Unity Completed Snake Thompson [HoneyGames]

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes

fransdeboiz

Feb 26, 2018
Game speed is unplayable, which is a shame. I like the overall look of the characters and the game sounds interesting. I'll continue to check the thread and IF the speed problem is ever addressed I'll try again.
the story its good. if u like just enjoy mate. the game still progress maybe dev fix later :p

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
I can't do nothing about the game speed. I think it's the unity system that it's heavy. I Optimized all the files and get the text going faster. I don't know what else could I do. It's a pretty complex game with a complex mechanics (especially in level 1 to 10) so I don't have any solution at the moment

fransdeboiz

Feb 26, 2018
I can't do nothing about the game speed. I think it's the unity system that it's heavy. I Optimized all the files and get the text going faster. I don't know what else could I do. It's a pretty complex game with a complex mechanics (especially in level 1 to 10) so I don't have any solution at the moment
maybe the problem that ur save game in regristry. why u not move to appdata\locallow or \roaming?
i play ur game with watching video i feel my video slow too. idont know it other feel too. different if u play without open anything more faster. but idk. cause this is the first time i see unity game i played save in regristry. :)

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
maybe the problem that ur save game in regristry. why u not move to appdata\locallow or \roaming?
i play ur game with watching video i feel my video slow too. idont know it other feel too. different if u play without open anything more faster. but idk. cause this is the first time i see unity game i played save in regristry. :)
I'll try... I don't know nothing about it. I start make game 1 year ago circa and I use tutorial to learn everything.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
the story its good. if u like just enjoy mate. the game still progress maybe dev fix later :p
I'm no talking about speed that's mildly annoying, I mean it is absolutely UNPLAYABLE. 1-2 min for a screen to load is not uncommon. My system isn't a high-speed low-drag state of the art gaming rig, but it should handle this without any problem. I've used it for 3D modeling with Inventor, AutoCAD, Blender, etc. Many of the games on here are also loaded with animations which all run fine also.
Is it graphics intensive? I do have a video card I've never installed - I'm too lazy and have honestly never had a need for it! The only reason I can come up with for the game lag is extensive use of the GPU. My system doesn't have one ATM, I'm running the onboard graphics processor.

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
I'm no talking about speed that's mildly annoying, I mean it is absolutely UNPLAYABLE. 1-2 min for a screen to load is not uncommon. My system isn't a high-speed low-drag state of the art gaming rig, but it should handle this without any problem. I've used it for 3D modeling with Inventor, AutoCAD, Blender, etc. Many of the games on here are also loaded with animations which all run fine also.
Is it graphics intensive? I do have a video card I've never installed - I'm too lazy and have honestly never had a need for it! The only reason I can come up with for the game lag is extensive use of the GPU. My system doesn't have one ATM, I'm running the onboard graphics processor.
Honestly I don't know How to solve this.
I know that some people have problems like yours with my games , but I don't have this problem so I don't know how to find a solution... when I try something different settings I don't know if it works or not because in my game experience nothing change.
I put the all the level to the lower. I'll try to understand how move the game to the appdata roaming and not in registry and maybe it will work better.

May 20, 2017
@HoneyGames Your games literally have one of the best storylines but the gameplay makes it difficult to access almost all of the content. Please do something about it. I wish for all your games to get better execution as I am a fan of it.

Adalraf

Oct 5, 2017
@HoneyGames I've got a GTX970 and while playing the game it is always at 100% load, which is quite strange since there are only static images on screen. Fullscreen at 1080p I'm getting 15 fps, windowed with slightliy lower resolution I'm getting 17fps. It seems to be something on the programming side because I have no problem running unity games that are A LOT more graphic intensive. Is there a specific reason you are using Unity, it would seem like Renpy or something was made for this type of game.

White195

Dec 18, 2017
Am having a bit of a issue.
I just started playing, (still on level 3), i met Zoe, got the bouncer job then i met her at the beach.
First thing she says to me is if i want to join her.. then she speaks about the great sex they've had and she wants to follow up with patrick.

