HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
just cinfirming, Abella's 2nd night visit is still broken right?
abella.png
Just in a different way xD

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
It's been a while since I playtested down that path so can't say whether anything got broken since. I doubt bug fixing Karlee's phone charging bugs would have broken things over here, and that's the latest updates on the intertwined paths.

Also it looks like F95 FINALLY got their email notification act together after several weeks of outage. So I'm back on my primary again.

View attachment 1516337

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
It's a standard Twine/Sugarcube story so you can just go into the javascript console in your browser and look at the SugarCube.State.variables. I posted back towards the beginning of this thread about how to cheat charge.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
It seems the variable for how the MC refers to India has changed from $Mom to $iMom; I had to set the new variable manually in the console when loading a save (possibly re-setting the names/relationships through the menu would do the same thing).

One of the events when using the app on Romi at the clothes store (where she's rude to a plus-sized customer) still removes the entire charge and doesn't give any attunement.
I added the $iMom variable in 0.4 to make the game read better for people that change the default relationships. You can reset all the names/relationships in the game from the stats menu.

Thanks for catching that I have it fixed in the 0.6 update.

It's save 5
Thanks for the save. I used it to finally (I hope) find the problem with that event. It will be fixed for the 0.6 release.

View attachment 1516337
Thanks for pointing this out. When I saw this I was like, there must be some crazy bug causing it to duplicate. Nope! I just forgot to delete the if statement on the other floors when I copy pasted.

I have 0.6 out with the $10 tier on subscribestar at the moment. I added a new system that will allow you to generate passive charge at night once you progress with the hacker character. Once I hear back from them I'll do a wide release for it. Probably a week or so, depending on how many bugs crop up.

Reactions: gregers

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Ok, wanted to report a few issues I have with the game after this update. I am using an old save from two versions ago. Nothing really seems too bad, but a few things I've seen. I've completed the stuff for Karlee and Abella and during that time I noticed that they were calling me roommate (even though I'm her brother) and they kept using, I think, the generic name of Jacob instead of the name I choose in the beginning. I don't remember where, but for that part of the quest, it seemed like some of the images/videos were missing, as I got that little picture box that represents something is supposed to be there, but is missing.

I don't remember reading (although I did just skim through it with each new version), but I don't remember hearing about the warehouse and Katerina, I just kind of found it by accident. Also, the image for the warehouse is also not showing up when you get onto the bus (seems to be the only way of seeing the warehouse option, which is probably why I didn't notice it until now).

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
Is the new helloclitty contents broken? I hired her over 10 times but nothing happens.

People/Karlee/Story/1/SoreHole.gif is missing from the update only download

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I got it to activate when playtesting. You should get a scene where she comes on your PC to talk about how the campus security software got triggered by all of the network activity. That gets you invited to her house to talk about putting together your own servers. You will need $700 for the first one if I remember right. The scene may not trigger until you get the spare cash.

Is the new helloclitty contents broken? I hired her over 10 times but nothing happens.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
I got it to activate when playtesting. You should get a scene where she comes on your PC to talk about how the campus security software got triggered by all of the network activity. That gets you invited to her house to talk about putting together your own servers. You will need $700 for the first one if I remember right. The scene may not trigger until you get the spare cash.
tried setting the hired counter to 5, it reverted back to null after hiring her again

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Ok, wanted to report a few issues I have with the game after this update. I am using an old save from two versions ago. Nothing really seems too bad, but a few things I've seen. I've completed the stuff for Karlee and Abella and during that time I noticed that they were calling me roommate (even though I'm her brother) and they kept using, I think, the generic name of Jacob instead of the name I choose in the beginning. I don't remember where, but for that part of the quest, it seemed like some of the images/videos were missing, as I got that little picture box that represents something is supposed to be there, but is missing.

I don't remember reading (although I did just skim through it with each new version), but I don't remember hearing about the warehouse and Katerina, I just kind of found it by accident. Also, the image for the warehouse is also not showing up when you get onto the bus (seems to be the only way of seeing the warehouse option, which is probably why I didn't notice it until now).
A couple of versions ago i changed how some of the naming in the game works. If you go to the stats page, there is an option to reset character names/relationships. That should hopefully fix the problem.

Did you download the "All" folder or just the update? The all folder has the warehouse image in it.

Are you playing off an old save? I forgot to add it to the front page that fresh saves are needed to get her content to run properly. I've messaged a mod to add a "new save needed" message to the front page.

If you want to try continuing from your current save you could try setting $maxCharge to 5 set $freelancer to 0 and $hackStory to 0. then try leveling your coding to 6, next time you try to charge she should pop. That might work?

If not it'll need to be a new save. Sorry for the lack of clarity. I mentioned it on my subscribestar posts but forgot I didn't say it here.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Man I am not at all down with this relationship between Karlee and Abella.
Yeah, I've noticed that some people aren't. I never really thought of it as sharing if you're using Karlee to get your hooks in Abella, but some people seem to. Just a taste thing I guess.

Out of curiosoty, can you articulate what it is about it that's rubbing you wrong? It would be worth knowing for future arcs. Thanks

neodav

Nov 13, 2017
Is anybody else getting stuck on Romi? She's at the stage where she's at the Hangar morning and afternoon, and is flashing her underwear in the evening. I can't be sure of the exact stage, because the Stats screen is incorrectly showing her at Attunement Level 0. When I use the Talk To Her option in the Hangar, it provides no dialogue, indicates that her progress is at 100% (it's not, and I never even got a chance to attune to her), and eats the time chunk, with nothing else happening.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Out of curiosoty, can you articulate what it is about it that's rubbing you wrong? It would be worth knowing for future arcs. Thanks
Obviously there's some room for play here given the current end of content, but at least a few pages earlier it sure sounded like Karlee would primarily be in a relationship with Abella and you'd be her/their side piece, which I'm not interested in. The only form of this three way relationship I personally would be interested in would be one where Abella is the side piece and knows it, is even grateful for the opportunity she never would have had with Karlee otherwise.

Yeah, I've noticed that some people aren't. I never really thought of it as sharing if you're using Karlee to get your hooks in Abella, but some people seem to. Just a taste thing I guess.
This may be your intent, but it just doesn't feel that way, it feels like the complete opposite, Abella is using you to get her hooks in Karlee (with more success than I would like). Also, it's a bit weird to say it doesn't feel like sharing when you're literally agreeing to a plan to share Karlee with Abella for access to them both. If it wasn't sharing she wouldn't be on the table as a bargaining chip. My two cents anyway.

That is what's rubbing me the wrong way (or my complaint) and how I feel about the situation at the moment.
The following isn't a complaint but merely me wishing things had gone differently.

However, and this is not at all what you seem to be going for now and would only be possible if you did a branching story, I would prefer above all for them to have no relationship whatsoever and to corrupt Abella into being unable to stand the idea of it. You've already treaded on this territory when you made Karlee disgusted by all other men and their dicks, and her frustration with being so. What I'd love to see is a similar set of actions with Abella where you turn her love for women and pussy into disgust, and have her despair over the change. Cruel? Well, it's no different than what you did to Karlee.
This would also mean Karlee no longer needs to be made to like women (it's been a while but if I remember right, she had zero interest and you change her so that she is). If such a branch/story were to ever happen she could either never have been made to in the first place, or at some point after you change Abella you change her back.
This certainly seems like a static story outside of the initial private/public route choice (though I could argue this should be the private route with the other being the 'public' but not so public route), so I don't expect to ever see this and I'm not demanding you do it or anything.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You need to meet your aunt and nephew first and then progress to the point where you talk to him in his room. I don't remember if you have to go to stage 2 where you hypnotize her at least once to get her to back off of him. This activates the option to learn coding and that new minigame. Do that to progress a level and you will be contacted by her on your pc.

who the heck is this hacker character? how do i start their content?

Reactions: dussalant

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Do her back at her house and not at her shop.

Is anybody else getting stuck on Romi? She's at the stage where she's at the Hangar morning and afternoon, and is flashing her underwear in the evening. I can't be sure of the exact stage, because the Stats screen is incorrectly showing her at Attunement Level 0. When I use the Talk To Her option in the Hangar, it provides no dialogue, indicates that her progress is at 100% (it's not, and I never even got a chance to attune to her), and eats the time chunk, with nothing else happening.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

In addition to what has been noted above, I'd add that it is not helped by coming immediately after choosing between a public and private path for her. Having that choice followed by a long string of unavoidable sharing (at best, the MC's role being less than a third wheel in their relationship for a lot of the time) events comes across as a bit of a fuck-you to the player, suggesting that the choices are largely meaningless.

I realize that that is not the intent, but that's how it came across when I first played through it.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes