bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Are you running a game that's had the rpas unpacked, or a clean game? I dropped it into a clean game and got labels multiply defined errors. I ran unren to unpack the rpas, then dropped your fixed day29.rpy in and it worked.

Theory - Ren'Py treats a .rpy/.rpyc outside a .rpa and the same file inside a .rpa as different files and loads both.
It loads the .rpy files in alphabetical order, so whenever you have something you wish to load last (to overwrite existing code) throw a couple z in front of it. eg. zzday29.rpy
Not sure what would happen if both .rpy's had the same name, one packaged and one not.

Reactions: wurg

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I made a copy of the game and used that to extract and modify the file, and then placed the modified file into the game folder of the original game. It worked for me without causing an error.
When simply placing your hotfix in the game folder, without having unpacked the rpas, I get the same error as @goobdoob.

After quitting & restarting the game as @DeUglyOne suggested, the game works without throwing any errors however.

I notice an additional day29.rpyc appears within the game folder after first running the game with the hotfix installed, which is presumably the cause of the "defined twice" errors. Decompiling this day29.rpyc shows it contains your hotfix, so Ren'Py/UnRen is automatically creating a rpyc version from your rpy for some reason?

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
When simply placing your hotfix in the game folder, without having unpacked the rpas, I get the same error as @goobdoob.

After quitting & restarting the game as @DeUglyOne suggested, the game works without throwing any errors however.

I notice an additional day29.rpyc appears within the game folder after first running the game with the hotfix installed, which is presumably the cause of the "defined twice" errors. Decompiling this day29.rpyc shows it contains your hotfix, so Ren'Py/UnRen is automatically creating a rpyc version from your rpy for some reason?
I'm not going to pretend I am well versed in Renpy, but in my experience the game or game engine itself creates the .rpyc file whenever it starts. You can test this on a game that Unren hasn't touched, delete the .rpyc and then relaunch the game, it will create the .rpyc. My only guess is this would be like your computer converting the text on this screen to machine language so that the computer can understand what it means. The Renpy engine may be doing the same thing. I'm going to change the file to what @bigguy_foryou said so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Here is a link about files.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Quitting and restarting doesn't fix it for me, but you could say I know a thing about UnRen, so it's all good for me. :)

The .rpyc is not the cause of the error. Since other people aren't seeing it, I think it might be a Mac engine vs PC engine issue. Ren'Py has had pathname issues in the past that show up on Mac/Linux but not on Windows, or vice versa. Maybe this is one of those.

I'm not going to pretend I am well versed in Renpy, but in my experience the game or game engine itself creates the .rpyc file whenever it starts. You can test this on a game that Unren hasn't touched, delete the .rpyc and then relaunch the game, it will create the .rpyc. My only guess is this would be like your computer converting the text on this screen to machine language so that the computer can understand what it means. The Renpy engine may be doing the same thing. I'm going to change the file to what @bigguy_foryou said so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Here is a link about files.
The game automatically creates the .rpyc file every time it's run if the .rpy is newer than the .rpyc, or the .rpyc doesn't exist. The .rpyc is already in the .rpa, so those don't get created.

More info from renpy.org:
Obfuscating the script is practically automatic. Every time the game runs, any .rpy file in the game directory is written out as an .rpyc file. These .rpyc files are enough to run the game, so simply running the game once (to create the .rpyc files) and then deleting (or more appropriately, moving away) the .rpy files will leave you with a runnable game with an obfuscated script. As a bonus, the .rpyc files are already parsed, improving game load time. (If a directory contains .rpy and .rpyc files with the same stem, the newer one of them is chosen, meaning all games get this performance improvement.)

zh

Oct 17, 2017
I heard the last update was bugged.
The update was released 1 week ago... I was waiting for an "official" fix to play (because sometime the unofficial hotfix screw with the saves... can't use saves next update for exemple).

c'mon... 1 week and still no "official" fix ?

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I heard the last update was bugged.
The update was released 1 week ago... I was waiting for an "official" fix to play (because sometime the unofficial hotfix screw with the saves... can't use saves next update for exemple).

c'mon... 1 week and still no "official" fix ?
@Perverteer already looked at the Hotfix I made and commented on it, all it is was adding one line the code for a jump statement so that you could get the scene, that is it, it will not effect any future game play, no new variables were created that Perverteer will not use in the next update and breaks the save. Restructuring the code and adding variables that weren't in the last update is what breaks the save. If you want to see what Perverteer said about go here:

Reactions: WaltS and UncleVT
Oct 25, 2018
So the First play through I did the dom/sub/respect route with Bella and Rachel was by far my favorite girl. So fast forward to now playing through the Bella route again but this time the romance route, I like her character so much more and can't decide who I like more now. So long story short I don't know about you guys but I'm going full steam ahead towards the Bella/Rachel Harem route lol.

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
Ok, first I will say I'm really enjoying the game. Now that that is out of the way, I have to say, the person that wrote the bowling part does not understand how the game works. At no point in time does a single person bowl 4 times in a row. The only time a person would bowl three times in a row is on the final frame and only if they either bowl the first two strikes or get the spare.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
It's just a fictional Novel in a fictional Universe. Enjoy the show and stop complaining about nonsense. ;):):cool:

Reactions: HavokXN7

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Next time Rachel will come to accept that you love them both equally and will be OK with all three of you dating each other. Then she'll be killed by a crazy ex for "story purposes", before you get to have a threesome.

Yeah if I'm honest, I still have to finish that game. Because that was just ridiculous. It's like he just wanted to take the game down a path of depression with broken brakes. At a point it became cliche it was so overdone.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Yeah if I'm honest, I still have to finish that game. Because that was just ridiculous. It's like he just wanted to take the game down a path of depression with broken brakes. At a point it became cliche it was so overdone.
I cancelled my Patreon with him and stopped playing at the "who to save" choice. I don't mind story, but I really prefer that my sex games aren't depressing. Kind of defeats the purpose.

4.50 star(s) 329 Votes