BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello again, all!
Thanks for waiting around, the newest version of SnakeByte Blue is up on my Patreon, right now!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And don’t worry, this release will be free to all of you on the 8th of February ! Until then, thank you for all the interest!

We need more gamedevs like you, honestly. All i can say is keep up the good work
D'awww, you'll make me blush! Thanks Wenchy reading comments like these really make my week! :D(y)

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
The screen turns black after every battle and I can't go on, is there a way to fix this?
2 quick fixes – First, make sure that you unzip Version F to its own folder, don’t overwrite Version E. Then you can take your save file from E (or D or whatever), which is in the www folder, and paste that into F. Note that upgrading directly from Demo and Version A saves are incompatible and you'll have to start a new game.

Speaking of which, Second, start a new game. I know, this sucks, but that’s the deal with making games in pieces, sometimes old save files just don’t play well anymore, for no reason. Well, not for No reason, but you get what i mean. Plus, this is the RPG maker engine… it is a fussy child at the best of times!

If neither of the above work, let me know – although I will need a bit more details that “every battle” ;) (Which map, what enemy, etc.) and I’ll look pop the bonnet and see what’s come loose. This was a bug in an older build which I thought fixed, and if its come back again I won’t be a happy bunny!

Either way, let me know and I’ll get it sorted ASAP

Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017
2 quick fixes – First, make sure that you unzip Version F to its own folder, don’t overwrite Version E. Then you can take your save file from E (or D or whatever), which is in the www folder, and paste that into F. Note that upgrading directly from Demo and Version A saves are incompatible and you'll have to start a new game.

Speaking of which, Second, start a new game. I know, this sucks, but that’s the deal with making games in pieces, sometimes old save files just don’t play well anymore, for no reason. Well, not for No reason, but you get what i mean. Plus, this is the RPG maker engine… it is a fussy child at the best of times!

If neither of the above work, let me know – although I will need a bit more details that “every battle” ;) (Which map, what enemy, etc.) and I’ll look pop the bonnet and see what’s come loose. This was a bug in an older build which I thought fixed, and if its come back again I won’t be a happy bunny!

Either way, let me know and I’ll get it sorted ASAP
I just started playing, wiht the most recent version (never played or downloaded the game before), and so far, every time you fight without skipping in Par-More Passage, after the fight the screen turns black. You can still move and save, but unless you encounter a new fight and choose to skip the battle, the screen remains black.

Reactions: BackAlley-GYC

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
SnakeByteBlue-0.01f
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
Win against Shaman > "Would you like to return to camp?" "Sure" > they don't loot the boss room > Hey, you know that keycard you need? Have fun going ALL the way back there.

And I'm also getting the black screen, but hey, it didn't crash after the Shaman fight, so I guess the game is still playable.

As far as the mechanics go, the Knowledge/Strength/Combat Skill division is unclear with what "power" and "effectiveness" mean, or which skills affect grapple.

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all!

First off, I’d like to apologise for the state of the release, that black screen bug was one I was confident I had gotten rid of. :censored: Anyway, here’s a patch to make it go away – all tested on my save file and on new games. I don’t want to bother the mods on here to have to redo the entire main thread, as I’ll just delete this next month when Version 0.02 (A) is made public.
In the meantime, I can’t have my dear players stumbling around in the dark! Just download and overwrite your Version (F) folder.

I also want to apologise to the RPG Maker engine, whom I blamed, as this was a user error. Er, not you guys, me guys. Instead of a fade in event, I had a fade out… Whoopsie. One of those little things that goes unnoticed by myself and my patreons somehow hahaha

While I’m here;

So a big thank you to all the quick reports, I hope this little stumble hasn’t put you off of the game! Version 0.02(A) will be available on the 15th (on patreon), and then released for free on the 8th of next month.

Until then, stay beautiful everyone!

Last edited:

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
But, in the game’s defence, your companion does literally say “let’s loot the place”, and you can see unopened chests, BEFORE the option to stay or leave appears. you did PICK go back to camp instead of looting, what were you expecting to happen? ;)
To be perfectly honest? For the rock moving puzzle to remain solved. :ROFLMAO:

I also updated the descriptions of the Knowledge, Combat Skill, and Luck to be clear that they add extra damage, while luck controls the chance to escape a grab. There are characters who tell you about this in the game via their “ChitChat” options, but as this is random, I get why it needed a better explanation.
I knew it affected the chance to escape a grab, but is it the only skill that affects that? (At least Evasion I'd assume is helpful.) And does Luck affect anything else? And it'd be nice to have a ballpark of how valuable a single point of luck is, even if you don't give hard values.

If both Knowledge and Strength affect damage (and without opening the game, I do think Strength is the one that is stated to affect both,) then again, you have to ask what ever makes Knowledge a pick over Strength. I think that I first went all in on Knowledge and felt like it did jack, but did fine damage when I reloaded and pumped Strength instead. (Both times using magic(soul) attacks.) Now, this could be a bug, but at the moment there's no way for me to tell.

For the characters telling me stuff, expect us (the players) to forget things every couple months.
For the PDF file? Personally indifferent, when the descriptions on the level up screen usually do the job.

Last edited:

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
I'm going to try again, and note bugs and feedback as I go. Don't know how far I'll get.

In the meantime, I can’t have my dear players stumbling around in the dark! Just download and overwrite your Version (F) folder.
You have the same bug in the Abandoned Tower area.

Significant bugs:

• The game crashed when I won the battle against Skittlings in the parents' bedroom. It doesn't happen every time, once in three so far.
  • After pleasing the orc in the cage and leaving with 6 Reserve Energy the game crashed (debug log in exit_orctent.zip) Doesn't happen every time.
  • The game crashes when the Shaman defeats you (just after the 'fairy godmother' message). Debug log in fail_shaman.zip
  • Game crashed when I went to the pool area east of the manor with high corruption. Debug log in pool_crash.zip Doesn't happen every time.

More minor bugs:

• When you're caught by vines in Kris' garden you are dropped to 1 Reserve Energy, but if you boost that with an item you can continue to garden. However, after having been caught once you will always be caught if you encounter vines again - even if it says 'SUCCESS' after 'STRUGGLE'. I would suggest that after she rescues you from the vine you be placed outside the garden.
  • In the fight outside the manor in the prologue Marcus says there will be a bonus item if you kill all the soulless, but you don't get anything.
  • 'Grab' in combat should be cancelled when the 'grabber' is killed by a different character, but it isn't.
  • The range on the 'Medicine' and 'Wake-me-up-cup' items seem to be wrong. You can't use them on yourself, or anyone directly adjacent in the four compass directions. But you can use it on someone up to five squares away. I would have expected pretty much the opposite (use on self, or immediately adjacent character)
  • Similarly the Soul Energy Pool works on anyone within five squares but not yourself.
  • In the 'Tri-path' route, down the middle, if you go down the rope to the shop Rio can be both in your party and standing by the shelves at the same time.
  • Same thing happens when you do the 'Camp Morale job' and Rio is in the party. She waits by the entrance to the camp, but after you go into and out of tents she's also following behind you.
  • Rio can equip Titles that Kyrsten earned.
Suggestions, questions and trivial bugs
  • What's with the 'Soar' on the Status screen for Kyrsten?
  • In battle maps, if you have long range attacks (like Energy Blast) they can go past the edge of the map and wrap around to the opposite side.
  • The KoZE morale quest is a bit confusing. Some events can cause you to fall asleep after them (Flirty Knight sex always does) the next day you've lost all your camp morale and have to start the quest again. I guess this is intentional?
  • If I'm playing new games every update then it would be nice if I could skip the 'scrolling wall of text' entirely instead of just speeding it up slightly.
  • When fighting, it would be nice if the cursor was moved to an active character after the enemies' turns end instead of staying where it was last.
  • It would also be cool if you could use [tab] to switch between active characters in battle.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Lord154

Jan 8, 2018
Hello all

One minor bug i have found. Even when you complete quest skittling here, skittling and have the skittlinh crown the quest appear in current quest list not in complete ones

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
May I expect some crumbs of incest in this game?
:oops:
You will be mercilessly teased with the possibility, but even after finishing the current content and getting everyone as high corruption and arousal as I could without ending the game I didn't get any actual incest scenes.

Also, don't bother maxing out Krysten's corruption for a game over scene - there isn't one for that.
One minor bug i have found. Even when you complete quest skittling here, skittling and have the skittlinh crown the quest appear in current quest list not in complete ones
I can confirm that. You don't get the equippable title for the quest either.

Lord154

Jan 8, 2018
Hello all

How can i find the second key for battle tower control room?
I can't find it anywhere

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Good morning everyone!

Sorry for being so quiet, I’ve been working pretty much all my dev time since Thursday on righting the wrongs in the game.

So I’d like to say a huge thank you to Anon21 for supplying the massive bug list, but more importantly, being able to shed some light on WHY the game was randomly crashing - a bug that has been plaguing the game for some time now – and it was a MASSIVE one! (That’s what she said;)). Anyway, you can read all about my adventures in that nightmare of a wonderland in the following link;

But safe to say, Version 0.02 (A) is now the most stable version of SnakeByte by far. So again, a huge thank you to Anon21 , as well as everyone else pointing out the bugs that I was also able to address.

Now then, as most of you are aware, SnakeByte 0.0.2 (A) will come out for my patreons this week (15th), and I said that the free version will be out on the 8th of next month… but I’m moving that date up, so we’re all playing on the same version of the game all the sooner.

I’m letting my Patreons have it for a week because they’re paying, but then all of you will get the new free release; date is the 22nd of February, and then next month we’ll go back to being three weeks behind Patreon releases.

Again, thank you so much to all the comments, reviews, and bug reports, they’re helping me make this the best experience I can for you all! And I hope to see you all next week for some more SnakeByte shenanigans!

Reactions: the_anthony
4.80 star(s) 6 Votes