HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Manga-fan

Jul 2, 2018
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.
The Save Edit Online tool (can be found via google) can also be used to cheat in HTML games as long as you make an external save file.

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Is there a public route planned for Katerina? She would be the perfect type of person for a public route and also help the workers to have a little more authority over her. It would be an interesting way to proceed with things

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Dude I know you're currently focusing on the private lane, but with Leah do you plan on putting in like 3-4 shots of the public lane like you did with the other main characters? Or will you only add something when you finish a certain one of hers?

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Dude I know you're currently focusing on the private lane, but with Leah do you plan on putting in like 3-4 shots of the public lane like you did with the other main characters? Or will you only add something when you finish a certain one of hers?
The people that have short parts of their public arc have had them since literally the games first release. I put them there mostly to give an idea of what those arcs are going to look like. Leah's private arc is now at a point where I need to recruit people for the club, could be 5 or 6 updates in that. Once those are done I'll be onto her public arc.

mistafu

Jan 19, 2018
found a typo or rather an grammar error:
" Even though you'd been waiting for her to talk her sudden, near shout startles you. "
should be " Even though you'd been waiting for her to talk, her sudden near shout startles you. " i guess. Not a native speaker but i had to read that sentence 3 times before i knew what was going on :D.
It's when Karlee first time tries to apologize in the kitchen.

Other than that great game :).

Reactions: AmusingOddity

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Resize your browser window to make it smaller so that the invisible rectangle around Elliot's picture does not overlap with the "Leave" button. Alternatively, try clicking on the rightmost part of that button.
Or in my case, I just closed the sidebar and it worked.
Thanks for the idea of changing window sizes. Good Job

Cheers

Voxtex009

Jul 24, 2022
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.
Screenshot (10).png
it shows me this...

Apr 21, 2023
I find it simpler to use FireFox

Press F12
Select "console"
Type SugarCube
Type SugarCube.State.variables

Click the little arrow and a list will appear, find what you want to edit

Lets say you want to edit Charge in this example then you'd type

SugarCube.State.variables.charge = 90

You can also "Copy and Paste" to save time if you plan to do it again

Note that this is Case sensitive, I've learned that one a little late

Voxtex009

Jul 24, 2022
I find it simpler to use FireFox

Press F12
Select "console"
Type SugarCube
Type SugarCube.State.variables

Click the little arrow and a list will appear, find what you want to edit

Lets say you want to edit Charge in this example then you'd type

SugarCube.State.variables.charge = 90

You can also "Copy and Paste" to save time if you plan to do it again

Note that this is Case sensitive, I've learned that one a little late
It worked thank you so much!

Dimka2010

Feb 15, 2018
Hello! Found a bug.
No AJ activity in her quest.
Played last time in 15.1 version. And loaded the old save in 0.23 version.
PS^ stop play. I will wait a fix.

Last edited:

Dimka2010

Feb 15, 2018
And another question.
i am played in 15.1 last version.
so.. i had not the choose between single or dual line of plot with Eliot and his Mother.

Or i something not understand?
how i can start their single (separating) routs while i have the "end" here in my tips?
PS: save the same as i am posted upper.

Last edited:

Dimka2010

Feb 15, 2018
And an idea for a developer. You can add here after the names as a percentage how much the character has completed. This will be immediately clear to both you (when starting the save) and him during the loading of tips how much he approximately passed this or that character.
percentages are easy to calculate - you know how many events are in the game for India as example (56 in version 0.23, so its 100%), you know which specific event the player is currently on. And calculate the percentage. I think it would be cool.

Reactions: Kavalor

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Hello! Found a bug.
No AJ activity in her quest.
Played last time in 15.1 version. And loaded the old save in 0.23 version.
PS^ stop play. I will wait a fix.
At the top of the guide it mentions that the guide is pointing you at story progress locations. You still need to talk to the character in question to have the app attuned to them. If you attune to AJ at school you'll be good to go.

And another question.
i am played in 15.1 last version.
so.. i had not the choose between single or dual line of plot with Eliot and his Mother.

Or i something not understand?
how i can start their single (separating) routs while i have the "end" here in my tips?
PS: save the same as i am posted upper.
The split from their joint route to split routes for each character was added after your save was made. It now happens very early in their route.

Every character is going to have public and private routes, so having a second save if you're interested in seeing both is recommended.

And an idea for a developer. You can add here after the names as a percentage how much the character has completed. This will be immediately clear to both you (when starting the save) and him during the loading of tips how much he approximately passed this or that character.
percentages are easy to calculate - you know how many events are in the game for India as example (56 in version 0.23, so its 100%), you know which specific event the player is currently on. And calculate the percentage. I think it would be cool.
That's a very good idea. I'll add it to my todo list. For the moment, you can see how far you are in a characters available content by going into the stats screen on the sidebar.

Robbini

Sep 29, 2017
Having struggled with getting the last few updates done with in one go, is there any way to fix Katarina's line without restarting to 0.20 ?
Either resetting her story without restarting the game or fixing it somehow else ?
Not necessarily this update, but sometime.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Each npc has a state variable (a number) indicating their story progress. It would be a matter of changing that value to jump to another point in their story. The problem is that certain events initialize or change variables associated with the npc as necessary. TLDR: if you poke it in the console you can easily break this npc and possibly other related npc's.

Now with warning issued, it is generally safer to go backwards in time. For example, you hit someone's path divergence between private and public but forgot to save there. You can look up that passage in the html source to figure out the number you need to poke in at the console (actually number minus one to put npc at previous state).

Notice I mention html source. So, you are giong to need to look at the source to figure out what number goes to which passage. Nobody has bothered yet to write a walkthrough including a "state machine diagram" (google that) for each npc, have fun with your new DIY project. If you are not into learning Twine/SugarCube, abandon all hope.

Having struggled with getting the last few updates done with in one go, is there any way to fix Katarina's line without restarting to 0.20 ?
Either resetting her story without restarting the game or fixing it somehow else ?
Not necessarily this update, but sometime.

IlluP

Jun 21, 2020
Hi, I was wondering what game are the screenshots taken when you play games with hello clitty?

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes