BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
Anyone here know how to get saves to work on windows 10?
Isn't giving me the option to save.
swf.exe is the only one that works on my PC.
A image tutorial or something would be nice.

I have the flash player set to add saves and cookies should be enabled unless i am missing something.
Instructions via text aren't doing it for me even though it should be simple to understand, however i am a visual learner and text doesn't always work for me like in this instance.

Wish the saves could just go to where i have the game installed instead of cluttering up my %appdata% thing as i like files to be easy to find and organized.

May 29, 2017
If I remember correctly, Slave Maker was coded in Actionscript 2.
You are not allowed to choose a specific save-folder with Actionscript 2. Only Actionscript 3 can do that.
With AS2 the save files go automatically in the "%appdata%" folder, no matter what.

If you use CCleaner, try the "Exceptions" option to "protect" your save files, or else you'll lose them.

rukasu01

Apr 7, 2019
Wouldn't it be nice if this whole game was re-imagined with UE5? Instead of using copyrighted material, characters would be auto generated, and the whole world would be 3D... I know fuckall about programming, but it would seem like a fun way to learn and carry on the legend.

Reactions: Rexaureus

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
If I remember correctly, Slave Maker was coded in Actionscript 2.
You are not allowed to choose a specific save-folder with Actionscript 2. Only Actionscript 3 can do that.
With AS2 the save files go automatically in the "%appdata%" folder, no matter what.

If you use CCleaner, try the "Exceptions" option to "protect" your save files, or else you'll lose them.
What is CCleaner?

Doesn't even give me the option to save or change storage space.
1646283465012.png

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
What is CCleaner?

Doesn't even give me the option to save or change storage space.
View attachment 1683710

It has been a really long time , but I seem to recall having to take ownership of the App data folders so flash games would work right or it may be windows security function preventing you from saving. The issue is not with the game I am pretty certain of that.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
It has been a really long time , but I seem to recall having to take ownership of the App data folders so flash games would work right or it may be windows security function preventing you from saving. The issue is not with the game I am pretty certain of that.
I don't actually know how to do that to be honest.
Never played this game before but from the sounds of it, it's up my ally for what i look for.

Far as i am aware my windows security is disabled at the moment given my AV does the same which having two softwares conflicting doesn't help with performance much.
Then again i'm not very computer savy either.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I don't actually know how to do that to be honest.
Never played this game before but from the sounds of it, it's up my ally for what i look for.

Far as i am aware my windows security is disabled at the moment given my AV does the same which having two softwares conflicting doesn't help with performance much.
Then again i'm not very computer savy either.

The other possibility is that you have something in your flash players global settings that is not configured right, if you right click in the game and select global settings you will see Local storage settings by site , click on that and you should see under website "local" click on that and make sure it says allow.

Below may not be needed I am going from memory and that is 8 years ago. I know I had some issues with these two things but I can't exactly remember if it affected Flash.
Its not your AV windows has another program that can interfere but I can't recall what it is. As far as taking ownership of your folders there are help faq's on microsofts web site it is not super hard but if you don't know what you are doing it can be difficult It has been ages since I ran through it there is no way I can walk you through it. I kind of doubt that is it though. Win 7. that was the last time I tried the taking ownership thing I don't know how to do it on Win 10 or if it is even needed.

Last edited:

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
The other possibility is that you have something in your flash players global settings that is not configured right, if you right click in the game and select global settings you will see Local storage settings by site , click on that and you should see under website "local" click on that and make sure it says allow.

Below may not be needed I am going from memory and that is 8 years ago. I know I had some issues with these two things but I can't exactly remember if it affected Flash.
Its not your AV windows has another program that can interfere but I can't recall what it is. As far as taking ownership of your folders there are help faq's on microsofts web site it is not super hard but if you don't know what you are doing it can be difficult It has been ages since I ran through it there is no way I can walk you through it. I kind of doubt that is it though. Win 7. that was the last time I tried the taking ownership thing I don't know how to do it on Win 10 or if it is even needed.
On Windows 10 and only one that opens is the .swf file
HTML on tells me the plug-in isn't supported which i have run HTML games without issue before.
I can't even find Adobe on my PC and the site for current version is EOL
Right clicking doesn't give me that option. Edit: Alright i was right clicking the wrong thing, the EOL makes it pointless however. At least from what i have figured.

Last edited:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
On Windows 10 and only one that opens is the .swf file
HTML on tells me the plug-in isn't supported which i have run HTML games without issue before.
I can't even find Adobe on my PC and the site for current version is EOL
Right clicking doesn't give me that option. Edit: Alright i was right clicking the wrong thing, the EOL makes it pointless however. At least from what i have figured.

I sent you a private message I will try and help you there.

Zeromus

Oct 21, 2017
Rukia Slave (from Bleach)

Marinette Assistant (from Miraculous Ladybug)

Reactions: TheNightWalker

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
I mean coding wise. Puppy training has not been fixed, but there must be some differences because my save game from the final official Cmac release bugs out when trying to select a new slave in the discord version.
That's not what i meant... do you see a discord version here?
Sorry can't help...

jamsc13

Aug 22, 2019
Im stuck at the pick your slaves screen, not of their pictures load and the list is empty, not sure how to fix it

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes