HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Draevis

Nov 30, 2019
In the passage "Alex Chat 3a" Just after Alex reveals her plan to give the MC a massage there is a textbox that is attributed to Alex, that I think should be attributed to the MC. "Sounds like a good time to me. You should be careful though. You don’t want to get all those oils on that sexy underwear, do you?"

Reactions: AmusingOddity

omniq

Aug 26, 2016
Hacker still seems broken to me, I've tried resetting, but I still get stuck at the first 5 hires task.

Matzak

May 1, 2017
i found a bug it looks like $hackStory wasn't set 0 or place which causes game not to load hacker story line i fix mine by save editing it in to a save file

DarkeReises

Jan 15, 2021
i found a bug it looks like $hackStory wasn't set 0 or place which causes game not to load hacker story line i fix mine by save editing it in to a save file
Oh my god I fucking love you. I've been trying to fix my hacker story being stuck on the hire her 5 times thing, got the bugfix didn't work, tried a new save file after closing my incognito windows and relaunching the game(to clear the cache) and starting over, didn't work. Tried adding the hackGuide variable but I don't see why that was needed to progress past this particular quest.

Anyways, used the F12 console with SugarCube.State.variables.hackStory =0 and set my kitty hired variable to 4(with TwineHacker), and hired her one more time at night. The guide for HelloClitty changed from "Hire her 5 times, PC, Night" or whatever to "PC at Night" so I think it worked, will check rn. Fucking finally.

Edit: It worked, and I am very happy. I've been playing this game for 11 hours, time to keep the streak going.

Last edited:

Dehvid

Nov 4, 2021
First, Thanks for the game, it was fun.
I used the update patch not the full download.

W the current update there are blank placeholders for Alex in the Gym and the following dialogue if you click through. Others may have pointed this out. Also blank placeholder for Leah in her gym.

W India, I have completed her story arc however if I goto her office and try to 'charge' her, I just get a black screen after the part where it asks how much charge to use. I just back up and leave and go to somewhere else.

Have only been able to catch AJ once at her home for tutoring. The second time was after I used the app on her but it wouldn't let me go in, just gave the warning about recently having used the app on her. I tried multiple evenings over a couple weeks.

=============

The storyline w Jessica is really gross. I understand the MC needing to be a bad guy whoring her out to everyone but it's still gross and I don't enjoy the story/vids that go along with it. Not a big deal, just my opinion and not meant to be hateful.
I just think the game isn't for me even though I was really crazy about it at first.
===========

At any rate, was just yammering a bit.
Best of Luck with the game and I really hope it all works out well for you.

Cheers
I think has something to do with files being renamed... India1.1.jpg etc... and the code has India1.jpg... a lot of people ran into this issue... I think there was some renaming issues and the coding not leading to an image which was rename.

Reactions: Forgotted

Dehvid

Nov 4, 2021
I loved this game... it had a Very solid story... a strong start... interesting characters... but then the new map I was like.. ugh... then one update it was a clusterf&ck of take this folder put it in this folder.. rename this folder delete this foler... and move the rest to this folder... I was like... ugh... This issue... I mean the full download.. and update... almost all questlines seem broken...the variables to advance that were once there are changed I think also... I mean I started even from fresh hoping to get through it... played half an hour.. and nope... issues with AJ not advancing.. which meant no advancing in Alex's questline.. HelloClit%ty... yep... broke... I hope... this gets some sorta huge fix... cause this train has come derailed... from something I thought was a very good and solid start...

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I don't have any clue when or why I removed that from the StoryInIt page but I must have. Never even thought to check that as an issue. Spent ages looking at her code, cant believe it was something so basic. Thanks for letting me know.

Can we fuck the landlady yet? It's been like 30 years by this point.
Not yet. Her arc covers a lot of ground to set things up for later in the game. Her next update or two are going to be recruting focused. Won't be long after that, probably.

First, Thanks for the game, it was fun.
I used the update patch not the full download.

W the current update there are blank placeholders for Alex in the Gym and the following dialogue if you click through. Others may have pointed this out. Also blank placeholder for Leah in her gym.

W India, I have completed her story arc however if I goto her office and try to 'charge' her, I just get a black screen after the part where it asks how much charge to use. I just back up and leave and go to somewhere else.

Have only been able to catch AJ once at her home for tutoring. The second time was after I used the app on her but it wouldn't let me go in, just gave the warning about recently having used the app on her. I tried multiple evenings over a couple weeks.

=============

The storyline w Jessica is really gross. I understand the MC needing to be a bad guy whoring her out to everyone but it's still gross and I don't enjoy the story/vids that go along with it. Not a big deal, just my opinion and not meant to be hateful.
I just think the game isn't for me even though I was really crazy about it at first.
===========

At any rate, was just yammering a bit.
Best of Luck with the game and I really hope it all works out well for you.

Cheers
I doubt that I'm going to do much to the Jess arc in terms of content. What i might do in future is add a way to bypass it. Like, once i get to working on phase 2 I can add an option to just get the cliff notes of what happens with her but not need to play through.

You mind sending me a save? I'm not getting any of the three bugs with AJ, India or the black screen. I'm working 12's for the next few days but I'll look at it when I get time to myself and see what i can find.

Reactions: Matzak

stevedavecraig

Sep 8, 2017
I still can't seem to advance the hacker questline. it still doesn't advance past the "hire 5 times, PC, Night" stage. I tried downloading the 15.3 patch, but did I install it incorrectly? or do you need to make a new save?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I didn't look at the patch, but if you are working with a save past where Hello Clitty gets initialized that would be a problem.

I still can't seem to advance the hacker questline. it still doesn't advance past the "hire 5 times, PC, Night" stage. I tried downloading the 15.3 patch, but did I install it incorrectly? or do you need to make a new save?

Matzak

May 1, 2017
the game is looking for if $kittyHired == 5 && $time == 4 && $hackStory is 0& to go on down the story line if you use old save file you might have over shot kittyHired number and and is now stuck if you use twinehacker you can put kittyHired back to 5 then you need save there and save edit in ("hackStory": 0,) without () around where "jessStory": number is. i used to save edited mine then play the game with the save u just edited and night you shouldbe able to move on down hacker story line or new playthrough

Last edited:

stevedavecraig

Sep 8, 2017
I am still not sure what you mean. You were right that kitty hired was larger than 5. I lowered it to five and added "hackStory": 0, bellow it in the save but it still did not progress. Did i misunderstand where I was supposed to add hackstory or did i need to do some other steps than adding it all together?

Matzak

May 1, 2017
I am still not sure what you mean. You were right that kitty hired was larger than 5. I lowered it to five and added "hackStory": 0, bellow it in the save but it still did not progress. Did i misunderstand where I was supposed to add hackstory or did i need to do some other steps than adding it all together?
its need look like this but your would be different numbers because of your progression in the game
"karleeStory": 4,
"emmaStory": 1,
"indiaStory": 3,
"jessStory": 3,
"hackStory": 0,
"ajStory": 1,
"alexStory": 4,
"sarahStory": 1,
"romiStory": 0,
"elliotStory": 1,
if you just play the hacker story and are ok with most every else is not touch use this save

stevedavecraig

Sep 8, 2017
its need look like this but your would be different numbers because of your progression in the game
"karleeStory": 4,
"emmaStory": 1,
"indiaStory": 3,
"jessStory": 3,
"hackStory": 0,
"ajStory": 1,
"alexStory": 4,
"sarahStory": 1,
"romiStory": 0,
"elliotStory": 1,
if you just play the hacker story and are ok with most every else is not touch use this save
Yeah, I still can't get it to work... guess i should just restart then and hope it works the second time around

Hydra22

Jun 5, 2017
image_2022-09-14_100841147.png
Question will there be more events for Elliot or is this the end of events for him??
And is there any way to cheat to make more Charges??

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes