The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
muschi26 - Just to keep fans that do not hang out in my discord, apprized of the SB:C knowledge, the avatar will actually be very different. So, waaaaaay back 8 years ago when I was making Slugs and Bugs: Invasion, I had some idea about a lot of the Anaxverse, but over time it grew as I produced content. One thing about SB:C is that it is wildly noncanonical. I should let you know that some of the creatures are actually from different factions and will appear in novels but not as infectulons (I just needed variety here.) For example the current Avatar, Minders, and Indoctrinators will all be Phorcythian demons in the "Cult of the Deep: Stormbound" novel. The plant creature Arkoss, is actually one of the Thorned faction and will appear in the "Throne of Thorns: Rose's Requiem". I don't know why I felt like letting everyone here know this, but wanted to.

As an aside, remind me on the final release, and maybe I can add this red avatar of SB:C to the breeding chamber and have it produce minders. Will mull it over. Also here is what the overmaster avatar will look like in Faction games and the SB:I redux novel:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
I enjoy what is here, but some suggestions:

Expand: As it stands, this game has one scene per character per chamber per level of infection. While that is a fair number of scenes, it's not enough to really show the corruption and to have it feel believable - not to mention it is boring to just see those scenes and then grind one over and over until ready for next level

It's a lot of work, and your focus is probably getting all the base characters through infection, but I think you need to add a lot of smaller steps in the process to slowly, but not grindily, increase corruption.

Variety: I think you need to add a lot more variety to each character and how they are corrupted. You have some flavor, but not much. Focus more on each characters personal background in corruption, and use it.
***It might also be cool to give us options on how to corrupt them. Let us chose the colors, their shape, ect. That might be too much work tho***

For example - The super hero, you could have her somehow twist her ideal. Maybe when high she hurts a human. Feeding into her instability. Or have her at higher levels be in the field seeing humans butchering the infected - triggering her sense of justice, but coming to the aid of the infected. Just a few examples, and similar exist for each character. This would have the benefit of adding variety to a grindy game, and also greatly expanding on what you have.

Difficulty: This is not difficult. Not even a little. hard mode just felt like grind mode. I was hoping difficulty would mean needing to try different things to corrupt, or min-maxing infected to breed while under attack, or both.

Story: You have a great opening. One that makes me interested in the world and characters. And then we see nothing of it. This connects to what I said above, but you are missing some great chances to involve the women with the wider world as the are corrupted.

Continue the story you started. Make check points with events, story progression, ect.

End of the line, these are just suggestions and they all mean a lot of work. I liked what you have. But it was very grindy and a little surface level. It reminds me on all slave trainer games in that way. Most just have one training loop and never add to it. And if they do, it's just by adding more women to be trained, not by making more depth.

I'm not nearly as much a dev as you though. Not even released my demo yet. So take it as this is, suggestions of a fan who liked what you put out and wants it to be a lot more.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
kgirlffx - Unofrtunately, none of that will be into this title, since it is based on all the Anaxverse novels and characters but not able to have story as in-depth as the novels. As you know, most Daz 3d artists like myself that make these games, often do not have even 500 renders in an entire game. I think this one is currently at over 8,000. So, we're probably looking 20,000+ hours spend in the modelling alone, to make it more complicated would add years (maybe a even decades) to do, so I think I give enough diversity for now with 400 renders or so per woman (in other words just one one woman I have more renders than many entire games have for their entire content).

I always appreciate feedback, but I am not one of those devs that seem to sort of perpetually milk patrons indefinitely, and I am looking forward to having this entire project fully wrapped up and finished in 6 months or so. Then I can just focus on my Renpy novels that this game is based on, which is a lot more fun for me.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
kgirlffx - Unofrtunately, none of that will be into this title, since it is based on all the Anaxverse novels and characters but not able to have story as in-depth as the novels. As you know, most Daz 3d artists like myself that make these games, often do not have even 500 renders in an entire game. I think this one is currently at over 8,000. So, we're probably looking 20,000+ hours spend in the modelling alone, to make it more complicated would add years (maybe a even decades) to do, so I think I give enough diversity for now with 400 renders or so per woman (in other words just one one woman I have more renders than many entire games have for their entire content).

I always appreciate feedback, but I am not one of those devs that seem to sort of perpetually milk patrons indefinitely, and I am looking forward to having this entire project fully wrapped up and finished in 6 months or so. Then I can just focus on my Renpy novels that this game is based on, which is a lot more fun for me.
That's understandable. It is also wise to understand the scope of what you want to do and to follow through with that. It makes me a bit sad as I enjoy the trainer genre and none seem to go the full distance, but I think what you say makes a lot of sense for side project.

With that in mind, the only actionable suggestion within your scope I would suggest is to find a way to make it less grindy. I'd prefer a short game with great scenes than a long one that makes me repeat scenes over and over to fill a gauge. That might be a product of having selected hard though, maybe the balancing is just not done yet.

It felt a bit odd that I could basically max out a level or corruption on every available character in a single day by just repeating the action and holding control to skip through seen content super fast.

Maybe just require fewer training sessions per character, but limit the player to only 2 sessions total a day, and tune the end of day fights with that in mind? That alone would make each session feel impactful, would give the illusion of more variety, and it would make it so the fight mechanic happens more often so we can explore the cooler monsters and such.

Just a suggestion. Thanks for listening. Stumbled on this today and has me curios of your other work. So I'll check that out.

Tnx

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
kgirlffx - So, to sort of cover these for you:

In the finished release (not this alpha one) the player can only send each girl to a chamber once a day. In other words, you cannot max things out (without a cheat), in a single day. Then you have to end turn and send them back out another day. This is because this is an alpha, and I need people to be able to test things without the limitations currently.

As far as grind, in the Preferences Menu, you can make it as grindy or as fast as you, yourself, want it to be. You can control how many default visits it takes per level of conversion. So, basically, you could set it to 1 visit and instantly leap between conversions in no time, or set it to max and have it takes hours. Up to the player how grindy they want, but I have it set to what the default will be in the final release.

Reactions: dunlop1

Omerosan

Oct 25, 2022
When the rest three female characters will be available? Who will be the first one or do you plan to make them playable all together with next update?

Reactions: Kane_Freeman

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
When the rest three female characters will be available? Who will be the first one or do you plan to make them playable all together with next update?
My investors vote to decide the order. Rose is currently finished but for investors only at the moment. And, Amelia won the last poll, so she will be the next person that I create. Once all of her stuff is done, which I will start doing after I finish the current giggle night release, then when Amelia's update goes live to my patrons, Rose will be posted here for the freebies.

guanciale

Aug 30, 2021
This is a really great game ! Lots of fun with all the creatures and very good morphing stages....
But one thing i find a bit disappointing: everything looks rather dry than "squicky"....theres no slime, humidity, moisture,
wetness, body fluids and the like.
Whitch is actually a big part of "squick" as i understand it.
But thats just a matter of personal preference, the game is still great !
THX to devs and uploaders !

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
You're welcome! Glad that you like it! Yes, squick can definitely include slime (like the slugged slaves in my novel, SB:I), but it's generally used to describe biological mind control that happens via creatures or means that most people find gross or disgusting. That grossness is precisely what makes it hot lol. Like in my CoC:TS novel. Anyway, glad to have a new fan!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Jesus Christ the wait for the next expansion is getting bad for me.
It is coming! I have the new content already underway. If you want to see a preview I have one in my spoilers channel on my Discord. So it's coming and this time I don't have to redo all the stuff I did last time so it should be much faster.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017

Fans, for SBC, I have been looking at additions and such that I have wanted to add, but that were not yet priority. One of these things is upgrades for the player's units, which would be upgraded via the Barracks Chamber- so let me know your ideas!

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes