Jun 1, 2017
The Prisoner is at this point as close to lost media as one can get without being lost yet. Last time I've checked it wasn't on any streaming platforms, a release on Blueray is out there but not available in shops, there is 1 (one!) torrent with a few seeds and that's it. I only know of it's existence because of Iron Maiden.
Since you wrote this, The Prisoner has become available in HD on virtually all the ad-supported streaming services. The one I recommend (for the fewest commercials) is Tubi, if available in your area. Currently watching it myself with my daughter. Very highly recommended.

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
Since you wrote this, The Prisoner has become available in HD on virtually all the ad-supported streaming services. The one I recommend (for the fewest commercials) is Tubi, if available in your area. Currently watching it myself with my daughter. Very highly recommended.
Wow, I didn't know I'd make that much of an impact. Good job me, I guess :D
I wonder what's next. People listening to Pere Ubu or maybe finally identifying the band behind The Most Mysterious Song on The Intermet?

• Wow
Reactions: LTD and L7Bear
Jun 1, 2017
Wow, I didn't know I'd make that much of an impact. Good job me, I guess :D
I wonder what's next. People listening to Pere Ubu or maybe finally identifying the band behind The Most Mysterious Song on The Intermet?
Oh sorry. I may have misled you. I've been a huge Prisoner fan for about 35 years now. I was just telling you that the show is available for you to watch now - should you wish to do so (and that I very highly recommend doing so although the show is not for everyone).

Skyhighatrist

Mar 7, 2020
Thx for the bug report. Will see what I can do about it.
I was able to resolve the issue in the plot editor. On the indicated node there's a tab in front of the if expression. There's another error on shirt_3 a couple of nodes later where there's a "-" at the end of the if expression. I didn't find any other errors on that path once I fixed those two. I can upload the exported plot.txt file if anyone wants it, but I imagine you'll have no problem tracking it down and fixing it.

ColonelWanker

Jan 30, 2020
After meeting the principal at the maid bar, this happens when I click on any of the locations and the only way to continue is to use the teleport home cheat
Untitled.png

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
Also got the above error and had to resolve the same way.

It'd be cool if there was a free play continuation at the end of the currently implemented storyline. It'd be nice to effectively freeze time and be able to continue working and exploring instead of getting hit with a "to be continued" game over.

On the whole though, it's a fun game and better than I was expecting (please don't take offense at that, my expectations for HTML games are low! This and Masters of Raana are about the only good ones I've played). I'm also a fan of the unique art style.

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
ColonelWanker or Crel - do you have a save file I could look at with that bug? If not - can you tell me how did the cafe meeting go? I'm guessing you went dressed as a maid and left dressed in rope - but if that's not it, I've no idea what went wrong and a save would be very helpful.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
The update said "Ben's Bad End" so I thought it meant it was a game over state. I didn't realize the game just keeps going regardless. Does the game differ significantly depending on if Ben survives or not?

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
The update said "Ben's Bad End" so I thought it meant it was a game over state. I didn't realize the game just keeps going regardless. Does the game differ significantly depending on if Ben survives or not?
At the moment - no. There are a few random-ish school events a that won't trigger. There's a (bus) trip to the park with some exhibition and a visit to the slums with some prostitution where Ben needs to be present. In one scene he's replaced by Generic Student #1.

Getting Ben out of jail is a fun sub-plot that you won't see if you ignore his phone call... on the other hand the sub-plot where we finally gets out of jail without your help is also interesting.

Ben is the one getting the Bad End. I hinted a few times that he's designed to act like a main character of a male protagonist game ;)

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
ColonelWanker or Crel - do you have a save file I could look at with that bug? If not - can you tell me how did the cafe meeting go? I'm guessing you went dressed as a maid and left dressed in rope - but if that's not it, I've no idea what went wrong and a save would be very helpful.
Unfortunately I don't have a save around there. I wore the white dress they give you to the meeting, then ended up in ropes of course. Tried to wear them home, got the blank map. Rolled it back to previous choice and tried changing back to the dress, but still got the same error.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
Getting Ben out of jail is a fun sub-plot that you won't see if you ignore his phone call... on the other hand the sub-plot where we finally gets out of jail without your help is also interesting.
I agree. I think the most interesting outcome from the bad end is the interaction between Zuza and Jeff, I would honestly love to see that continued.

FlashofSilver

May 5, 2019
I have the bug that the others mentioned, and have this save for you - saved at exactly the right time.

Reactions: Crel

LTD

Jul 30, 2017
You can wiggle out of most of it. If you leave him to rot in jail (on Monday, day 7), he will only make one more brief appearance and he'll be gone forever.
I haven't had the chance to check the possible outcomes here (that whole week to see what happens with Ben if you leave him there is a lot to go through each time), but I do hope that only one possibility? I think it's great for the people who want to be rid of him, but my tastes make it so that I'm much more interested in a pissed off and vengeful Ben.

If that's not what Shark wants to do in this game that's cool, but I figured I'd ask.

Reactions: Tenstorm

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
I have the bug that the others mentioned, and have this save for you - saved at exactly the right time.
Fixed in the dev branch.

Manual quick fix:
1. Click on the options hamburger in the top left corner
2. Click MODS
3. Scroll to the top of the page and in the field labeled as Python Console paste in remove_tce() and click 'exec'
4. Paste set_time_of_day(TIME.EVENING) into the console next and click 'exec' again
*5. If you are stuck on the map with no icons paste into the console show_map()

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
Is the cheerleader outfit supposed to be unavailable from day 14 onward? I can't select the cheerleader clothes anymore when dressing in the morning.

4.50 star(s) 68 Votes