HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
What browser are you using? The standard button to bring up the console for both Firefox and Chromium (aka Chrome) is F12. I'm going to guess it's whatever new crap M$ is pushing out, and they are up to their usual "embrace, extend, extinguish" bullshit by straying from accepted standards. I've never seen it myself because my first act when forced to use Winders on a desktop I can control is to install Firefox with noscript and adblocker. I can't help but chuckle when folk pay good money to google to have it drop the endless annoying unskippable ads on youtube.

All that being said, I've yet to see a browser/desktop where the browser didn't have a console. Look in the help for the browser for where they may have hidden it.

what do you not understand that I press F12 and nothing happens?
do I have to draw you?

uhboy

Jul 25, 2021
cheat works fine in firefox (105,0,2) f12 then you just type the sugar text and then add a space then = 100

on a diffrent note..

i just started playing, fun game but buggy
in the moms room at night the "entryway" button is hidden behind a image that dont load so when i press entryway to leave the room, it just keep looking at her
any fix?

edit SugarCube.State.variables.cash =900 works too.. im rich !! :)

edit 2: so the image bug ^^ happends out at the pool and some other places too, a temp fix is to press f12 then some of the images the re-sized to the right size and you can press the "leave" button

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Due to issues with downloading, I didn't manage to pull 0.16 and start proofreading until today. I just started my compare in meld and have noticed some of the content will probably be of interest for those with voyeur fetish. We should probably update the tags on the OP.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I'm still proofing but this is a continuation of India's private path if you went the other direction.

Also noticed that AO uses Merica instead of Marica at a point. This would normally be a spell correction thing that I would change in my markup, but he's setting and checking a variable with the wrong name in that block. So I'm going to let him figure out what he wants to do there rather than posting the updated html here.

which doesn't happen in my game...i guess i skip this update

thanks anyway

Draevis

Nov 30, 2019
Found a few small issues. When I visited Alex at the Gym in the evening when her level was at 5 after her picture there was the text "Alex5Gym.jpg". I tracked it down to the widget for addPicR and the code for assembling her image and writing it to the HTML had an "$i" at the end of the print command, outside closing ">".

Also, there are a few places in both the text and the code where Marcia is referred to as "Mercia"

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I doubt I will ever touch that asshole's virtual gear. Doesn't whatever virtual keyboard you bring up in there have function buttons? If so does it have an F12 button? If so and that doesn't work looks like Asshole is following in the footsteps of Bill Gates with the old "embrace, extend, extinguish" bullshit.

Does someone know how to cheat/open console on the meta quest browser?

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.
Thank you for the above info. I'm sure there are a lot of members out there who will be able to take advantage of this. This is why I marvel at you guys. I can't comprehend anything you are saying. You might as well be writing in Plutonese, out of this world. My eyeballs roll and I start to perspire and I just go get a drink, lol.

May 7, 2021
this is not how decimals work. it doesnt go from .9 to .10. after .9 you would got to 1.0. is it just me? but the way the changelog is laid out is making me crazy

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes