Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,693 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,437 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,937 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,242 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,968 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,717 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,587 31.6%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,822 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
I really don't get it... why make an amazing premise and setting, great world building, diverse and interesting characters, good soundtracks and good visuals... just to throw it all away with an over the top perverted cringy MC?

For example Astrids story line was fantastic:
1- The idea of writing the book and maybe shift the whole idea around "books are useless" and have huge impact on the story.
2- How the relationships developed between them where at first she just saw another idiot to finally finding someone who makes her feel seen and heard + the waltz was a very romantic and sweet.
BUT all of that is ruined by the MCs constant over the top horny thoughts and actions like building a sex toy which killed all the build up there.

I feel very conflicted about this game in the one hand, it's very unique(at least I never saw anything like) with an engaging story and interesting characters. On the other hand the MC is cringe and some scenes look out of place like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This could have been one if the best VNs ever, it had all the components but it is kinda wasted...

Last edited:
Reactions: Xilium

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc stats/gold // scores

View attachment 1553489 View attachment 1553490

choices detection/outcome

View attachment 1553488

replay/secret picture gallery - unlocked for 0.4b

extract attached rep gall unlo.zip file into mainfolder - overwrite if asked

gui/text color changed

View attachment 1704030 View attachment 1704025
View attachment 1704046 View attachment 1703991

extract attached text color.zip into mainfolder overwrite if asked
(make backup maybe of gui.rpy and screens.rpy located at *\game folder first)
(should work with future updates if the dev not change something about gui)
instruction how and where to change color included

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut -->

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)
update

(i wanted to wait untill the full 0.4 is out , but it takes to long)

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
your concerns are things that can be easily tweaked by removing a few lines of code a few renders and finding a transitional render! nothing too schocking! besides i identify with the MC at that age...
It's not about removing lines or not. It's about how the dev is actually a very good writer who did everything right form world building to creating intersting characters and an engaging story but then ruin all that with some weird moments like the scene I talked about and making the MC borderline cringey in some scenes as well. I just don't get why he would do that...

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
In the previous game the MC had some out-of-character moments when he was under the influence of supernatural forces. Usually, but not always, this was as a result of deliberate choices made by the player. The moment when MC chases Fate into the burning building reminded me of one of these moments from the previous game. I think that it could work better with a little reworking. Such as when he is looting he comes across a familiar red gem and then the scene unfolds. There is already an intelligence check there that could serve as a kind of check on his willpower to overcome the influence of the gem. There are other ways to accomplish the same thing but that is just an example. I'm not willing to wash my hands of the entire game as a result of it, but pointing out that the scene doesn't work as is can be of help to the dev in the long run.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I can understand your points on this specific scene with FATE even though you seem to elude that in the heat of the moment, in such violent context, seeing everyone around doing such things, one could easily switch off his brain and just lose it from excitation and stress. Ssuch behavior could happen imo. You're not in a gentleman era. Nothing to do with cringe here imo. (For Astrid, maybe a bit, but wait for the continuation of her story, you're anticipating too much)

Now the real issue you pointed out on Fate's scene is that I let it possible to try to defend the blond girl from the other guy, and then the scene just after, I let the possibility to assault Fate. I agree this configuration doesn't make sense at all. This specific scene will be adapted/adjusted in the next update (with a choice menu to either chase Fate or leave her alone) as there is a gameplay rework currently in process (including additional events and story for the side girls).
The purpose is to make the game smoother and easier to play, with a more unique experience according to the clan you're part of. The playthroughs for each clan will thus feel more different and more focused hopefully.

Last edited:

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
As some started to partially reveal what's happening behind the scenes, I'll make a clear post about the rework (which has been voted by supporters at a large majority btw, and which I believe will benefit the game, so I won't lie, I'm pretty happy with this result as well.)

As some explained before, the compromise is to restrict a bit the possibilities of meetings in order to increase the depth of the side girls stories with a more fitting context/link with the main story. Until now, I had to make those side events pretty neutral and unrelated to the clan or main story, so that those events could work whatever the clan you're part of. Not only those stories cannot be as deep as I would like them to be, but they will necessarily creates context problems as I won't be able to make 27 configurations to adapt to whatever combinations of girl you would have picked. There are combos that doesn't match well together and it would just lead to nothing great. So instead of letting you pick some uninteressing combos that will just let you enjoy 2-3 events but then hit a wall, I decided to restrict the girls you can encounter from the start and only keep the meaningful combos, to avoid being disappointed in the late game because you didn't pick the most suitable ones to go along with your main story.

• When you are part of the White Wolves, you can also interact with Sonja and Lizgard.
  • When you are part of the Dark Ravens, you can also interact with Astrid and Yrsa.
  • When you are part of the Bloody Bears, you can also interact with Katja and Mathilda.
  • You will have as many quests as available days, so you won't miss any quests by lack of time.
  • If you don't get some quests it's because they are not available for you clan.
  • The stats you can get with each clan will be a bit more predictable and shape your MC during the story. WW is INT/STR oriented, BB is DEX/STR oriented, DR is INT/DEX oriented. So please do not cry if your BB warrior has no INT, it's normal. There will be alternatives to progress further, it's not a big deal at all to lack one stat.
  • The week day quests won't be repeatable anymore. It's for timeline and gameplay purposes (for example if you waited late in the game to start the first quest of a certain girl, you would have the MC suddenly not knowing Norse anymore). Whether you succeed or fail to get the affinity point during that quest, you will advance to the next one. However with less affinity, you will probably miss the most romantic/lewd parts of the next event and at some point of the game, you might not be able to proceed further with her anymore or get access to their "offer" (don't ask me to explicit this point^^). FYI, it was working this way already for Astrja, Nox and Candrid. It will now be the case for all side girls.
  • There will be some additionnal side events for the girls that had less content so far. Therefore, Sonja, Katja, Mathilda, Lizgard are getting a new event each to balance things.
  • Some quests might differ according to your clan. For example, when you visit the market with Astrid, it will now proceed quite differently if you were a Dark Raven. If you are a White Wolf, it will be like before. There will be other cases like this.
  • Fate's scene in the burning house will be slightly reworked with the possibility to not chase/scare her, and 2 ways to save Fate (instead of one).
  • Although you can play from your old saves, you will have most of the needed points, but you won't be able to continue with the girls that are not intended, and you'll miss the new content. Therefore, it is highly recommended to restart from a save located after the midsummer festival (for example when Sonja busted Candrid with something in her ass). There are no changes before that. With this rework, 1 playthrough per clan is enough atm, but 1 playthrough for each clan is really advised as the experience with each clan is even more different than before, it's worth it imho)

It might feel like one step back but it's to make 2 steps ahead, and I clearly see a better future for the stories with this setup/rework. I also believe the gameplay will be more enjoyable with less headaches ;)

Also just a reminder about the girls. There are a lot of girls, but before that, there are 3 MAIN girls who have the keys of the story and will make your adventure totally different with a completely different outcome. The other are SIDE girls that will participate/follow/influence your important choices, and you will be able to romance/fuck them at some point (if you want), but do not expect a specific solo ending for each side girl (at least not in the main version). The paths & endings are more story-related than girl-related. Obviously Astrja, Nox and Candrid represents 3 different and incompatible future ;). Doesn't mean the other girls are discarded, far from that, but they are not an end-purpose on their own

Last edited:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
  • When you are part of the Bloody Bears, you can also interact with Katja and Mathilda.
so its oficial BB is best path, Harem and Mathilda the bitch to break... also Katjia...
can we exchange her for the little princess either lizgard or astrja
it does not matter the important part is to corrupt them and use them
into becoming your information whores on the other clans...

katjia seems less maleable!

The idea seems to be that even though the girls are in their own clans they still have higher or lower affinity for the other clans and therefore you. Katja is pretty much a Raven because she has black hair but would fit in better with the Bears, enjoying combat and brotherhood. It is similar in Yrsa that she is trying to get closer to Nox because she has agreed to take care of her daughter. Astrid seems to admire Nox even though she is wary of her. The real surprise was Sonja to the White Wolf character because I thought she was the main chick and Candrid was the side chick. Maybe that is just wishful thinking.
sonjia handles the logistic and management of the day to day that pretty much is white wolves, resource management!

but i was making a joke on my cannon path being evil and having crossed the portal after selling off ryon raping the gypsy chick and betraying Maddie and bastet herself!

Last edited:
Reactions: Carefree247

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
so its oficial BB is best path, Harem and Mathilda the bitch to break... also Katjia...
can we exchange her for the little princess either lizgard or astrja
it does not matter the important part is to corrupt them and use them
into becoming your information whores on the other clans...

katjia seems less maleable!
The idea seems to be that even though the girls are in their own clans they still have higher or lower affinity for the other clans and therefore you. Katja is pretty much a Raven because she has black hair but would fit in better with the Bears, enjoying combat and brotherhood. It is similar in Yrsa that she is trying to get closer to Nox because she has agreed to take care of her daughter. Astrid seems to admire Nox even though she is wary of her. The real surprise was Sonja to the White Wolf character because I thought she was the main chick and Candrid was the side chick. Maybe that is just wishful thinking.

BEAR1613

Nov 8, 2020
  • The stats you can get with each clan will be a bit more predictable and shape your MC during the story. WW is INT/STR oriented, BB is DEX/STR oriented, DR is INT/DEX oriented. So please do not cry if your BB warrior has no INT, it's normal. There will be alternatives to progress further, it's not a big deal at all to lack one stat.
Does that mean all BB warriors are mindless brutes while all WW warriors are physically slow but strong and thinking warriors and all DR warriors are physically agile and thinking warriors but they are physically weak ? Sorry, but I don't like this classification.
It is my opinion that a Viking leader needs all three qualities. Just two attributes are not enough.

Of course, I understand that with this classification, programming the game becomes much easier, since many variants are eliminated.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
I can understand your points on this specific scene with FATE even though you seem to elude that in the heat of the moment, in such violent context, seeing everyone around doing such things, one could easily switch off his brain and just lose it from excitation and stress. Ssuch behavior could happen imo. You're not in a gentleman era. Nothing to do with cringe here imo. (For Astrid, maybe a bit, but wait for the continuation of her story, you're anticipating too much)

Now the real issue you pointed out on Fate's scene is that I let it possible to try to defend the blond girl from the other guy, and then the scene just after, I let the possibility to assault Fate. I agree this configuration doesn't make sense at all. This specific scene will be adapted/adjusted in the next update (with a choice menu to either chase Fate or leave her alone) as there is a gameplay rework currently in process (including additional events and story for the side girls).
The purpose is to make the game smoother and easier to play, with a more unique experience according to the clan you're part of. The playthroughs for each clan will thus feel more different and more focused hopefully.
I know this is the viking era so not everything is sunshine and rainbows but it also makes since the MC is not like that since he is from the future. I have no problems with showing other characters raping and killing like it's nothing since that is how it was back then for most.
Also I'm glad the fate scene is being reworked because if you try to stop the guy from raping then go and do the same it feels weird.

Like I said this VN is amazing but there a few things holding it back from being one of the best ever IMO

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
GleenXstudio if i am blond can i still be a bloodybear or do i need to contantly kill someone and bathe myself in their blood to keep my cover?

well i found the right music for the bloodybears!

song would be even better in german or some other northern european language!
considered it was done by an Irish Celt is not bad!
Also Englisc is a northern language and spoken is very germanic depending on the accent used!
English in the written form is like 50% romance language...
heavenly being germanic celestial being ... welll french basically!

Last edited:

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Looks interesting.

astafallsky47

Jan 2, 2023
As some started to partially reveal what's happening behind the scenes, I'll make a clear post about the rework (which has been voted by supporters at a large majority btw, and which I believe will benefit the game, so I won't lie, I'm pretty happy with this result as well.)

As some explained before, the compromise is to restrict a bit the possibilities of meetings in order to increase the depth of the side girls stories with a more fitting context/link with the main story. Until now, I had to make those side events pretty neutral and unrelated to the clan or main story, so that those events could work whatever the clan you're part of. Not only those stories cannot be as deep as I would like them to be, but they will necessarily creates context problems as I won't be able to make 27 configurations to adapt to whatever combinations of girl you would have picked. There are combos that doesn't match well together and it would just lead to nothing great. So instead of letting you pick some uninteressing combos that will just let you enjoy 2-3 events but then hit a wall, I decided to restrict the girls you can encounter from the start and only keep the meaningful combos, to avoid being disappointed in the late game because you didn't pick the most suitable ones to go along with your main story.

• When you are part of the White Wolves, you can also interact with Sonja and Lizgard.
  • When you are part of the Dark Ravens, you can also interact with Astrid and Yrsa.
  • You will have as many quests as available days, so you won't miss any quests by lack of time.
  • If you don't get some quests it's because they are not available for you clan.
  • The week day quests won't be repeatable anymore. It's for timeline and gameplay purposes (for example if you waited late in the game to start the first quest of a certain girl, you would have the MC suddenly not knowing Norse anymore). Whether you succeed or fail to get the affinity point during that quest, you will advance to the next one. However with less affinity, you will probably miss the most romantic/lewd parts of the next event and at some point of the game, you might not be able to proceed further with her anymore or get access to their "offer" (don't ask me to explicit this point^^). FYI, it was working this way already for Astrja, Nox and Candrid. It will now be the case for all side girls.
  • There will be some additionnal side events for the girls that had less content so far. Therefore, Sonja, Katja, Mathilda, Lizgard are getting a new event each to balance things.
  • Some quests might differ according to your clan. For example, when you visit the market with Astrid, it will now proceed quite differently if you were a Dark Raven. If you are a White Wolf, it will be like before. There will be other cases like this.
  • Fate's scene in the burning house will be slightly reworked with the possibility to not chase/scare her, and 2 ways to save Fate (instead of one).
  • Although you can play from your old saves, you will have most of the needed points, but you won't be able to continue with the girls that are not intended, and you'll miss the new content. Therefore, it is highly recommended to restart from a save located after the midsummer festival (for example when Sonja busted Candrid with something in her ass). There are no changes before that. With this rework, 1 playthrough per clan is enough atm, but 1 playthrough for each clan is really advised as the experience with each clan is even more different than before, it's worth it imho)

It might feel like one step back but it's to make 2 steps ahead, and I clearly see a better future for the stories with this setup/rework. I also believe the gameplay will be more enjoyable with less headaches ;)

Also just a reminder about the girls. There are a lot of girls, but before that, there are 3 MAIN girls who have the keys of the story and will make your adventure totally different with a completely different outcome. The other are SIDE girls that will participate/follow/influence your important choices, and you will be able to romance/fuck them at some point (if you want), but do not expect a specific solo ending for each side girl (at least not in the main version). The paths & endings are more story-related than girl-related. Obviously Astrja, Nox and Candrid represents 3 different and incompatible future ;). Doesn't mean the other girls are discarded, far from that, but they are not an end-purpose on their own
so does this also include the carry over from sandstorm in the main story,i'm just wondering because i chose a love interest that went through the portal and hoping she is part of the story and thank you for giving us this wonderful game and maybe after it's done you could turn it into a book,i mean i would buy it at a book store just to add to my collection.

EroNinja

May 14, 2018
I definitely would like to have Astrja and Sonja cause they both are bodybuilder.

Also I'm disappointed that the evil - other route from the sandstorm have no connection to this game. I thought it would cool to include it to spice things up but I'm guessing this game can allow any player to choose on the corruption path like Candrid can make you do something so dirty and indecency for ex.

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
So Astrja, Nox and Candridd are the 3 main girls/LI.........
Unfortunately for me, they are not my top3 choices. I was really hoping for Ysra, Lizgard and Astrid
I like your choices, Lizgard all day for me. But you gotta realize big tits will always win polls around here. What I want to know though, is why does the poll add up to more than 200%. I don't think that's how percentage points work.

mzolix

May 15, 2020
I like your choices too. My top 3 are Yrsa,Lizgard, Astrid too. So no ending with them :( . If Yrsa (side) story will be same on DR clan path , i dont will play on BB.

So Astrja, Nox and Candridd are the 3 main girls/LI.........
Unfortunately for me, they are not my top3 choices. I was really hoping for Ysra, Lizgard and Astrid

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes