HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
AmusingOddity , nice game! Really enjoying the story.

In (18.1) "India Events Private3", the "Eat Pussy" finish is a dead end. It appears the command to end & the command to move forward if "$event is DT" are reversed.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Not pretending to speak for AO, but that is the logical pathing, and there was a fair amount of new variation added to the boutique scenes where mc is tuning Romi. He just didn't expand her private single path this release.

But I have a question about the new Elliot solo path. If you go that way,do you also get a Romi solo path?

Reactions: Kavalor

Greedix

Dec 26, 2018
Were you already playing off 18.1? I have no idea why redownloading it would fix the problem?

Did you manage to spot the point where you got knocked off the rails in your first playthrough? If I can find the scene that's getting skipped I should be able to narrow down where the problem is happening.
Not sure if you have this resolved yet. The bottleneck seems to be happening at:

Veronica: Talked to India about getting Veronica a job Requiring India Advancement to progress Veronica.(This step locks out the Office Building/"Real Office")
Sara: Girls require training(Which is needed to advance India)
India: Waiting on the training of the girls

Seems at least for my experience with this that if the auto conversation trigger about the model home was moved from "Real Office" to "India Office" this bug would be solved.

I've been getting around this particular location lock problem with SugarCube.Engine.Play("Conference Room"). As long as you know the name of a location it should work to get you out of or into bugged location.

I am a layman when it comes to working with HTML so I have no idea if this is helpful.

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
Were you already playing off 18.1? I have no idea why redownloading it would fix the problem?

Did you manage to spot the point where you got knocked off the rails in your first playthrough? If I can find the scene that's getting skipped I should be able to narrow down where the problem is happening.
Yeah, should be 18.1 from the get go, but guessing something got messed up somewhere.
The difference was actually quite simple: In the broken version the conversation with India started when entering the office building, blocking access to the conference room and the training of girls. In the fixed version that conversation is moved to Indias office, giving access to the conference room.

A nice QoL with these things would be making the conversation in question a one-time thing, and getting some other kind of fill while she is in her office, waiting for progress step.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Gah, I need an outlet for the only thing in the game that bothers me. Feel free to skip over this post. It's going to be my personal whining session.

Most of the writing in this is actually outstanding. A lot of the interactions don't feel forced at all. A welcome change to the normal writing you see on here.

The only one that is a dumpster fire is Jessica. His goal is to quietly subdue the college followed by the town and yet the first thing he does is use his TA to suck off students? Not to mention the fact that he is borderline obsessive with keeping all the other girls to himself yet with this one storyline all that gets tossed out the window. It doesn't make sense to me.

This is the only gripe I have with the game thus far. I only push through this part of the story when I have no other activity in game to do. Which is a little sad cause I'm a sucker for redheads.

Ok, whining finished.
Its a fair gripe. I needed one character to carry the main narative of the story. Jess's store is what leads you to forcing Sarah into conversation and sets up Ronnie as a POS, which will be relevant later. Once I'm finished this phase of the game I might add a kind of skip to her story where you can jump to the end and get a summery of what went down for people that dont want to play it.

But I have a question about the new Elliot solo path. If you go that way,do you also get a Romi solo path?
Yes but its not in the game yet. She won the poll for the next update though so I'll be adding the start of her solo route this month.

AmusingOddity , nice game! Really enjoying the story.

In (18.1) "India Events Private3", the "Eat Pussy" finish is a dead end. It appears the command to end & the command to move forward if "$event is DT" are reversed.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll add it to the bug list.

Not sure if you have this resolved yet. The bottleneck seems to be happening at:

Veronica: Talked to India about getting Veronica a job Requiring India Advancement to progress Veronica.(This step locks out the Office Building/"Real Office")
Sara: Girls require training(Which is needed to advance India)
India: Waiting on the training of the girls

Seems at least for my experience with this that if the auto conversation trigger about the model home was moved from "Real Office" to "India Office" this bug would be solved.

I've been getting around this particular location lock problem with SugarCube.Engine.Play("Conference Room"). As long as you know the name of a location it should work to get you out of or into bugged location.

I am a layman when it comes to working with HTML so I have no idea if this is helpful.
Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a try and see if it helps.

Yeah, should be 18.1 from the get go, but guessing something got messed up somewhere.
The difference was actually quite simple: In the broken version the conversation with India started when entering the office building, blocking access to the conference room and the training of girls. In the fixed version that conversation is moved to Indias office, giving access to the conference room.

A nice QoL with these things would be making the conversation in question a one-time thing, and getting some other kind of fill while she is in her office, waiting for progress step.
I'll try moving the trigger point like Greedix suggested, hopefully that will fix things.

Greedix

Dec 26, 2018
Its a fair gripe. I needed one character to carry the main narative of the story. Jess's store is what leads you to forcing Sarah into conversation and sets up Ronnie as a POS, which will be relevant later. Once I'm finished this phase of the game I might add a kind of skip to her story where you can jump to the end and get a summery of what went down for people that dont want to play it.

I'll try moving the trigger point like Greedix suggested, hopefully that will fix things.
Nah I just wasn't far enough to see the way it was headed. It would work great as a pubic setting, just not spectacular as a private setting. You can still use Ronnie and the Blackmail set up easy enough, just make it that he found a video from her past and started blackmailing her.

The trigger point isn't going to do it, the tasks stack on her and the model house conversation gets priority locking out the train the girls progression. Might have to move the Progress India Lockout on Veronica until after the girls are trained(Progress 28) before having the talk about getting her a job. Still a simple solution I hope.

Gonna see if I can force 28 to be complete and check if the progression clears up.

Last edited:

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Nah I just wasn't far enough to see the way it was headed. It would work great as a pubic setting, just not spectacular as a private setting. You can still use Ronnie and the Blackmail set up easy enough, just make it that he found a video from her past and started blackmailing her.

The trigger point isn't going to do it, the tasks stack on her and the model house conversation gets priority locking out the train the girls progression. Might have to move the Progress India Lockout on Veronica until after the girls are trained before having the talk about getting her a job. Still a simple solution I hope.
If you have your save handy would you send it on to me. Having a save at the exact broken spot would help me test for the fix.

Greedix

Dec 26, 2018
If you have your save handy would you send it on to me. Having a save at the exact broken spot would help me test for the fix.
Don't know if I did that right but here you go.
From the little bit of tooling around I did it looks like it isn't an issue of priority. Progressing Veronica pushes into "India Story 1a" with no way to progress through it because of the auto playing conversation.
Even if you force the story you keep getting locked into auto play conversations.

gfdsf565

Jul 25, 2019
I'm stuck with Leah progression...

Leah: (Buy flowers, chocolates, suprise from Dirty Joe's, have $150)

I have flowers and chocolates and $150 but Dirty Joe's has nothing for sale beyond panties and a cage.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Made a clean version with no progress other than straight to the bug.
Thanks bud. I'll dig into it tonight when I get a chance.

I'm stuck with Leah progression...

Leah: (Buy flowers, chocolates, suprise from Dirty Joe's, have $150)

I have flowers and chocolates and $150 but Dirty Joe's has nothing for sale beyond panties and a cage.
Talk to Proxy. I should be more explicit in the guide about that. Thanks.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Made a clean version with no progress other than straight to the bug.
OK. I spent about an hour down a blind ally, but after that I think I found it! The issue was that you could trigger the Forthale party before introducing Marica to India. That set a variable earlier than it should have been set and borked teh correct sequence of things. It also explains why not everyone was running into it.

Before I post a bugfix if you wouldn't mind repeating what you did before on this and double checking if I have it.

obsidian7

Dec 14, 2022
I'm loving the game, though it would be nice if some of the girls started dominating the main character. It looked like Khloe was going to do that, but then she eased off.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I'm loving the game, though it would be nice if some of the girls started dominating the main character. It looked like Khloe was going to do that, but then she eased off.
You're playing the wrong genre if you wanted femdom. Mind control games RARELY have anything even resembling femdom.

Greedix

Dec 26, 2018
OK. I spent about an hour down a blind ally, but after that I think I found it! The issue was that you could trigger the Forthale party before introducing Marica to India. That set a variable earlier than it should have been set and borked teh correct sequence of things. It also explains why not everyone was running into it.

Before I post a bugfix if you wouldn't mind repeating what you did before on this and double checking if I have it.
Nailed it. Hell, the whole India Guide and sequence is more polished. I tried to bug it again by mixing up the completion those storylines. No more bug at all.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I was actualy talking to someone about this not so long ago. I was trying to figure out a femdom character, but its hard to make work in a world where the MC can literally press a button and make the girl his bitch. I eventually landed on doing a character in the same vein as Xev where its an intentional played out fantasy. No idea when I'll get around to her. Femdom is a later game kink for sure I'd say.

Nailed it. Hell, the whole India Guide and sequence is more polished. I tried to bug it again by mixing up the completion those storylines. No more bug at all.
Oh thank God! If that hadn't fixed it i was totally out of ideas! :D

obsidian7

Dec 14, 2022
I was actualy talking to someone about this not so long ago. I was trying to figure out a femdom character, but its hard to make work in a world where the MC can literally press a button and make the girl his bitch. I eventually landed on doing a character in the same vein as Xev where its an intentional played out fantasy. No idea when I'll get around to her. Femdom is a later game kink for sure I'd say.
Yes, it is hard. There are two ways you could do it that I can think of:
1) Character somehow realises she's been affected (like Khloe early seems to?)
2) The MC gives an instruction that a girl is able to re-interpret and use against him

ouda

Apr 30, 2018
i have a problem for quest of Karlee the guide tell me to go to the pool of the colleage , the weekend in the morning but nothing happend help please

Captubbre.PNG

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 26 Votes