What.. i just met her, Snake and Zoe haven't slept togethere.. whats triggering this?

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
Am having a bit of a issue.
I just started playing, (still on level 3), i met Zoe, got the bouncer job then i met her at the beach.
First thing she says to me is if i want to join her.. then she speaks about the great sex they've had and she wants to follow up with patrick.

What.. i just met her, Snake and Zoe haven't slept togethere.. whats triggering this?
Yes. there is an Issue in Zoe storyline and sometimes you jump that step. I create that issues to fix another one in this way it doesn't give problem to the game storyline.
I'm planning how to resolve it in the final version. I'm working on it in the next days.

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
@HoneyGames I've got a GTX970 and while playing the game it is always at 100% load, which is quite strange since there are only static images on screen. Fullscreen at 1080p I'm getting 15 fps, windowed with slightliy lower resolution I'm getting 17fps. It seems to be something on the programming side because I have no problem running unity games that are A LOT more graphic intensive. Is there a specific reason you are using Unity, it would seem like Renpy or something was made for this type of game.
I start programming games last year and I use unity. I tried renpy but unity it's easier for me ( I really didn't know nothing about coding until 1 years and half ago). Unity got some asset who help me and now I'm able to build complex game.
In the meantime I'm trying to learn how to optimize it, I'm sure there is a way to make the game lighter but I'm already working on it and I'm trying to discover how it work. I start from schratch on december 2016 and I take the fast way to get what I was searching, now I'm trying to make it better and in the right way. In every game I made I do something better then the last one. So I hope I continue to get better.
Sorry for my english.
At the moment I 'm working at 2 games ( 1 I started with a friend a friend but now he left) so when I'll end snake in the next episode I'll have more free time for study.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
what config?
I meant what kind of PC you got, CPU / RAM / VCARD.
Mine is a few years old and manage to work with all the games here on the forum, so if i have the tech info of someone who runs this game smoothly, i would know if i ttry again or let it go.
Because my first attempt was a failure, took me 10 mns to pass the intro ! So i wish not to blame the dev if the problem is my hardware, won't be fair.

fransdeboiz

Feb 26, 2018
I meant what kind of PC you got, CPU / RAM / VCARD.
Mine is a few years old and manage to work with all the games here on the forum, so if i have the tech info of someone who runs this game smoothly, i would know if i ttry again or let it go.
Because my first attempt was a failure, took me 10 mns to pass the intro ! So i wish not to blame the dev if the problem is my hardware, won't be fair.
im not fastest pc too just core 2 quad with 8gb ram and geforce gt 630 2gb only. but if i love the story i just enjoyed the play no matter what dev make it. if i dont like the story i dont play although dev make that game perfect but story not good. that simple. :)

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

fransdeboiz

Feb 26, 2018
just enjoy it mate. the story its realy good. i prefer play then create the game. so i respect any dev to make game that make me enjoyed. i can see story when erika rob you middle sleep by point to your dick and run away with all your money hahahaha :p but part 3 just end when u follow brad to warehouse. i pass that to see what come next :)

fransdeboiz

Feb 26, 2018
u can pass all skill and money so not grindding just follow the story with chat the person involed in that game. so its fun to me to enjoy the story with no worried about money and other like fighting level, charm level, hunger level, wanted level, time and date, (girl and boy level quest, char level and girl love point. but do not change that u can miss the story).

anhkhoa

Mar 4, 2018
i am stuck at level 18 and i can follow brad because of my motorbike ,and the game is stop from lv18 on sunday ,i also take glen and roxanne videos and make her get the software .how can i get a faster bike and continute the game
pls help me ,thank you very much

fransdeboiz

Feb 26, 2018
i am stuck at level 18 and i can follow brad because of my motorbike ,and the game is stop from lv18 on sunday ,i also take glen and roxanne videos and make her get the software .how can i get a faster bike and continute the game
pls help me ,thank you very much
u must meet estella at stripclub in weekends after that u must kill latino boss at surburbs in the morning.then talk to estella she will help u to uprade ur motorbike with cost $600

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes