Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
Correct me if I am wrong, but development of original game took 4 years. I'm guessing that, because of changes in development team and ensuing chaos, work really started around a year ago. My educated guess is that we can expect remaster next year in earliest. Depending if they work only on remaster or remaster and next part simultaneously.
What do you thing about my guesstimates?

Reactions: noms23

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Whoa. Jason actually looks pretty good now

im quite late. But it does look like the remake will have a decent amount more content. Nah e this game will realize some of the potential left all over the floor

Reactions: BrothersKeeper

noms23

Jul 5, 2020
I swear it seems they make more promotional artwork than for the actual game, don't they have four artists on this thing? Where is all the work going? A bottomless pit?
4 Artists but this is the actual art that they are planning to add in the game. they had to switch from RenPY to a new engine due to the limitations

noms23

Jul 5, 2020
Whoa. Jason actually looks pretty good now

im quite late. But it does look like the remake will have a decent amount more content. Nah e this game will realize some of the potential left all over the floor
The Remake is supposed to be 2 times larger then the base game from what i have seen in the discord

noms23

Jul 5, 2020
Correct me if I am wrong, but development of original game took 4 years. I'm guessing that, because of changes in development team and ensuing chaos, work really started around a year ago. My educated guess is that we can expect remaster next year in earliest. Depending if they work only on remaster or remaster and next part simultaneously.
What do you thing about my guesstimates?
You are correct. The Remaster and the New Day are all one thing from what i have seen. Most people in the discord are saying Next year, but outbreak games did say that they are putting up the steam page within this month but that can always change

noms23

Jul 5, 2020
Ostensibly these are all pieces of art for ingame scenes. There are a few neat things to glean from it if you read between the lines:

• The extra day appears to still be planned, judging by how many artworks we've seen with them all together.
  • The clothing control extra feature also appears to still be planned (or more accurately, it appears there are plans to retain it despite the stress it puts on a top to bottom redo of all of the game's art), since many artworks are being shared with nude alts.
  • We've seen art for a variety of scenes that 100% do not exist in the current game, doubling down on the confirmation that the redux is scenes and story as well as art.
  • If the extra day is not still on the table, we're getting a lot more multi-character interaction through the overall course of the story. Admittedly this isn't mutually exclusive, but it is notable because previously multi-character scenes were just floating portraits and textboxes until sexytimes happened.
There's probably more that can be read into it, but those are the easiest to substantiate based on what's been seen here.
From what i have seen, The Remaster and the Extra Day are together within the remaster. The Story has been rewritten and the game is supposed to be way bigger than the original version.

Last edited:

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
. they had to switch from RenPY to a new engine due to the limitations
…you have got to be kidding me here. Just when I’m being optimistic. Maybe I still can but this is not assuring…

Remember when this game started?It was called home invasion. It has entirely different designs and art. It was an entirely different thing

Then they remade the Entire game from scratch. Change the name. I think change the characters names. You heard it right folks the game has already been remade once.

Then they re did the art 2 or 3 more times before the final day. Anyone remember that? Hired a new artist? Significant delays?

Then after the final release they overhauled the art again.

I don’t need to go over the whole thing with announcing the extra day. But then they decide to revamp the art AGAIN this time instead of just the extra day.

THEN the switch artists entirely

THEN decide to remake the entire game from scratch.

THEN switch the entire engine?

They need to pick something, and stick with it. Every time they make a change like this, it increase the skins of work and delays this further. If they keep flip flopping and making massive changes, this will never come out.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I'm legitimately curious. What new engine are they using? Ren'Py is made for visual novels. And it can handle large art and odd sized art just fine. Heck, it can even handle paperdoll stacking if you know what you're doing.

noms23

Jul 5, 2020
…you have got to be kidding me here. Just when I’m being optimistic. Maybe I still can but this is not assuring…

Remember when this game started?It was called home invasion. It has entirely different designs and art. It was an entirely different thing

Then they remade the Entire game from scratch. Change the name. I think change the characters names. You heard it right folks the game has already been remade once.

Then they re did the art 2 or 3 more times before the final day. Anyone remember that? Hired a new artist? Significant delays?

Then after the final release they overhauled the art again.

I don’t need to go over the whole thing with announcing the extra day. But then they decide to revamp the art AGAIN this time instead of just the extra day.

THEN the switch artists entirely

THEN decide to remake the entire game from scratch.

THEN switch the entire engine?

They need to pick something, and stick with it. Every time they make a change like this, it increase the skins of work and delays this further. If they keep flip flopping and making massive changes, this will never come out.
The Game is still on track and not any progress has been lost when they switched artists, they also decided to remake the game and change the game engine. this has been set in stone since early 2021. The Steam page is supposed to go up soon and this will be the end of working on this game once the remake comes out. Also Home invasion art style was fucking terrible and every time there is a change to the game, it has a better quality to it. They did not change the character names and they have never remade the game before 2021, they have done widescreen fixes for the art for the steam version.

noms23

Jul 5, 2020
I'm legitimately curious. What new engine are they using? Ren'Py is made for visual novels. And it can handle large art and odd sized art just fine. Heck, it can even handle paperdoll stacking if you know what you're doing.
When i said that the game has changed engine that was a possibility cause i saw it asked about in the discord and the response was not confirmed.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
When i said that the game has changed engine that was a possibility cause i saw it asked about in the discord and the response was not confirmed.
Then say it's a possibility and/or assumption rather than explicitly claiming they're running a new engine. "they had to switch from RenPY to a new engine due to the limitations" and "The Game is also running on a new engine so that will be interesting." are in no way equivalent to "Someone asked the developer if the game will be in a new engine, and the developer declined to comment."

An engine change is a major, major development decision that requires rebuilding a great deal of the game from the ground up. It's not something a dev does on a whim, and it guarantees a long wait time while things get transferred, rebuilt, and tested in the new engine. This place is already pessimistic enough without you dumping fuel on the fire like that.

noms23

Jul 5, 2020
Then say it's a possibility and/or assumption rather than explicitly claiming they're running a new engine. "they had to switch from RenPY to a new engine due to the limitations" and "The Game is also running on a new engine so that will be interesting." are in no way equivalent to "Someone asked the developer if the game will be in a new engine, and the developer declined to comment."

An engine change is a major, major development decision that requires rebuilding a great deal of the game from the ground up. It's not something a dev does on a whim, and it guarantees a long wait time while things get transferred, rebuilt, and tested in the new engine. This place is already pessimistic enough without you dumping fuel on the fire like that.
Gotcha, i just made the edit to fix that. Sorry about the confusion to anyone that is reading. From what i have seen the game is still on track and the steam page is supposed to be uploaded at some point soon from what i have seen in the outbreak games discord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durisaz

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Should be noted, and I feel bad for being pessimistic again, but these guys have not been shown to be masters of ren’py.

in 1.0 and several releases after that, there was a massive issue of putting these giant images in the game and swapping between them. M

Stiff was happening like the computer slowing down. The images failing to load. Crashing. Freezing. There were issues with the gallery that I don’t think were ever fixed. There was another big bug on the final day, don’t remember what it was but I’m 90% sure most of these were unofficially patched by fans.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Should be noted, and I feel bad for being pessimistic again, but these guys have not been shown to be masters of ren’py.

in 1.0 and several releases after that, there was a massive issue of putting these giant images in the game and swapping between them. M

Stiff was happening like the computer slowing down. The images failing to load. Crashing. Freezing. There were issues with the gallery that I don’t think were ever fixed. There was another big bug on the final day, don’t remember what it was but I’m 90% sure most of these were unofficially patched by fans.
I haven't been around for the early development of the game, but I have seen some of these messes, yeah. Even if they're making these mistakes, Ren'Py is still a far better option for them than most alternatives just by dint of specifically being set up for visual novels. At least this time around they've got direct and active support from their publisher. If we're lucky, that translates to QA on top of the art assets already being provided.

Reactions: WOMANpukumaru

noms23

Jul 5, 2020

I have been with this game since day 2 on pateron , i have never had these issues. i have seen issues with smaller issues but nothing of this large scale?

4.30 star(s) 122 Votes