HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
SugarCube.State.variables.charge=1000

Note that you do want to begin play of the learn coding minigame until you meet HelloClitty.

The grind for the hypno things energy is unbearable. I haven't played since you could bang karlee, every time I think about doing that stupid minigame over and over again I just lose any and all desire to play this.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Once the Hacker's Quest has advanced enough to visit her and use the app on her whenever you go there, it shows you a dialogue with Alex Chance, does that mean that there's no more contentwith Veruca yet?

On another note, I've been playing the Karlee and Abella story arc, but I get the feeling that the MC is nothing more than a walking dildo, not even a side piece. He gets completely manipulated into convincing Karlee into wanting a relationship with Abella, even to the point of moving in with her.
I cant get the stuff with Alex to trigger. Can you give me more detail on what's happening? I just did a playthrough of her content and nothing like that happened for me.

That's a note I'm aware of. Up until now MC has let Abella get her way cause she wasn't doing anything he didn't like. The end of that story will have him make sure she knows where she stands.

I don't confuse it for a romance path I just assume "private" means you're keeping the slut to yourself. And like I said, it's also a very jarring tonal difference from all the other private paths we've gotten so far and reads much closer to one of the public paths. You also seem to have intent that differs wildly from actual player perception, I'd suggest either leaning into that perception or doing better to express your intent in the writing itself if you're adamant about keeping it.
Yeah, again, this is all a fair. I think it boils down to the fact that, right or wrong, I would only be bothered by it if she was with a guy. Girl, girl stuff doesn't hit the same part of my brain for whatever reason. Obviously, that isn't how some feel. At this stage I'm just going to have to chalk it up as something I learned, to take forward into future characters. Hopefully the wrap up of that arc will end in a place that feels good to everyone.

"so far and reads much closer to one of the public paths". Trust me, my guy. Once you've seen what Karlee's public path looks like you won't be thinking that anymore. :D

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Question. When you see "private path" do you confuse that for romance/couple path? Do I need to be more explicit about the fact that the game is about making sluts to fuck, not meeting a girlfriend? I thought this was understood but maybe it isn't? If that's what I was gong for it would be "Romance path" and "Slut path" instead of "Private slut" and "Public slut".
No I think it's pretty clear, as much as some of us might desire a bit more than that, that's not what the game is about.
But to me and I suspect most others, private means yours and yours alone, even if it's not romantic. I understand that the existing relationship with Karlee isn't exactly 'public' and that there's some undefined middle ground here, but it doesn't feel like I got what I asked for when I clicked that button either.

I think where I am with the route structure is more in the public means Public as in people know what she is doing and private is more in the line of only you know what she is doing and why.
This makes sense, but isn't what I thought it meant. I thought it meant "for private use" or "for public use", not "privately a slut" or "publicly a slut". Like she's either YOUR slut, or everyone's (or a number of others anyway).

I think it boils down to the fact that, right or wrong, I would only be bothered by it if she was with a guy. Girl, girl stuff doesn't hit the same part of my brain for whatever reason.
It's not the same, and I certainly take it less seriously (and threateningly?), but that doesn't mean I support or like it either. I assume many feel the same way.
It's obviously different because if it WERE a guy those of us complaining about it wouldn't have stuck around this long, yet we're still bothered by it.

This is all just feedback as to why I (and presumably others) feel upset by the situation though, you write the story you want to write, we'll just have to live with it or move on.

Last edited:

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Trust me, my guy. Once you've seen what Karlee's public path looks like you won't be thinking that anymore. :D
I would still think that, it's a point of comparison to the other public and private paths. You seem to be under the false impression that you can mitigate one path by making the other path more severe, that's simply not how it works, the less severe path's still being mishandled and all you've done is introduce a worse alternative. As it stands Karlee's just a character written with two public paths, not just because of the sharing but also because of how the would-be private path is actually written, she's treated very differently than the other girls are for their private paths and the MC's insights follow how they act on a public path instead of a private one.

It's generally just inconsistent with the rest of the game. And your explanation for why this developed the way it did just makes it all the more concerning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenenbaum

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
how to proceed with jssica.
is it EoC not shown in tips?
(im trying to use app for several weeks, getting this: I already implanted a suggestion in her mind today. Best to let her sleep at least once before I go poking around in her brain again. )

Last edited:

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
You need to meet your aunt and nephew first and then progress to the point where you talk to him in his room. I don't remember if you have to go to stage 2 where you hypnotize her at least once to get her to back off of him. This activates the option to learn coding and that new minigame. Do that to progress a level and you will be contacted by her on your pc.
Done all of that and she still hasn't shown up, even after getting like 5 level ups to my charge amounts. I played an earlier version of this game and got her but when I started this version, none of my saves were there, so started over from scratch. Also, in this version, when I go to charge the app automatically, it gives me anywhere from 200 to 4000 charge.

Furyan

Nov 16, 2017
My walkthrough says to hire Hello Clitty 5 times, I did it and nothing happened. The other quests are cool though, I think I'm missing something cause other quests are ok.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
My walkthrough says to hire Hello Clitty 5 times, I did it and nothing happened. The other quests are cool though, I think I'm missing something cause other quests are ok.
Have you already followed through w her the first time? Going to her house etc? If so, then I think it's just that the game isn't listing it as finished. It shows the same on mine even though I've completed everything w her.

If not, then I dunno....

Cheers

Reactions: Furyan

homerj30

Sep 14, 2020
the hacker quest needs to be patched, seems im not the only one who cant progress on hiring her multiple times.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I did start a new game.
Got to the hacker part, just like in the old version where she jumps me for using 'her' network, etc....
I hired her 5 times, and her story progressed.

Since then she has assembled a few servers for me and we chatted some at night. 'online girlfriend'.

It still is telling me to hire her Again, 5 times, so I am just presuming that it was supposed to tell me her quest was finished for now but is mistakenly still telling me to hire her.....
Not a big deal though.

Cheers

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes