HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Grimtoof

Jun 5, 2019
Ok. First this is 0.14.7 if that’s not your version then YMMV.
After talking to HelloClitty for the first time, paid her five times for charge. Go to buy a sixth time and she sends a chat request.
You visit her when you have requisite charge and $500. option to do so doesn’t even show up otherwise.
after that sleep and she’ll wake you up.
Visit again with a minimum $50 and requisite charge

Then you can start visiting regularly.
I appreciate you checking, I have completed all the pre-requisites that are listed and simply doesn't trigger. I am under the presumption it's a bugged out mess of a questline and I am just on the tough titties end of it. I haven't the foggiest idea why it's fucked, but it appears to be. Haven't cheated in either play through, have touched the console. Might try to figure out the command even to reset the quest line if I can.

Reactions: jojogeo

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
I appreciate you checking, I have completed all the pre-requisites that are listed and simply doesn't trigger. I am under the presumption it's a bugged out mess of a questline and I am just on the tough titties end of it. I haven't the foggiest idea why it's fucked, but it appears to be. Haven't cheated in either play through, have touched the console. Might try to figure out the command even to reset the quest line if I can.
Hi, I had the same problem. AO gave me the variable needed.
Can you edit your savegame and check if you have "hackGuide":1
If not, search "hackAddress":1 and copy-paste "hackGuide":1. Don't forget the , screen.jpg

Mrwhysper

Oct 13, 2019
The error is not at mopoga. They have just published the files downloaded. The internet does not run on windows, file names are case sensitive.
No, the internet doesn’t run on Windows, thank god, or otherwise it would need to be updated every three days, have security holes you could drive a Peterbilt through, and would experience 98% downtime.

That said, the Dev isn’t responsible for anyone publishing his stuff anywhere on the internet to be used online.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
One of the things I do for AO other than proofreading is filesystem checks. I'm on Linux so catch the case sensitive stuff for him. Looking at the url that was reported, I have it in my images tree. Perhaps that site had a corrupted archive or possibly a file system corruption issue where that file got clobbered?

No, the internet doesn’t run on Windows, thank god, or otherwise it would need to be updated every three days, have security holes you could drive a Peterbilt through, and would experience 98% downtime.

That said, the Dev isn’t responsible for anyone publishing his stuff anywhere on the internet to be used online.

Mrwhysper

Oct 13, 2019
One of the things I do for AO other than proofreading is filesystem checks. I'm on Linux so catch the case sensitive stuff for him. Looking at the url that was reported, I have it in my images tree. Perhaps that site had a corrupted archive or possibly a file system corruption issue where that file got clobbered?
Actually just did a check over at mopoga
Neither schoolgate.jpg nor Schoolgate.jpg exist either. So it’s a missing file on their end.

Jan 18, 2021
Actually just did a check over at mopoga
Neither schoolgate.jpg nor Schoolgate.jpg exist either. So it’s a missing file on their end.
Actually, this is a real bug and not mopoga's fault. A few images seem to be missing from the 0.14.6 zip archive. They were present in the older image packs but they have been removed a few releases ago. If you had installed old versions of the game from a few months ago and you kept on updating the game by installing the new versions on top of the old ones, then you will have the old version of Images/Locations/SchoolGate.jpg. But if you extract the current archive 0.14.6 into a new folder, then this file will be missing.

The reference to Images/Locations/SchoolGate.jpg can be found in the intro of the game, just before the paragraph that says "You have mixed feelings as you approach your old campus." The Twine code has a reference to <<roomPic "SchoolGate.jpg">>, which expands to Images/Locations/SchoolGate.jpg.

Later, there is a similar broken reference to Images/Locations/ScienceWing.jpg. This image was also present in older versions of the game but is missing from the latest archive 0.14.6 (the upgrade to 0.14.8 does not include images).

Reactions: Dixon Butz

HmmHmm1

May 2, 2018
Im having issues, that videos and some pictures dont show, while i play. is thre a specific reason for that?

rowurboat

Oct 23, 2020
Hi, I had the same problem. AO gave me the variable needed.
Can you edit your savegame and check if you have "hackGuide":1
If not, search "hackAddress":1 and copy-paste "hackGuide":1. Don't forget the , View attachment 2016150
How do you edit the savegame? I tried opening it and it doesn't look like the picture.

Edit: I found out to do it using the "Cheats" link on the first page.

Edit 2: Can access the house, but i only get the error image when i try to knock

Last edited:

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
How do you edit the savegame? I tried opening it and it doesn't look like the picture.

Edit: I found out to do it using the "Cheats" link on the first page.

Edit 2: Can access the house, but i only get the error image when i try to knock
You can use suave.html
Choose a save file. Don't forget to press "Load File" button.
After changing something, you need to "save text to file" and then, load the modified file in your game.
Hope it will help.

rowurboat

Oct 23, 2020
You can use suave.html
Choose a save file. Don't forget to press "Load File" button.
After changing something, you need to "save text to file" and then, load the modified file in your game.
Hope it will help.
What do i do if i don't have those variables? I am using 0.14.8 (with 0.14.6 as the base)

When i set hackGuide and hackAddress to 1 using the Console (f12) i created them and set them to 1. All that let me do is find her house and knock on the door.

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
What do i do if i don't have those variables? I am using 0.14.8 (with 0.14.6 as the base)

When i set hackGuide and hackAddress to 1 using the Console (f12) i created them and set them to 1. All that let me do is find her house and knock on the door.
I don't know. I had a problem with that quest : when I went to her house in the evening or at night, I couldn't enter the house.
All I got was : " It's too early in the day for her to be up. If I knock now I'm just going to annoy her. I should wait until the evening.
"hackGuide":1 was missing in my save. Adding it solved the problem.

Jan 18, 2021
You can do that by editing a saved game, or you can use your browser to edit the variable in a running game. When you are in the game window or tab, open your browser's developers tools with Ctrl+Shift+I or F12, and then enter the following:

SugarCube.State.variables.hackGuide = 1

Note: variable names are case-sensitive. You can copy-paste the whole statement or you can start typing the first few characters of each part of the name and use Tab or Right-Arrow to let your browser auto-complete.

4lpharion

Jul 27, 2020
Damn. Loving most of this game so far. Elliot's route was amazing, and scratched an itch I haven't found anything else for. And then his mom got involved and it went from "have fun corrupting him into a femboy" into "make a horrible woman abuse her kid."

I get that it's a mind control game, and we're obviously being bad people. But the player making a mom rape her son, and she's cool with it because she's a garbage person crossed a line for me. I'm seriously hoping that gets removed when the Elliot path gets separated from the Romi path

rowurboat

Oct 23, 2020
If you can get it to work, be my guest
I don't know. I had a problem with that quest : when I went to her house in the evening or at night, I couldn't enter the house.
All I got was : " It's too early in the day for her to be up. If I knock now I'm just going to annoy her. I should wait until the evening.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes