Unity Completed Snake Thompson [HoneyGames]

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes

lucas69

Nov 18, 2016
I can't do nothing about the game speed. I think it's the unity system that it's heavy. I Optimized all the files and get the text going faster. I don't know what else could I do. It's a pretty complex game with a complex mechanics (especially in level 1 to 10) so I don't have any solution at the moment
I think that if you fix the speed in your game your Patreon page will make at least 10 times what you make today. This game and also your other ones - NCCU, King of the Beach, etc. - are all of a very high standard imo, but ALL of them run very very slow.

It's a hardware problem that I only encountered in your games, I run everything else fine, I have a good PC. Again, I'm sure you will make a lot of money once you get this shit right - good luck in the future!

Reactions: HoneyGames

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
Every attempt I make to try and play this game results in my laptop becoming unresponsive and/or ridiculously laggy. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Have tried this game a few times now. Am not able to get past level 4 and then just run out of money.
I can work at the garage for 3 hours to get $40. It says £30 but you get $40, but you need to do that 5 times a week to get the $200, but with the money for food, fighting a couple of times, I just dont have time to do anything else.
Some posts here are about working as a bouncer. No idea how that starts. Any walkthrough? Why is the game so hard?

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Ok so I finally downloaded and tried this game for the first time, played more than 6 hours strait and got to the steal a bike mission. Am level 9.. anyways, here's my take of the game:

Slow text, mentioned by many others I know, yes I read all posts in the 14 pages made here so far.
Slow grind.. makes it more realistic but also boring as hell.

Very few in game clues, so without a proper walk-through/game-guide you kinda click most locations in hope to see a possible action.. slows down game play a lot as well.. like having no clue what to do or where and when.

Downloaded the game guide posted on these forum pages somewhere, hard to read and understand, much less make any sense of, it's like a spiderweb without any direction leads, so it would be nice if someone could improve that guide with actual step by step information, like how many points to have with a girl before this and that event trickers, how to to earn said points and when max is reached for that kind of event in points.
Like offer her a drink gives 1 point, up to a max of 10, then you take her to dinner until she has 20 points, etc. etc.
(above is just an example, not from the actual game)

After 6 hours I realized, by reading all the pages in here, that I can't get Estella to teach me how to hotwire a bike because I witnessed her BJ to the Latin Boss before I got a BJ from her, so all in all I have to restart from scratch now.
This could have been avoided with a proper game guide, instead of the confusing one provided.
I spend like ½ hour trying to figure out the walkhroughs event schedule thing, learned very little and became more confused on what to do and when.

Zoe is up to 25 points and fingered her a few times on the beach, fought the 2 latin dudes in the bar, helped by patrick, Zoe gave us beer for that like 2 times.. and then at beach all the sudden she informs we had great sex but she won't do it any more because bla bla.. well guess the MC had a black out cuz I didn't see any sex..
Then the Dev informs in here, that the Zoe first sex scene is cut to fix a story progression bug or something and is working on a fix... Frustrated much? Yep!

Picture Freeze when asking Estella in Garage how to hot wire a bike, the middle picture of us speaking becomes the game background, maybe due to the fact she won't teach me?

Lastly it is annoying there is no hot key info like anywhere!
How to get to main menu to close down the game again? I had to use alt + tab and close it from the windows lower task bar, gotta be a more user friendly way, right?

With all the negative stuff above, I have to say the game and story does have potential, it's just a shame few got the patience to actually keep playing to reach the good stuff and see more of the potential.

Reactions: lucas69

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
So how can I pass level 4?:FeelsBadMan:
YOU should go to cherlyl house watch your brother pc search. specillly about meth.

then you need to past the mission with the blackmAN with patrick at the suburbs

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
Ok so I finally downloaded and tried this game for the first time, played more than 6 hours strait and got to the steal a bike mission. Am level 9.. anyways, here's my take of the game:

Slow text, mentioned by many others I know, yes I read all posts in the 14 pages made here so far.
Slow grind.. makes it more realistic but also boring as hell.

Very few in game clues, so without a proper walk-through/game-guide you kinda click most locations in hope to see a possible action.. slows down game play a lot as well.. like having no clue what to do or where and when.

Downloaded the game guide posted on these forum pages somewhere, hard to read and understand, much less make any sense of, it's like a spiderweb without any direction leads, so it would be nice if someone could improve that guide with actual step by step information, like how many points to have with a girl before this and that event trickers, how to to earn said points and when max is reached for that kind of event in points.
Like offer her a drink gives 1 point, up to a max of 10, then you take her to dinner until she has 20 points, etc. etc.
(above is just an example, not from the actual game)

After 6 hours I realized, by reading all the pages in here, that I can't get Estella to teach me how to hotwire a bike because I witnessed her BJ to the Latin Boss before I got a BJ from her, so all in all I have to restart from scratch now.
This could have been avoided with a proper game guide, instead of the confusing one provided.
I spend like ½ hour trying to figure out the walkhroughs event schedule thing, learned very little and became more confused on what to do and when.

Zoe is up to 25 points and fingered her a few times on the beach, fought the 2 latin dudes in the bar, helped by patrick, Zoe gave us beer for that like 2 times.. and then at beach all the sudden she informs we had great sex but she won't do it any more because bla bla.. well guess the MC had a black out cuz I didn't see any sex..
Then the Dev informs in here, that the Zoe first sex scene is cut to fix a story progression bug or something and is working on a fix... Frustrated much? Yep!

Picture Freeze when asking Estella in Garage how to hot wire a bike, the middle picture of us speaking becomes the game background, maybe due to the fact she won't teach me?

Lastly it is annoying there is no hot key info like anywhere!
How to get to main menu to close down the game again? I had to use alt + tab and close it from the windows lower task bar, gotta be a more user friendly way, right?

With all the negative stuff above, I have to say the game and story does have potential, it's just a shame few got the patience to actually keep playing to reach the good stuff and see more of the potential.

First of all
Thank you for the review.
Then... You can learn how to hotwire the bike from your pc, you have to buy it check it on your motel room

Yes, there is a couple of events not perfect, I plan to fix everything when I'll finish part 5of5... I'll make a rebuild of some things about the game and probably I'll add a couple of scenes (especially I'll fix MC/Zoe/patrick events than non are messed up in the beginning of their storyline... I can't o it now because there is the risk I fucked up all the rest of the game)

I know the first 12/13 level could be too much difficult, the game will become easier later. I plan to sempify first levels when I'll rebuild.

I'm also studying how to make the game lighter for the gpu. At the moments I have no solution and all my games have the same problems.

To write a complete walkthru is difficult becauese there are so much different storyline who interact with each others. I'll do it but I have to find the way to make also a simple scheme or it became a book.

I'm glad you like the game and you said there is potential also if it's difficult and not perfect yet. I hope I can solve some of the problems you find to give all of you a nice game experience.

Reactions: DragonFire

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
First of all
Thank you for the review.
Then... You can learn how to hotwire the bike from your pc, you have to buy it check it on your motel room

Yes, there is a couple of events not perfect, I plan to fix everything when I'll finish part 5of5... I'll make a rebuild of some things about the game and probably I'll add a couple of scenes (especially I'll fix MC/Zoe/patrick events than non are messed up in the beginning of their storyline... I can't o it now because there is the risk I fucked up all the rest of the game)

I know the first 12/13 level could be too much difficult, the game will become easier later. I plan to sempify first levels when I'll rebuild.

I'm also studying how to make the game lighter for the gpu. At the moments I have no solution and all my games have the same problems.

To write a complete walkthru is difficult becauese there are so much different storyline who interact with each others. I'll do it but I have to find the way to make also a simple scheme or it became a book.

I'm glad you like the game and you said there is potential also if it's difficult and not perfect yet. I hope I can solve some of the problems you find to give all of you a nice game experience.
First off, thank you for your kind and fast response, is so cool and nice when the actual game dev respond to us in here :)

Secondly, I might be able to help in some way to redesign your walk through, the schematic is a mess to figure out, might only make sense to people who already know most of the game events, it's like notes for you who make the game, not so much for a new player with questions, hehe, and yeah it might become a larger novel to read but shouldn't be too difficult once ya get a hang of writing it.

Suggestion would be to write about every girl and make short lines for each event, what they require of points, when/where/how to earn those etc.
If interactions/events with other NPC's needs to be done first, make a link scroll down thing which direct to the place in the guide where those are. Makes it easier for the reader if indeed the walk through becomes a "book" :)

I backtracked to a level 3 save game and took it from there and discovered more about the event/story set-up.

Hints to all who start playing this: If you want to see the sex scenes, do not progress the story until all flirts/sexual events with the possible girls within your level stop getting relationship points. Keep a close eye to the status thing, and when you discover what gives points, keep doing it till it doesn't.

In Zoe's case, her first point cap is 25, after beach event plays out to it's fullest.
Then go to the Bar right after, at 19:00, Talk to Patrick, then do Bouncer job, Zoe should interrupt it with her fist sex scene.
That's how I recall I got it, finally.. it seams to be a precise hour that tricker it and must be done before any Latino fights, as far as I recall.
It might have been enter bar at 18:00, talk to Patrick and do bouncer job at 19:00, don't shoot me if my tired mind remembered incorrectly, please :winkytongue:
After that scene her points go up to 40 and that appear a new cap until something else has been played through.. still unknown to me exactly what.

My game had to be closed down after learning how to hot wire a bike, tends to happen after playing the game for a while, not sure if there is only a few places in the game that can do that, but closing game and starting it up again tend to be a short term fix, so save often and be sure to make best use of the 4 available save slots, just in case to back track if needed. :cool:

Reactions: HoneyGames

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
omg need money hack :D
Not really, as soon as you can Bounce, spend a few weeks making only money, it doesn't appear to disturb the story line progress to put that on halt for a while. Money grind is easy, but takes time of course.. work in Garage, can be done 3 times in a row if you go to sleep with 100% food in your belly, as ya will then wake up with 100% ;)
Then work out or sun tan till it's 18.00'ish, enter Bar and Bounce Job, eat, repeat.
Is boring but within an hour or so, ya should have a healthy stash of cash without a money cheat hack :p

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes