HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
IMG_0286.png IMG_0287.png
My guide says to meet Leah in morning/afternoon but when I go there, I only get the above options, any help would be appreciated!

Jan 18, 2021
I made it all the way to see the values that I want to change, however I can't figure out how to change the value.
It may sound stupid, but did you actually validate the command by hitting Enter/Return after typing the new values?

Most current browsers start showing the value of a variable even before you have entered the command, so it is easy to misled into thinking that you have entered everything correctly when you start seeing a value. But the command will only be executed for real after you press Enter/Return.

Apr 21, 2023
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.

I made it all the way to see the values that I want to change, however I can't figure out how to change the value.
I youtube'd SugarCube to see if a video could help, tried a few things... Welp, I give up

Seems to be 2 locations for cash and charge, I can only change the value of the first.

Any one know what I should be typing to change the value of cash and charge?

Apr 21, 2023
It may sound stupid, but did you actually validate the command by hitting Enter/Return after typing the new values?

Most current browsers start showing the value of a variable even before you have entered the command, so it is easy to misled into thinking that you have entered everything correctly when you start seeing a value. But the command will only be executed for real after you press Enter/Return.
I indeed pressed enter which changed a cash value but not the cash value I needed it seems. Not sure why there are 2 value locations, is that normal?

I've tried several different ways but the last one I tried was

SugarCube then SugarCube.State.Variables.Cash = 444

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
Two things to keep in mind:
  • The values that you change in the variables will not show up on the page immediately. If you change the value of SugarCube.State.variables.cash, then the game will still show the old value until you perform some action in the game that refreshes the page.
  • Variables are case-sensitive: SugarCube.State.variables.cash is not the same as SugarCube.State.variables.Cash (only the former one with the lowercase "cash" is used in the game).

Reactions: I don't really know
Apr 21, 2023
Two things to keep in mind:
  • The values that you change in the variables will not show up on the page immediately. If you change the value of SugarCube.State.variables.cash, then the game will still show the old value until you perform some action in the game that refreshes the page.
  • Variables are case-sensitive: SugarCube.State.variables.cash is not the same as SugarCube.State.variables.Cash (only the former one with the lowercase "cash" is used in the game).
It was indeed a case sensitivity issue, using lower case worked. OMG, I've been messing with this for hours and it was simply that?

Thank you for helping educate the uneducated

Jan 18, 2021
It was indeed a case sensitivity issue, using lower case worked. OMG, I've been messing with this for hours and it was simply that?

Thank you for helping educate the uneducated
You are welcome.

The "duplicate" variables that you created by accident while using the incorrect capitalization will remain in your game and could confuse you later. If you want to clean up, you can try entering the following command in the console: delete SugarCube.State.variables.Cash; this will delete the incorrect variable and only leave the correct one (lowercase "cash").

Reactions: I don't really know

traplover19

Nov 4, 2018
SluttownUSAHometownCorruption-0.23
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
my pc froze to a crawl after downloading this specific torrent and rar is that normal?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
my pc froze to a crawl after downloading this specific torrent and rar is that normal?
must be a very old CPU you are using. possibly a dual core or so. at that point, your cpu is dedicating its cores to unpack the 7z file (it aint a rar!, we do 7z) and if you dont have many cores to begin with, one core will be switching between doing chores for its system and unpacking the 7z file and that causes a massive lag on the pc.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
My guide says to meet Leah in morning/afternoon but when I go there, I only get the above options, any help would be appreciated!
Talk to Leah in the guy when Eve is there. That's where you attune the app to her. Then you can meet her in her apartment to continue her story.

View attachment 2615697
Can't find hacker and Elliot quest in update
Romi and Elliot have started new solo routes. Your save is on their joint path. You'll need a new save.

Reactions: Billshwr

traplover19

Nov 4, 2018
must be a very old CPU you are using. possibly a dual core or so. at that point, your cpu is dedicating its cores to unpack the 7z file (it aint a rar!, we do 7z) and if you dont have many cores to begin with, one core will be switching between doing chores for its system and unpacking the 7z file and that causes a massive lag on the pc.
That's the problem I'm running a quad-core processor with a 3060 ti series card
It's mostly my failing hdd but while files move rather slow this file is the only thing that basically forced me to turn my computer of a total of 5 times right now

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
That's the problem I'm running a quad-core processor with a 3060 ti series card
It's mostly my failing hdd but while files move rather slow this file is the only thing that basically forced me to turn my computer of a total of 5 times right now
uff, you are using your OS on a hdd?
if you also unpack a zip on the same hdd, then it could also cause massive lag on the system.

anyway, nothing wrong with our 7z themselves. im working with em on a daily basis.

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
Talk to Leah in the guy when Eve is there. That's where you attune the app to her. Then you can meet her in her apartment to continue her story.

Romi and Elliot have started new solo routes. Your save is on their joint path. You'll need a new save.
What days is Eve in the gym?

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes