Chaos_Gardian

Oct 20, 2019

Public post
Jane's New Room: First Look at the new backgrounds!

We've had the art team trying out a radically different way of making backgrounds for the game. We've had 3d models made of the entire house. We take a shot from that and hand it to our skilled 2d artists, who then draw in details and add gorgeous lighting like the shot below.

This speeds up the process for making backgrounds by quite a bit. It took a bit of time to get started, but this new process is likely to become a mainstay during the production of Tropical Daze as well.

Let us know what you think below of this WIP Background. Patrons can see a black and white image from a later day in the Snow Daze week in the same room, so join up to see more!
1619177663298.png

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
I don't understand how in November day 0/1 was updated and 5 months later still no update. If every update takes 6 months for days 2, 3, 4, 5, and new day it's going to take 3 years.

Tropical Daze release date is 2050.
Finally it seems like someone else is realizing how ridiculous it is that...the separate versions of an already released game that is getting some touch ups is taking half a year to come out and yes, realizing what they means for future updates

Maybe I should have emphasized the eventual timeframe time if the pattern continues as well

I’m giving the benefit of the doubt here, in that this time is devoted to the animation process and they’re doing them all at once....so future updates should happen much faster.

The process of making what little touch ups they are applying to this completed game....should NOT be taking half a year at all...

Last edited:

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
And keep in mind any time after the first release is added to the time when the new updates/extra days were first announced...which was a while ago, maybe a year?

Guys. Think about the changes to the first day. Minor touching up to like a couple pictures...?

Are you really telling me that process took several months to complete JUST for that?! And that it takes half a year more for each new update?

This guy is retuning to the level of laziness and greediness he had when we were waiting for the final day....He’s basically going black to the same behavior that earned him his nickname

If the future updates after day 2 take longer than a couple weeks? This guy has officially returned to his old ways and is scamming/milking with no excuse.

/end “rant” I guess. I’m not mad, I just find it hilarious.

Last edited:

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
what's gonna be added in the rework...

the original game seemed completed to me.

Rather they just focus on the tropical daze.

The level of work needed to update Snow Dazed is minimal. Backgrounds are monotone and are unneeded to be updated, IMO at least. If the dev has a vision of what he wants from Snow Dazed and is trying to push that out then cool but I think the issue is the art didn't need adjusting. New outfits? sure but at the same time that was whatever. The Tropical Daze announcement was likely used to rekindle interest to get people to pay for the snow dazed stuff which requires far less time investment than new assets. I mean I'm sorry but how does a monotone/gradient colored background take weeks. I personally know artists who could knock the above image out in maybe a day, two. But he's asking for feedback for it?

Fact of the matter is all devs, well 95% of them are greedy and finding a way to milk money so looking for logic isn't gonna happen. I think most people here want Tropical Daze to happen because it's new. But this rn is updating old stuff with the promise of an extra day then a new game. It's a LOOOOOONG road. Don't expect that extra day until maybe end of year with Tropical Daze's first day maybe late summer of 2022. As mentioned before final day took awhile.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
This game's tags are out of date.
  • Animated: Add. There are several scenes towards the end of the game that are animated rather than using static CG.
  • Multiple Endings: Add. This game has several bad endings, a "neutral" ending where you complete the game but end up with no one, four good endings where you end up with just one of your family members, and a harem ending where you end up with all four.
  • Anal: Add. The orgy in the harem ending allows you to pick anal or vaginal for each girl.
  • Ahegao: Add. Several (possibly most) sex scenes in this game involve the classic ahegao face. (Specifically at the end of the game, when you finally break them.)
  • BDSM: Add. The scene where you finally fuck Noelle involves her being handcuffed to her bed and submitting to the player's will. Most of Sarah's scenes involve petplay as well, up to and including a leash and collar.
  • Creampie: Add. You can creampie and impregnate every girl in the game.
  • Exhibitionism: Add. Kira enjoys showing off her body to the player and gets off to it. Noelle also shows off her body to the player, intentionally masturbating in front of him in one scene, along with another where she gropes and fingers Jane in front of the player.
  • Female Domination: Possibly add. Kira is fairly dommy, and enjoys teasing and manipulating both the player and other members of her family. This includes scenes where she abuses the situation to leave the player hanging and wanting more, but no scenes where she actively dominates the player in a sex scene.
  • Groping: Add. There is a scene where Noelle gropes Jane in the shower, before moving on to fingering her.
  • Handjob: Add. There is a scene where Noelle performs a handjob, oral sex, and a titfuck with the player.
  • Humiliation: Add. Most of Sarah's scenes involve humiliation and pet play.
  • Male Domination: Add. Noelle's scenes largely focus on her subbing to the player and getting off on being ordered around by him.
  • Multiple Penetration: Add. The harem ending orgy involves the player fucking the girls while they have toys in their asses.
  • Rape: Add. One of the extra content scenes involves the player erasing Jane's memories of the game's events and then raping her on their birthday, at her request.
  • Sex Toys: Add. There are several scenes involving anal toys, along with various other things like the fuzzy handcuffs Noelle uses and the leash and collar Sarah uses.
  • Stripping: Possibly add. There is a scene where Jane strips down to her underwear for the player, on his request.
  • Teasing: Add. Many of Kira's scenes involve her teasing the player with glimpses of her underwear or body, and then leaving him hanging.
  • Vaginal Sex: Add. The player has the option to fuck and even impregnate every girl in the game.
  • Virgin: Add. The first time you fuck Kira she explicitly notes that she just broke her hymen but can't even feel it.
  • Voyeurism: Add. The game starts with the player spying on Jane in the shower. There is another scene where Noelle lets the player watch her take a shower (and subsequently masturbate while she showers). There is also a scene where Noelle and Jane both take a shower together for the player to watch, during which Noelle proceeds to grope Jane and then finger her.
  • PoV: Add. The vast majority of sex scenes in the game are from the player's viewpoint, with the only times the player is fully visible being as a dialogue character CG and in the group shots in the game's ending CGs.
  • Trainer: Remove. While Sarah's scenes involve petplay and the core aspect of this game is brainwashing the girls into being your harem, this game has no mechanics related to training or improving girls' skills, traits, or abilities.
  • Twins: Add. The player and Jane are fraternal twins.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
This game DOES NOT deserve a femdom tag for a one time game over scene in a game that is 90% Maledom and 5% more him just waiting to turn the table because they talk badly about him. Please get more strict with tagging things, this is fucking stupid. If a game has a fucking tag, I expect it to at least be moderately relevant to the game in some capacity, not a single scene. Kiara wants to be dommy, but the MC is still manipulating her the basically the whole time save the one bad end.

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
LOL I was about to say the same thing, no way this game is femdom, AT ALL.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
This game DOES NOT deserve a femdom tag for a one time game over scene in a game that is 90% Maledom and 5% more him just waiting to turn the table because they talk badly about him. Please get more strict with tagging things, this is fucking stupid. If a game has a fucking tag, I expect it to at least be moderately relevant to the game in some capacity, not a single scene. Kiara wants to be dommy, but the MC is still manipulating her the basically the whole time save the one bad end.
In Kira's case, she's potentially a switch, since her scenes involve her being both a dom and a sub depending on context. Judging by her scene with Sarah, though, she definitely prefers the former to the latter.

With the sexual content tags, any such content is enough for the tag to be added to the game. They don't get added as a result of the game focusing on the content. They get added as a disclaimer that the content exists at all. Just one time? The tag goes on the game. Any tags that need more than just once have that fact clarified, such as the description for PoV:
["Point of View" Used where sex scenes from the PoV of a character are heavily present.]
The only tag currently on this game that I disagree with is trainer, because the official description in the tag rules thread is:
[Used when a game contains trainer mechanics.]
If you disagree with this game's tags, you're free to do exactly what I did: file a report on the thread (or a post in the thread) with an explanation of the tag that needs changing and why. The mods will decide from there.

Edit:

Just for full context, this is the official description of the Female Domination tag, from the tag rules thread:
  • Female domination [Used when a character submits to a female character via domination.]
I think Kira's domination bad end more than qualifies for that, since it has no requirement for quantity of content aside from non-zero.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
In Kira's case, she's potentially a switch, since her scenes involve her being both a dom and a sub depending on context. Judging by her scene with Sarah, though, she definitely prefers the former to the latter.

With the sexual content tags, any such content is enough for the tag to be added to the game. They don't get added as a result of the game focusing on the content. They get added as a disclaimer that the content exists at all. Just one time? The tag goes on the game. Any tags that need more than just once have that fact clarified, such as the description for PoV:
Look, I wrote a whole thing, but then decided I'm not going to rant. It's fucking bullshit that I, and many other people, have to sit through a whole fucking game to find out the content we were looking for was a one time thing in a background shot. Tagging for EVERYTHING is fucking stupid. I could probably find a lot of other tags this game needs on that logic.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I could probably find a lot of other tags this game needs on that logic.
I highly recommend you do! I went through literally the entire tag list in the post I linked, but being human I could easily have missed some. Heck, so long as you're not falsely reporting content you could easily make a point about it by doing exactly what I did for every game you're familiar with.

However, that's how this forum's tags get applied. If that's something you see as a problem, there's a reason the Features Request board exists, though there are multiple requests (both rejected and unaddressed) on the subject already. One of the ones currently unaddressed is for a visual weighting system for the tags, as a specific example.

It's entirely worth noting that I fully agree that this game doesn't focus on femdom in the slightest. I only suggested the tag because, by the forum's rules, it should be on this thread. I've run into this exact same problem from your end of things with content I've been looking for myself, which is exactly why I know about existing requests for a more complex tagging system.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
I highly recommend you do! I went through literally the entire tag list in the post I linked, but being human I could easily have missed some. Heck, so long as you're not falsely reporting content you could easily make a point about it by doing exactly what I did for every game you're familiar with.

However, that's how this forum's tags get applied. If that's something you see as a problem, there's a reason the Features Request board exists, though there are multiple requests (both rejected and unaddressed) on the subject already. One of the ones currently unaddressed is for a visual weighting system for the tags, as a specific example.

It's entirely worth noting that I fully agree that this game doesn't focus on femdom in the slightest. I only suggested the tag because, by the forum's rules, it should be on this thread. I've run into this exact same problem from your end of things with content I've been looking for myself, which is exactly why I know about existing requests for a more complex tagging system.
I don't want to get into it with you, I am aware of the rules and how these forums work. I've done precisely that before, the short and long answer is they aren't going to change a thing about tags because supposedly they get revamped sometime this year, and until that, the admins won't change a thing. So yes, the criteria "if it's not zero, it can be tagged." I'm avidly fighting against that. Not a damn thing to be done though until the revamp happens.

Reactions: Kelpsie and moudy

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I don't want to get into it with you, I am aware of the rules and how these forums work. I've done precisely that before, the short and long answer is they aren't going to change a thing about tags because supposedly they get revamped sometime this year, and until that, the admins won't change a thing. So yes, the criteria "if it's not zero, it can be tagged." I'm avidly fighting against that. Not a damn thing to be done though until the revamp happens.
Should be tagged, not can. But yeah, I think we both agree that the current system is dramatically lacking and are taking wildly different approaches. I made similar tag update posts on a couple of other games today, and the more people do the same the more clear it becomes that the system is flawed. If tag search becomes just shy of useless as a result of people following forum rules to the letter, it will be far better motivation to improve the system than any amount of complaining in a game thread ever would.

Personally I'm more offended by how many games tag content that isn't even there at all. (Which is against forum rules in all forms. If it's not in the game right now, it doesn't belong in the tag list.) A girl says to cum outside so she doesn't get pregnant? Bam, pregnancy tag on the game. A developer says they'll add a harem ending at some point in the future? Let's bait people with a harem tag now, even though the game has literally one girl at the moment. As I noted above, even this thread is not exempt, as it has the trainer tag despite not having any trainer mechanics at all. (Maybe that was a misinterpretation involving Sarah and her petplay? I don't really know.)

As the rules go, the tags work much better as a negative filter than a positive one (despite not being searchable as a blacklist), and even that is negated by the rampant tagging of content that literally doesn't exist at all. As for tagged but underrepresented content, I've unfortunately taken up the habit of preemptively dumping the CGs out of games to scan them before wasting my time searching ingame. It's a shitty approach but the only way to work around the current system.

jdxxdshx

Mar 1, 2018
i agree with this. its extremely disappointing when theres a game that looks really good and it has tags u like, only for u to find said tags are reserved for one or two scenes only. Maybe introducing a way to differentiate between a games man themes, and what appears in a few scenes would fix this. So in this case things like incest, corruption, mind control, etc would be "main themes" and femdom would be a "sub theme" that only appears in a few bad ends.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
and femdom would be a "sub theme" that only appears in a few bad ends.
I doubt it was intended, but that's a fantastic pun with "sub theme" in there.

As it stands though, the game should currently be tagged with female domination because it has the content, however little there may be. Once the new system is rolled out, if it allows for such discretionary tags, having the tag already here should make it easier to sort things out by dint of not needing to re-check the entire tag list for one-off tags that only apply to a bit of minor content.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Pervy Incel Here's another game you might want to check out. Here's a game where about an incel were all the chads are snowed out of the sexual competition. Here a beta male, no matter how low how smv can score a female. (I hope I got the incel jargon right).

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
The conversation around the femdom tag made me dig out my copy of the game and run through Kira's scenes again. In order:
  1. The scene where Kira shows the player her panties is a pretty straightforward exhibitionist bit with no dommy elements whatsoever.
  2. The scene where Kira drops her towel involves her not only being an exhibitionist, but also forcing the player to play along with both her striptease and show her his dick, under threat of her lying and saying he assaulted her. A bit sketch in terms of a threat, but I've legitimately known some people IRL who had this kind of dom/sub relationship.
  3. The scene where Kira shows off her skimpy swimsuit in the kitchen mostly involves her being an exhibitionist.
  4. The scene where she gives the player a thighjob starts off with her actively egging the player on and putting him down at the same time. Very in line with dom/sub interaction, and the way she wound up hot and bothered when the player actually follows through is a good indicator that she's a switch rather than purely being a top. This scene also has no exhibitionist overtone at all in terms of the dialogue.
  5. The player manages to convince Kira to have a go with Sarah by letting her dom Sarah, using Sarah's petplay as a tool to do so. The scene has a heavy combination of femdom (with Sarah being the one dommed in this case) and exhibitionism once Jason cuts back in to masturbate. Not only that, but Kira actively suggested leaving the player hanging once Sarah got her to cum, rolling back to the recurring bit with teasing him and leaving him unsatisfied.
  6. The scene where the player lubes all four girls up and gives them their anal plugs largely focuses on Kira's fetish with doing taboo things. Less about exhibition and more about the fact that this is an incestuous orgy where everyone is related and getting off on it.
  7. The scene where the player breaks Kira largely focuses on the fact that the player is breaking her. Notably, it's the only sex scene in the entire game where the player bottoms. Kira is the one on top and in control of the sex, even when she's actively breaking down.
  8. And finally, Kira's bad end. That one has her actively being a BDSM mistress for the player, who is submissive to her every whim.
So honestly? Yeah, this game deserves the tag. While the game makes a big deal about Kira's exhibitionism and taboo fetishes, she's pretty consistently dommy, though most of it is action rather than dialogue. While it's not amped up to 11 like many of the other fetishes in the game, it's a pretty consistent and well-founded part of her character. Even judging by the forum's rules (which are strict enough to only include active sexual domination rather than more general dom/sub behaviors), the game has two scenes that qualify: the one with Kira and Sarah together and the bad end with Kira.

4.30 star(s) 122 Votes