HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Xrough

Oct 27, 2018
Modify with notepad Line 3544 from "<<elseif $weekend is 1 && passage() is "Backyard" && $time is 1>>"
to "<<elseif $karleeLoc is "Backyard" && passage() is "Backyard">>"
Actually, it was line 3548.. ;)
But its working, thx..
Cheers pal..

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
That could be due to any one of a number of things. In general though it probably won't be due to use of the wrong case in the filenames since I playtest his updates on Linux a bit after proofreading his new content in a dff-merge tool.

Does anyone know how to fix a bug where the pictures doesn't show up?

Dackd357

Apr 12, 2019
That could be due to any one of a number of things. In general though it probably won't be due to use of the wrong case in the filenames since I playtest his updates on Linux a bit after proofreading his new content in a dff-merge tool.
I use windows maybe thats the reason

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Not the issue because it is a bug in Winders the M$ refuses to fix and has been jerks about that for decades. It only causes problems for people who run on platforms other than Winders. Basically their NTFS crap preserves the filenames case when creating it but ignores it when reading it back.

Your problem can be anything like not properly unpacking the archives, putting the html file and the media folder in different directories or using a browser that doesn't support things like webp/webm or even mp4 for those versions where A0 was still using that patent encumbered junk.

I use windows maybe thats the reason

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Hey @AmusingOddity.
Like the game but I had to change some things around in the code.
Fixed the % bar of some characters in the stats, added $leah and $ver to the stats, fixed $karlee in the backyard, added payments to $hack according to the story and some minor typos.
I didn't finished everything in the 0.18.2 version (and I didn't pursue Elliot's story) but I don't know how far your are on the next update so here is my fixes. View attachment 2275061
Please be careful, the line numbers are an indication. Since I added some stuff, the numbers don't match anymore on the Vanilla version of 18.2.
Thanks for all this. I'll give it a once over make fixes.

Also, India not being at home as much after she takes over the business in intended. 2 reasons, 1 her story focuses on work after that and it makes sense for the character to spend as much time there as she can. 2 having so many chat locations for her was making her arc move too slowly. I write around 20k words per update split between 2 characters. 10k doesn't get you much progress when you have to write 4 chat scenes for every level. Trimming her back to 2 locations made her arc move a lot faster.

Reactions: Popotamo

Popotamo

Dec 7, 2017
Thanks for all this. I'll give it a once over make fixes.

Also, India not being at home as much after she takes over the business in intended. 2 reasons, 1 her story focuses on work after that and it makes sense for the character to spend as much time there as she can. 2 having so many chat locations for her was making her arc move too slowly. I write around 20k words per update split between 2 characters. 10k doesn't get you much progress when you have to write 4 chat scenes for every level. Trimming her back to 2 locations made her arc move a lot faster.
Alright, thanks for the answer. Don't know if you checked message 1,523, I added some stuff (txt attached).
I still think hard working people deserve at least their Sundays. ;)
But even then, "weekend" is a variable, not "sunday". Would be a pain in the ass at this point.
Maybe in a later update, once $india get more freetime from her job.
Keep up the good work anyway!

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Here's a heads up for the OP maintainers, etc. AO will be breaking up the full download into multiple pieces for 0.19 and later. Note: This has not dropped here and it will days before AO releases it here

If we look at the download section of the current OP for 0.18 it looks like:

Code:
DOWNLOAD
Win: ANONFILE - MEGA - GOFILE - FILESFM
Update Only (v0.18): ANONFILE - GOFILE - FILESFM
The full download for the 0.18 under the "Win" heading has gotten so large that it was about to break the magic 2gb trigger that causes Mega to force Firefox users (and possibly other browsers) to switch to their downloader thingie that I think suckers you into setting up a login. While this was a problem with years earlier versions of Firefox, I'm not so sure whether this is still a thing and not just an excuse for pulling people into their ecosystem. This was never an issue for Chrome/Chromium and newer generation browsers like that new M$ junk, so many of you may never have seen this.

The full download for 0.19 now goes over the 2gb threshold so AO broke it in two. Let's take a look at the 0.19 folder I set up:

Screenshot_20230106_130620.png

The downloads folder there are the three Zip archives I just got from Mega today for prooftesting. The Sluttown USA (Pack 1).zip and Sluttown USA (Pack 2).zip represent the "Full Monty" for 0.19 such as would be found under the "Win:" links above for the full 0.18. On that note I have a quibble about calling that thing "Win:" and not "All:" since this is an html based VN.

So Pack 1 and Pack 2 both unpacked to the Sluttown USA folder above. That would be all that you need to download and play from scratch.

The Update zip unpacked to the (0.19 Update) folder above. Download just this one if you have played 0.18.2 and thus don't need a "Full Monty". Take the Images and html file from it to paste over your existing download folder

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
SluttownUSAHometownCorruption-0.19
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
If you have issues please use this thread or join us on !

Reactions: stephtban

Hydra22

Jun 5, 2017
question why Romi and Elliot are on the Public route if you select Elliot so that Romi stays and moves alone?
Capture.PNG

Maverick7508

Jan 24, 2018
Question. How do I access the new Romi content? There is nothing listed in the guide and no new interactions.
Also, who is Eva? My memory is not the greatest.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
It's probably a misnomer leftover from when they just had their dual route before the split point. There will probably be decision points for both about whether to go public or private with one or both. Note that he generally writes the private path first.

question why Romi and Elliot are on the Public route if you select Elliot so that Romi stays and moves alone?
View attachment 2308892

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Have Elliott move out on his own. This will open her new content. Eva is Gia's mom. He updated Gia this release and that led into mom becoming a new pursuit.

Question. How do I access the new Romi content? There is nothing listed in the guide and no new interactions.

Reactions: Maverick7508

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I usually start from scratch every time on my playtest just to make sure I can catch stuff. You do need to do the branch early on in their story arc before she starts throwing his boy stuff out. And that is pretty early on in the game.

But as far as I remember to have Elliot move out you need to start a new game.

zed4o777

Dec 11, 2017
" If you need everything just extract both image packs together and use the HTML file form Pack 2. "
half ot the images dont show up

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
View attachment 2308892
Just an oversight on my part. It is the private route for both of them that's being worked on. I'll sort it for the next update, thanks for letting me know about it.

The content or Romi is not the continuation of her existing route. It's a new route, you need a new save to access it.

Eva is Gia's mom. You find them in the restaurant in the mall.

" If you need everything just extract both image packs together and use the HTML file form Pack 2. "
half ot the images dont show up
You've downloaded "Pack 1" and "Pack 2"? If so, highlight them both, right click, extract. If you've done this right, you'll have a folder called "Sluttown USA" that measures around 2.1 gigs. If not, you haven't downloaded the packs correctly.

Last edited:

AlfAlf

Sep 3, 2017
Eva is Gia's mom. You find them in the restaurant in the mall.
Whenever I talk to Gia it just says I've already attuned her and I need to find the right time but no matter what day or time I talk to her it just says the same. And the guide just says there's no new content for her.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes