ontach

Apr 8, 2018
- Initial load times are long, on some laptops.
This happens right after the Unity splash screen and before the "Profile manangement" screen.
It looks like it hangs, but given time (up to three minutes on the laptop I tested it on), it will kick into action.
Once inside the game should run smoothly.
For the users: One good trick is to open Task Manager and look at how much memory the game exe is using. This value will slowly increase as the game loading progresses, and then you'll see the game window appear.
If you see two or more entries for the game exe in task manager, see which one's memory usage is increasing and kill the others, or just kill them all and relaunch the game.

Reactions: filochard

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Good morning.
Having coffee, and a lot of it.

@lockhear I hear you, and that was one of the reasons that I had to chose another asset with a persistent save game system. From here on out saves should work.

The profile system is there to enable you to help you not mess up your saves. An example of this would be, to create a profile for a play-through were you focus on mom. When you reach the end, you want to see what's going on with Nathalie, and you then create a profile for her. That way you will always know which saves belong to which path.
I hope I make sense here. Still early.

@sabbathfun I try to listen to criticism, but having raised three kids, I'm usually deaf when it comes to complaints, gripes, bitching ... the whole teenage syndrom really ;)
That being said, if there are genuine concerns, like the previous save system, then it needs to be resolved asap. Which is now :)

Anyways ... I tried to build a Mac OSX version and I got to test it yesterday. It works on the machine I tested it on, so you should be fine.

On the loooong load times at "pre profile management", my developer is looking into another way of loading the game, but there is no eta on figuring out, what to do about it.

Back to working on 0.05. There really is no rest for the wicked.

Cheers and thanks for playing - Kaffekop

lockhear

Engaged Member
Oct 10, 2017
The game behaves very strange when you choose one screen resolution in the starting window and another (different one) inside game menu. It is almost impossible to choose the right resolution afterwards. All resolutions are mixed up from that moment, does not matter what do you select. And selection screen with profiles - you cant click the profile names in top rows since then.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Some observations, @Kaffekop.

• You should note that not a single other Unity fap game uses profiles for its saves. Doesn't hurt anything but it is a degree of difficulty further than simply enabling the naming of your individual saves.
  • I think something glitched when I met the older black woman and her son. He appeared to be polite and apologetic but everyone reacted like he was going to murder me. I was rapid fire clicking to get past the chapter 1 stuff, though, so who knows.
  • Second time in the library, Mack and library girl discuss a meeting with the book shop owner that never occurred, as I decided to give the blond bimbo a ride home the day prior.
  • When Short Haired neighbor lady makes a booty call during the final day, choosing to stay home causes the game to hang. I double checked this one and can provide a save if you need one.
  • I got the headless father vision scene when Mack faints after wanting to drown Dylan. Is that supposed to happen there now? It was somewhere else the last release.
  • This is petty but totally annoying: it is the 18th or the 21st, not the 18'th or the 21'st.
  • You've got a stats display where the stats do not change during the entire play through. You probably added that when ambitions weren't tempered by reality. Unless you are still planning on tracking three states for 12+ NPCs, you should probably just scrap it.
  • Was the "Sisters go clubbing" thing supposed to go anywhere? Mack just goes to bed and makes mention to the brunette sister about a hangover. Did I miss something or was that it?
I can't remember everything from the earlier releases but it seems like you opened things up a bit in the early portions of the game. If that's the case, it is definitely welcome. It is obvious you did a shitload of work on this update, as there has been a ton of text and other scenes added.

I like the game quite a bit and am always pleasantly surprised when I see it updated. It's got kind of the scope of Dreams of Desire with the earnestness of Ethan's Legacy. Good luck going forward.

U

User_10739

I said no to the cougar cause I really only care about Nat yet the game assumes that I had sex with her and got beat up by some twat hacker wannabe, when none of these things happened cause I have no interest in that old hag and chose to turn her down... wtf?

Hmmm... turned down Marsha again, Mom asks me where I've been and I tell her I was helping Marsha with her computer. Uhhh... No I wasn't!

Other than that, great update. (But please give me Nat...)

jsarah

May 31, 2017
Good morning.
Having coffee, and a lot of it.

Anyways ... I tried to build a Mac OSX version and I got to test it yesterday. It works on the machine I tested it on, so you should be fine.
Cheers and thanks for playing - Kaffekop
Mac Version doesn't work for me...

nickmray

Jan 8, 2017
woof for a visual novel, this game put my external fan into overdrive from starting up, it seemed to get better after the profile screen but i mean i can play full games and this vn took my lap top to 50 deg celsius... good tho just wish it almost didnt set my laptop on fire lol

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
no old saves do not work it has been stated in a previous post. With the moaning and whining like normal

Reactions: filochard
4.10 star(s) 66 Votes