in emotional shambles and he never did send off his work to any other publishers.
In fact he didn't write again until a great many years later after he met another author who knew of said editor. She could tell of a person who had gotten fired after being an ass one too many times in his career, especially towards new and budding authors. She gave him many a good council on how to ignore unfounded and unwarranted criticism. She explained that many artists are emotionally vulnerable and prone to bouts of depression and have a tendency to take criticism of any kind way too serious. In essence she taught him how to create and equip a Shardplate, which gave him the courage to try his hands on being creative again, and even to release it to public scrutiny and potential ridicule, hate or negativity.

Cheers - Kaffekop
lol. A fellow reader of stormlight I see. Very very good series.

Reactions: Kaffekop

Joc

Sep 2, 2017
Mr. Kaffekop, first of all, thank you for the work you did on 'Sins of the Father'. Originality, graphic quality, bifurcality of the plot,... Also thank you for being on this forum explaining the development of the game to us. Skip the destructive criticism, take care of your health and let's hope that 2024 begins with a continuation of 'SOTF'.
Just wish you a good new year. Thanks for everything.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
lol. A fellow reader of stormlight I see. Very very good series.
I think "good" is an understatement, but then again ... I love a slow burn. I am not sure the pacing is for everyone, but I have enjoyed the ride tremendously. Just finished the fourth novel last night and looking forward to next December for the last installment of this wonderful tale.
I happened to follow a recommendation from Henry Cavil in some short-thing on YT and was a little loathe to follow some celebrity recommendation, but him being the nerdy guy he is, I took a chance and ... well, amazing story!

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Mr. Kaffekop, first of all, thank you for the work you did on 'Sins of the Father'. Originality, graphic quality, bifurcality of the plot,... Also thank you for being on this forum explaining the development of the game to us. Skip the destructive criticism, take care of your health and let's hope that 2024 begins with a continuation of 'SOTF'.
Just wish you a good new year. Thanks for everything.
Thank you for those kind words, good sir. I am glad that you enjoy what i create.
The continuation is coming, though slower than I had hoped. Still 8 scenes to go and some are erotic which have a tendency to take forever to set up, but I'm getting there.

Cheers - Kaffekop

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I think "good" is an understatement, but then again ... I love a slow burn. I am not sure the pacing is for everyone, but I have enjoyed the ride tremendously. Just finished the fourth novel last night and looking forward to next December for the last installment of this wonderful tale.
I happened to follow a recommendation from Henry Cavil in some short-thing on YT and was a little loathe to follow some celebrity recommendation, but him being the nerdy guy he is, I took a chance and ... well, amazing story!

Cheers - Kaffekop
Never heard of this series. Is it a sprawling world on the darker side, or more of a hero's journey epic? So I guess more Martin or Tolkien?

Reactions: Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Never heard of this series. Is it a sprawling world on the darker side, or more of a hero's journey epic? So I guess more Martin or Tolkien?
I had never heard of this either until December last year. I can't understand that this gem has escaped me at all.
It's a darker story following a fairly large cast which I am not necessarily a fan of, but he does make it work a lot better than Martin did/does (I stopped with Martin halfway through the third book).
The world building is better/more interesting than what Tolkien did (is this akin to blasphemy?) in my opinion. The story is more engaging than Tolkien's - by far. I mean ... emotionally, he really nails certain scenes in ways that Tolkien never could. To me, Tolkien always had this distance or aloofness to his work which I don't find in Brandon Sanderson's. I mean ... there was a particular scene in this fourth installment where I almost wept - actually there were two, but who is counting, right? That is fairly unusual for me.
If you love a slow story i recommend checking out the Stormlight Archives. To me, it is the best fantasy I have encountered in years.

Cheers - Kaffekop

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
The world building is better/more interesting than what Tolkien did (is this akin to blasphemy?) in my opinion.
In that case, can I recommend The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan? He's the one who inspired Brandon Sanderson to write in the first place. In fact, Brandon Sanderson was the one who was asked to finish the series after Jordan passed away (fun fact, Martin was also considered but Jordan's widow figured he wouldn't have time since he had to finish his own series first).
The first book, The Eye of the World, is very similar to The Fellowship of the Ring, as it is written as an homage to Tolkien, but it takes a completely different path towards the end. Basically, once the Fellowship leaves Rivendell to go to Mordor, instead of a right, they take a hard left and end up in Vietnam.

Just... just don't watch the Amazon series since they butchered it. Badly...

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes