BillT52

May 6, 2018
I wonder, is Patreon now going after devs for allowing the de-censoring patches on Lewdpatcher? I hope not.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
The problem with figuring out what the people behind the curtain at Patreon want is that sometimes these are "blanket" suspensions. They hit a bunch of accounts at once and then take time to actually contact each account to let them know what triggered the suspension (if valid at all).

So, it's as much the delay as the uncertainty that creates the trouble "fixing" the issue.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
The problem with figuring out what the people behind the curtain at Patreon want is that sometimes these are "blanket" suspensions. They hit a bunch of accounts at once and then take time to actually contact each account to let them know what triggered the suspension (if valid at all).

So, it's as much the delay as the uncertainty that creates the trouble "fixing" the issue.
That Steam renig I mentioned a few posts up ... it specifically mentioned that bans and suspensions were done on a case-by-case basis under human review from start to finish. That was causing problems and misunderstandings about what their guidelines were. It's implied that the people they hired to do that stuff were ... taking liberties. Which was obvious. Point being, I guarantee Patreon is the same. Patreon's guidelines are more over-reaching so more content falls under that umbrella, regardless of how hazy the connection is. All you need is a hardcore christian or feminist reviewing your case to find some sort of connection. And you're fucked.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Patreon only polices what is available on their platform.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Monitoring games that are on their site? Sure, that's part of the policing process. They don't, however, police mods or patches because those are not on their site and therefore do not constitute legal risk.

Reactions: bobbo69

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
All you need is a hardcore christian or feminist reviewing your case to find some sort of connection. And you're fucked.
Or even just an over-eager cubicle cubicle monkey who thinks their boss will like their extra "efforts." I can imagine lots of scenarios where the personal prejudices of the reviewer are totally irrelevant--their goal is to simply climb the corporate ladder, and they think "being tough" is a way to get a good review from their manager.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Sometimes, it's not even that. I've been enlightened to the fact that there are just malicious jerks out there who, for "fun", like to screw with developers by reporting their pages.

Reactions: Centurion

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Sometimes, it's not even that. I been enlightened to the fact that there are just malicious jerks out there who, for "fun", like to screw with developers by reporting their pages.
Like jealous competitors or outright trolls who enjoy ruining the joys of other people.

Reactions: Centurion

Heresi

May 26, 2018
The problem with figuring out what the people behind the curtain at Patreon want is that sometimes these are "blanket" suspensions.
I suspect so. I got a message from another artist I support saying he was suspended, only an hour and a few minutes after Perverteer's.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
there are competitors for patreon but those aren't that well known besides kickstarter (dunno what's their policy for adult games).

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
there are competitors for patreon but those aren't that well known besides kickstarter (dunno what's their policy for adult games).
When all this happened last year, people suspected that it was Patreon's partnership with Paypal that 'required' Patreon to change its standards. But, I just don't buy that. Why sacrifice that much money just to support Paypal when VISA, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, and crypto all support direct transactions with no strings attached (I believe Amazon checkout does, as well). The consumer really doesn't give a shit over such a minor convenience. I only use Paypal to send money to relatives. It's pretty obvious Patreon is just a bunch of moral zealots.

There may be some legal reason. Such as a binding contract between Patreon and Paypal that Patreon's lawyers didn't bother reading. Like, it didn't allow adult content and that required them to change their policies because the penalty for breaking the contract was worse. But we'll never know.

Either way, Patreon is a bunch of boobs at business. Remember when they tried to charge subscribers more last year, then rolled back the change 2 weeks later because creators were furious at losing 50+% of their subs? I never did re-subscribe to about a dozen creators because boycotting that flub gave me a chance to audit my supported projects. The hard part for creators is getting subs (subscribers can easily ignore recurring payments once set up) and Patreon cost its creators millions of dollars in lost subs. I can't believe they survived that shit.

Reactions: Catwashere

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
dr amana dev said patreon complained on the fact that girls were semi naked on his page, maybe this is it, if I recall correctly the tier pictures were the sisters naked covering each other

would be very weird for patreon to go after third party patches as well as they can't correlate them to the dev

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
ccbill (f. e. mnfgames gets funds that way) said no to incest too and mnfgames stopped doing incest related games.

tuskedkibbles

Mar 27, 2018
So I got completely blindsided by this update. The whole mom thing has never really been my thing (no problem with it for everyone else who's into that, to each their own lol) so I just ignored her content the entire game, I essentially didn't talk to her at all, didn't do the business quest stuff, etc. So in the newest update when my dude who hasn't spoken more than a handful of sentences to her, none of which were even slightly suggestive is suddenly thrown into some half naked adventure that implies I've been sticking to the mother-son line the entire game I was a little surprised. Was this an oversight or whats going on? Creator is the creator so do as you will with your own vision, but it made absolutely no sense whatsoever in my run and was really out of place and awkward. I get that making multiple branching paths is a pain in the ass but I would like to know if that part is going to be forced in regardless of my choices previously. Excellent work thus far, just not a big fan of that part of this update, at least not with how I'm playing.

Reactions: smnb and a1fox3

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
There may be some legal reason. Such as a binding contract between Patreon and Paypal that Patreon's lawyers didn't bother reading. Like, it didn't allow adult content and that required them to change their policies because the penalty for breaking the contract was worse. But we'll never know.
While not a good reason to ban games, a fair bet is that Patreon's recent attitude change might be because of the recently-passed SESTA law that makes it illegal to abet sex trafficking. That would explain their camming bans and the general timing of the crackdown.

4.50 star(s) 329 Votes