Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,693 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,437 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,937 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,242 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,968 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,717 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,587 31.6%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,822 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters

Angaort

Jul 31, 2018
Is any content with Gertrud exist in the game at current version? :love: Or I have to wait further updates?

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
That is because you joined the WW, only the DR and the BB gain a Dex point in her first event.
That is a very strange restriction. Essentially barring her own tribe from getting any benefit to associating with her. Also puts the WW at a grave disadvantage for accumulating DEX points.
What is the reasoning for it?

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
That is a very strange restriction. Essentially barring her own tribe from getting any benefit to associating with her. Also puts the WW at a grave disadvantage for accumulating DEX points.
What is the reasoning for it?
Because you get +1 STR and +1 INT for being a WW. Every clan works like that, the first events for the girls from your clean don't give any attributes.

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
I really want to like this game but it's mostly just a headache to play. The supposed "freedom" of choosing in what order to do events doesn't result in any actual freedom in play, nor any improvement in enjoyment or any more immersion in the story, because there's clearly one single correct way to play the events in to get the most content, and failing to play that exact order just makes you feel like you're being punished.

And since there is one correct order to play the events in, the strictly better game design choice would be just to NOT pretend to offer this fake freedom and instead just play all those events sequentially like any other VN would, and let players just enjoy the story that you're writing, rather than having us players worry if they're playing it in the exact correct order, especially since there's no way to know if you're doing stuff in the correct order until you start failing checks.

Also the walkthrough is absolutely no help whatsoever in telling you what order to do the events in.

Once again proof that sandbox elements, no matter how few or many, just always strictly make these games worse. Not once have sandbox elements actually improved the experience of playing an adult game like this, they ONLY get in the way of experiencing the story.

Last edited:

BEAR1613

Nov 8, 2020
Also the walkthrough is absolutely no help whatsoever in telling you what order to do the events in.
Sorry, but I disagree !
With the stats you can check your strength, dexterity and intelligence in the game at any time.
The walkthrough is telling you how to handle each single event and it tells you what stats you will get ( nothing or strength or dexterity or intelligence ).
You can adjust your sequence of the events by taking care to balance your stats !
You can save if you are not sure what event to do next and test it out.

It is a game where choices matter and it is not a comic book.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Everything is going to change in the next update.
There will be no longer a choice of which girls you will pursue. The girls available for you will be based on which clan you are and the same goes for your stats.

Blood Bears (STR+DEX)
Available girls:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

White Wolves (STR+INT)
Available girls:

Dark Ravens (DEX+INT)
Available girls:

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
Sorry, but I disagree !
With the stats you can check your strength, dexterity and intelligence in the game at any time.
The walkthrough is telling you how to handle each single event and it tells you what stats you will get ( nothing or strength or dexterity or intelligence ).
You can adjust your sequence of the events by taking care to balance your stats !
You can save if you are not sure what event to do next and test it out.

It is a game where choices matter and it is not a comic book.
Choices don't matter if you can't understand the consequences of them. That's not making a choice, that's just gambling.

And no, you're simply wrong, the walkthrough doesn't offer any insight in which order the story events will happen. I got to a scene where the game made an affinity check with Sonja and I failed it, so I was forced to miss a scene and it's not one of the weekly events so there's no way to just replay it. There was absolutely 100% no way to know that would happen, no way to prepare for it with the information offered in the game or in the walkthrough.

My choices at that point is to either just live with having missed a scene or load a much earlier save and get affinity with Sonja. Both those choices objectively suck, it completely disrupts the pacing of the game, it completely ruins immersion and my experience was made strictly worse for being put in that situation. There's absolutely no coherent and good reason to put the player in that spot. It's a game design choice that's literally just lose-lose and makes everything strictly worse for everyone involved. No one who plays the game enjoys randomly missing content or having to reload an old save. A designer should want players to experience the story, not obfuscate it from them for nonsense reasons.

"Freedom" of choice in VNs is pretty much always a complete misnomer, because in practice all it ends up playing as is the freedom to randomly miss out on content you actually wanted to see and the freedom to suffer through a much more tedious experience than it had any reason to be. None of that is freedom, it's just noise.

And even when the game works as "intended" and I'm planning my events and worrying about doing them in the "correct" order so to balance my stats and everything, that's not fun, it's time I'm spending literally not enjoying the game. That's just useless metagaming that doesn't need to be in the game because all it does is completely remove me from the experience of actually enjoying the story.

Developers need to stop getting in their own way and just let players enjoy the story that they've written and scenes they've created, because anything else is simply just noise. It's not fun, it's the opposite of immersive, it's noise.

Reactions: UncleFredo

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Yes. At the end she says "I will keep this one" and later Liz says nox wanted the MC's seed. So I think we can guess what happened there.
Nox ain't pregnant lol. That's just cum inflation, the MC put a really big load in her belly, and that "I will keep this one", probably meant she'll keep him, the MC, who she somehow knows is a guy from the future, not the "kid". Anyone who played Gleenx's previous game, Sandstorm, knows they like to exaggerate their MCs cumshots.

I'm not really into all that cum inflation stuff, but I'm really disappointed Nox's sex scene was so short and the MC didn't even fuck her from behind or at least prone bone. A woman that fine deserves a real good, deep dicking so she'll remember you and cum back for more.:devilish:

Reactions: rKnight

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Everything is going to change in the next update.
There will be no longer a choice of which girls you will pursue. The girls available for you will be based on which clan you are and the same goes for your stats.

Blood Bears (STR+DEX)
Available girls:

White Wolves (STR+INT)
Available girls:

Dark Ravens (DEX+INT)
Available girls:
Oh that's disappointing. I was hoping for a Astrid, Lizgard, Ysra and Matilda harem

BEAR1613

Nov 8, 2020

And no, you're simply wrong, the walkthrough doesn't offer any insight in which order the story events will happen. I got to a scene where the game made an affinity check with Sonja and I failed it, so I was forced to miss a scene and it's not one of the weekly events so there's no way to just replay it. There was absolutely 100% no way to know that would happen, no way to prepare for it with the information offered in the game or in the walkthrough.

My choices at that point is to either just live with having missed a scene or load a much earlier save and get affinity with Sonja. ....
In the moment we are using here a walkthrough which is taken into account version 0.3.5. You are talking about the scene "bath sonja" in a bathtube in the game which happend in branch Bloddy Bears in version 0.4 beta of the game.
The structure of the game is that it is splitted into up to now 3 main branches (White Wolfs, Dark Ravens and Bloody Bears).
The player is not able to see every scene of the whole game in one playthrough !
Therefore choices matter ! The dev gives you the possibility to play YOUR game NOT HIS game .
YOUR game is only restricted by the matrix of possible subbranches which the dev has put into his software of Snowstorm.

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
In the moment we are using here a walkthrough which is taken into account version 0.3.5. You are talking about the scene "bath sonja" in a bathtube in the game which happend in branch Bloddy Bears in version 0.4 beta of the game.
The structure of the game is that it is splitted into up to now 3 main branches (White Wolfs, Dark Ravens and Bloody Bears).
The player is not able to see every scene of the whole game in one playthrough !
Therefore choices matter ! The dev gives you the possibility to play YOUR game NOT HIS game .
YOUR game is only restricted by the matrix of possible subbranches which the dev has put into his software of Snowstorm.
That's not at all how you make "choices matter", because if I don't know what I'm choosing, it's not a real choice. Again, at that point it's simply just gambling.

Example: Let's say I made a VN that let you choose to wake up on the left side of right side of the bed in the first episode. But seemingly it doesn't matter. Then depending on that "choice", two years of updates later, if you chose left side your wife dies and if you chose right side you live happily ever after.

That's not a real choice and anyone who thinks that's a real, meaningful choice simply does not know what they're talking about whatsoever, and that's putting it kindly.

The exact same principle is at play here. The situation is not quite as exaggerated, but the PRINCIPLE is the same. None of these are real choices.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
That's not at all how you make "choices matter", because if I don't know what I'm choosing, it's not a real choice. Again, at that point it's simply just gambling.

Example: Let's say I made a VN that let you choose to wake up on the left side of right side of the bed in the first episode. But seemingly it doesn't matter. Then depending on that "choice", two years of updates later, if you chose left side your wife dies and if you chose right side you live happily ever after.

That's not a real choice and anyone who thinks that's a real, meaningful choice simply does not know what they're talking about whatsoever, and that's putting it kindly.

The exact same principle is at play here. The situation is not quite as exaggerated, but the PRINCIPLE is the same. None of these are real choices.
You ignored Sonja and then got mad because you couldn't see a scene with her? I really can't see how the dev is the one to blame. The Dev always said you wouldn't be able to get affinity with all the girls.

Still it is a moot point. In the next update you will be locked to only 5 girls, depending of the clan, and will be able to do all the events for them.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes