HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Thanks for the save. So far as I can tell, at some point in $indiaStory 27 the correct sequence got broken some how. It isn't an issue for people playing through that part of the game fresh, I dont think. I've used your save to reset the story back to before the break. It seems to be playing fine from there.

i'm kind of torn on this one.
from one side it's written well, the characters are interesting in a way.
but from another, the progress is really slow, and bad thing is there is no filler to make up for the slow progression with the main characters. so for a long time you are just reading some ordinary every day scenarios.

also there are some bugs with the story.
like, i'm going with india to her room, and next thing out of nothing a story about emma starts. no transition, nothing, and whatever was happening before that ends without conclusion.
then we jump in the pool to compete. and out of nothing we are talking about emma again.
things like that.
it's really annoying. i have no idea what is happening with the story, is this supposed to happen? did something break?
I understand if it slow going right now. I'd just mention that the game if still super early. I like games that make you start off having a hard time and ramp up to make you feel powerful. That can only happen if its hard to get charge at the start.

I think i possibly found a bug in the game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If it is how do i fix this?

EDIT: Same thing with
Leah: Leah's Gym, evening.
Leah Location: LeahGym
I'm not seeing a bug in this screenshot. Whats the issue?

Got a black screen at the first meeting with the hacker.
Anybody else had the same issue?

Edit: Never mind, it only happens if you haven't enough charge. It is still a bug though.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll add it to the todo list for the next update.

maniaki666

Jun 30, 2022
Hello, i think i have encounter a bug.

I'm on India path, it says :
"
India: Train the new girls.
India Location: India Office
"

on the guide but everytime i click on Office Building, i got a discussion between India and me and when i click leave i'm back on the map. So i can't access the Office.

What shall i do?

PS : I put a screen of the end of the discussion in case of code checking.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Hello, i think i have encounter a bug.

I'm on India path, it says :
"
India: Train the new girls.
India Location: India Office
"

on the guide but everytime i click on Office Building, i got a discussion between India and me and when i click leave i'm back on the map. So i can't access the Office.

What shall i do?

PS : I put a screen of the end of the discussion in case of code checking.
Is teh save youre playing off from 0.17? Some people playing off old saves had been having the correct sequence break for them. If you download the save on the front page and play off that you should be able to continue.

kwalicious

Dec 4, 2016
It says on india path: India: Train the new girls.

but when i meet sara the option is not there. I have trained three girls so far.

Yurij

Sep 11, 2017
I wrote a simple cheat mod for the game that adds some keyboard shortcuts.
To install extract the file to the game folder and run the 'apply_mods.bat' file.
Should work for future versions as long as the underlying variables doesn't change.
  • Press 'T' to rewind the time one step at a time until morning, only works on the main map
    (be careful with this, you might get trapped in a loop)
  • Press 'U' to be able to use the app on all characters once more that day
  • Press 'O' to set your charges and cash to 10000
You need to move somewhere for the window to update.
The mod will output some information when used to the console (press F12 in most browsers)

If you want to change the keys open the 'mods/script.js' and change the keys on line 3,4 and 5 (needs to be upper-case).

I did borrow the patch script from this mod by botnet for College Daze.

UPDATE: I have added a requirement to be on the main map for the time rewind to be safer from loops

Last edited:

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
I understand if it slow going right now. I'd just mention that the game if still super early. I like games that make you start off having a hard time and ramp up to make you feel powerful. That can only happen if its hard to get charge at the start.
Oh, i don't mind games that make it slow. what i mean is that usually there would be something to make it a "fap" material even in the early game. like voyeur events, or things like that.
and i mean, there are things here, you can spy in the bathroom and the dream gifs. but at the start they are far in between.

Nov 22, 2022
No Problem with a slow progression. Story wise.
To the charge mechanic. Your game isn't that grindy if you know what to do. I played it for the first time yesterday.
I used this thread to figured it out. Thanks to all people which have posted all the hints needed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If some of you know a better way. Feel free to give me feedback.

Last edited:

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for the save. So far as I can tell, at some point in $indiaStory 27 the correct sequence got broken some how. It isn't an issue for people playing through that part of the game fresh, I dont think.
Fresh on the latest version, still got stuck at India, to me it seems that having the dialogue with India about the model house doesn't unlock the model house and moves on. Always the same dialogue with her when she is at work.
Resetting indiaStory to 27 as suggested by another user does not fix it, I just get to have the conversation about Veronica getting fired again in the livingroom.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Fresh on the latest version, still got stuck at India, to me it seems that having the dialogue with India about the model house doesn't unlock the model house and moves on. Always the same dialogue with her when she is at work.
Resetting indiaStory to 27 as suggested by another user does not fix it, I just get to have the conversation about Veronica getting fired again in the livingroom.
That conversation is not intended to unlock the model home. You unlock the modle home in a conversation in indias office with Veronica. Did you get that conversation? If you have a save handy could you send it to me so i can have a look.

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
That conversation is not intended to unlock the model home. You unlock the modle home in a conversation in indias office with Veronica. Did you get that conversation? If you have a save handy could you send it to me so i can have a look.
Sure I got the save. Hopefully it can help you in the search for the elusive bug.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I'm not seeing a bug in this screenshot. Whats the issue?
I can’t progress both Alex and Leah. I go to Alex on Friday evening in the gym and it says she is busy and I should come another time. The same with Leah’s gym, I go to Leah’s gym in the evening and it says she’s busy again

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Sure I got the save. Hopefully it can help you in the search for the elusive bug.
Thanks bud. I'll give a poke at it and see what i can find.

I can’t progress both Alex and Leah. I go to Alex on Friday evening in the gym and it says she is busy and I should come another time. The same with Leah’s gym, I go to Leah’s gym in the evening and it says she’s busy again
Have you attuned to them at their normal spots?

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I wrote a simple cheat mod for the game that adds some keyboard shortcuts.
To install extract the file to the game folder and run the 'apply_mods.bat' file.
Should work for future versions as long as the underlying variables doesn't change.
  • Press 'T' to rewind the time one step at a time until morning
  • Press 'U' to be able to use the app on all characters once more that day
  • Press 'O' to set your charges and cash to 10000
You need to move somewhere for the window to update.

If you want to change the keys open the 'mods/script.js' and change the keys on line 3,4 and 5 (needs to be upper-case).

I did borrow the patch script from this mod by botnet for College Daze.
Heads up to anyone using this. There are points in the game where rewinding time in the wrong spot will absolutely trap you in a loop. I wouldn't recommend rewinding anywhere other than the main map screen. Even then, be careful.

Ah man! This seems to have broken the sequence in a totally different way to the last save I looked at. Can you do me a favor and pull the save on the front page and play that. I can't tell from your save where you got knocked off the rails. If you play that save and let me know what you missed it should help me track down the issue.

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
Ah man! This seems to have broken the sequence in a totally different way to the last save I looked at. Can you do me a favor and pull the save on the front page and play that. I can't tell from your save where you got knocked off the rails. If you play that save and let me know what you missed it should help me track down the issue.
Tried the save, but it seems broken as well.

When loading it I'm in a room with Sara,
1670952266411.png
and the option to leave. When trying to leave I get
1670951951893.png
and gets sent back to Sara. Fooling around with Sara and I end up here:
1670952338449.png
Leaving still gives the indication that I am trying to attune to India, and gets me sent back.

Going crazy on the back button, eventually got me to map, where I could go forward from, but when I reached the place with India where I was stuck before, I get stuck again, morning and afternoon at the Office Building always gives same conversation ending here:
1670953029315.png

Edit: Redownloading the 18.1 fix seems to have fixed the issues.
Also noticed a difference: the Directory in the appartment building no longer lists Leah's gym on the first floor.

Another edit:
1670955110777.png
Double line for Veruca doing the same, mostly a slight annoyance but should still be looked into when you get time for polishing.
Upload without watching is bugged too, it doesn't advance time or disappear, making it a clicky way to earn some easy cash.

Last edited:

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Edit: Redownloading the 18.1 fix seems to have fixed the issues.
Also noticed a difference: the Directory in the appartment building no longer lists Leah's gym on the first floor.

Another edit:
View attachment 2233284
Double line for Veruca doing the same, mostly a slight annoyance but should still be looked into when you get time for polishing.
Upload without watching is bugged too, it doesn't advance time or disappear, making it a clicky way to earn some easy cash.
Were you already playing off 18.1? I have no idea why redownloading it would fix the problem?

Did you manage to spot the point where you got knocked off the rails in your first playthrough? If I can find the scene that's getting skipped I should be able to narrow down where the problem is happening.

Yurij

Sep 11, 2017
Heads up to anyone using this. There are points in the game where rewinding time in the wrong spot will absolutely trap you in a loop. I wouldn't recommend rewinding anywhere other than the main map screen. Even then, be careful.
I never realized this. I added a requirement to be on the main map in the mod and added a warning to the post

Reactions: AmusingOddity

Greedix

Dec 26, 2018
Gah, I need an outlet for the only thing in the game that bothers me. Feel free to skip over this post. It's going to be my personal whining session.

Most of the writing in this is actually outstanding. A lot of the interactions don't feel forced at all. A welcome change to the normal writing you see on here.

The only one that is a dumpster fire is Jessica. His goal is to quietly subdue the college followed by the town and yet the first thing he does is use his TA to suck off students? Not to mention the fact that he is borderline obsessive with keeping all the other girls to himself yet with this one storyline all that gets tossed out the window. It doesn't make sense to me.

This is the only gripe I have with the game thus far. I only push through this part of the story when I have no other activity in game to do. Which is a little sad cause I'm a sucker for redheads.

Ok, whining finished.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
Gah, I need an outlet for the only thing in the game that bothers me. Feel free to skip over this post. It's going to be my personal whining session.

Most of the writing in this is actually outstanding. A lot of the interactions don't feel forced at all. A welcome change to the normal writing you see on here.

The only one that is a dumpster fire is Jessica. His goal is to quietly subdue the college followed by the town and yet the first thing he does is use his TA to suck off students? Not to mention the fact that he is borderline obsessive with keeping all the other girls to himself yet with this one storyline all that gets tossed out the window. It doesn't make sense to me.

This is the only gripe I have with the game thus far. I only push through this part of the story when I have no other activity in game to do. Which is a little sad cause I'm a sucker for redheads.

Ok, whining finished.
That is temporary. The reason is that ,once the game is finished, you will have the choice to make all (or at least the main characters)private or public sluts. The private paths just get developed first. The only exception I know of (from this forum) is Jessica, her public path is mandatory for the story arc. Her path is important though, as it's the only way to get to the college boss.

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
But I have a question about the new Elliot solo path. If you go that way,do you also get a Romi solo path?

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes