Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,693 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,437 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,937 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,242 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,968 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,717 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,587 31.6%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,822 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
But the "Rion & Nora" sandstorm ending was not given any choice, so I'll be somewhat grumpy if the girl from the first game is supposed to actually pop back into viking time too
The next game, DustStorm, is based on the new ending, where the MC didn't let Maddie cross the portal and ended in a throuple relationship with Nora and Rion.
The MC in the next game is Lex (son of the MC and Rion) and one of the LI is Lana (daughter of the MC and Nora)

Reactions: sk1122

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
The BB harem path is one of the worst so-called harem I have ever seen. I really don't enjoy the BB harem path(really rare for me as a harem supporter) due to the main girl of such path and I found other single path is much better than the harem path.
However, I still don't understand why mc can't build a harem among three clans as he may become the leader of the village/three clans in the future chapters.
Simple, because the only woman who accepts polygamy and is helping you to build the harem in Candrid.
The others aren't interested in that or the possible poly relationship (like Katja + Liz) isn't in the game yet.

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I've tried all 3 of those options, is there something else?
There might be, I'm sorry I'm not more helpful, it's been awhile, but I do remember I also had trouble getting that scene and ended up looking at the script to find the var checks - also; I think you need to use a specific stance in fight, cant remember if strength or agi....

Blackowl97

Jul 23, 2018
From what I understood by reading some comments, this game is related to the previous game from the same dev. What I want to know is if it will be necessary to have played that game in the future if one of the LIs from that game appears (I don't know who, but from what I saw that depending on who you choose in that game, they can follow you to this world) . I don't want to play that game because of the ntr haha. Even if it's avoidable, I don't feel like bothering at this moment avoiding any decision that leads me to a bad ending lol. Also, I'm only interested in this game and I don't want to force me to play the previous one for the reason I already said. So I would like to know if the girl you go through the portal with (whatever it is) makes you ntr on that route or something. So I ignore her in case she reappears lol.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
From what I understood by reading some comments, this game is related to the previous game from the same dev. What I want to know is if it will be necessary to have played that game in the future if one of the LIs from that game appears (I don't know who, but from what I saw that depending on who you choose in that game, they can follow you to this world) . I don't want to play that game because of the ntr haha. Even if it's avoidable, I don't feel like bothering at this moment avoiding any decision that leads me to a bad ending lol. Also, I'm only interested in this game and I don't want to force me to play the previous one for the reason I already said. So I would like to know if the girl you go through the portal with (whatever it is) makes you ntr on that route or something. So I ignore her in case she reappears lol.
The only NTR in that game is with Rion, if you avoid her then you will have 0 NTR scenes in the game.
You don't need to play the previous game, just choose that you aren't interested in any of the girls and only want the girls from this game. The game will treat as if the MC crossed the portal alone and no LI from the previous game will show up.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Blackowl97

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
Just started chapter 3 and immediately noticed the game shifted away from first person perspective for some reason... Is it going to be like this for the rest of the game now? Because I was very much enjoying this game so far, it felt quite immersive and it being (mostly) first person was a big part of the reason for that.

It'd be pretty disappointing if I'm constantly gonna be looking at the MC's face from now on instead of just seeing everything happen through his eyes, as I have been up until this point. Don't really understand why you'd suddenly change it to third person in the first place tbh, considering we've gone the first 2 chapters without seeing the MC's face even once.

Edit:
Just to point out, I haven't continued playing chapter 3 yet so for all I know it could go back to first person within the next 3 clicks...

Last edited:

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Just started chapter 3 and immediately noticed the game shifted away from first person perspective for some reason... Is it going to be like this for the rest of the game now? Because I was very much enjoying this game so far, it felt quite immersive and it being (mostly) first person was a big part of the reason for that.

It'd be pretty disappointing if I'm constantly gonna be looking at the MC's face from now on instead of just seeing everything happen through his eyes, as I have been up until this point. Don't really understand why you'd suddenly change it to third person..
Yes it will continue to show his face. It was in the first person to conceal the identity of the MC as the same MC of the previous game.
Now that it has been revealed, it will keep showing the MC's face.

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
Yes it will continue to show his face. It was in the first person to conceal the identity of the MC as the same MC of the previous game.
Now that it has been revealed, it will keep showing the MC's face.
Ah, I see.. That's too bad. A bit pointless too honestly, I haven't even played the previous game and I figured that out within the first 5 minutes. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Playing the DR route one comes to two choices the MC must make to assert himself. The philosophical arguments for those two choices are terribly constructed and make me want to slap someone (figuratively, of course). There's a lot to like about this game, yet there are many things that irritate. The use of the terms "minutes" and "hours" make me cringe (I know, I know...I'm nitpicking). But the most irritating of all, especially after playing the Sandstorm, is how deranged the MC is. His character is written as such that he is a bumbling fool, yet in other parts he's elevated to be some political savant. It just doesn't work very well.

Still, the game is worth playing and I'm looking forward to how it unwinds.

Malekai

Jan 28, 2018
I love the fantasy and realism so much in this game/novel. First time I'm actually seriously reading and taking my time for the story. Great job to all the team. I did see one part that struck me as odd though but maybe it's just me.

When you set off with Astrja for the first time to leave the village to try and find any possible friends. She says:"Find me at the North gate in 30 minutes".

It just struck me as a bit odd because earlier MC definitely said that watches were pointless and non existant in this time. Am I thinking too much? Not a historian but I thought the concept of minutes didn't exist back then. Would have expected a more Vikingish or older expression of time.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
When you set off with Astrja for the first time to leave the village to try and find any possible friends. She says:"Find me at the North gate in 30 minutes".

It just struck me as a bit odd because earlier MC definitely said that watches were pointless and non existant in this time. Am I thinking too much? Not a historian but I thought the concept of minutes didn't exist back then. Would have expected a more Vikingish or older expression of time.
I forgot I wrote that, lol.
I've adjusted it, the MC will now wait for her when the sun is at the northeast section of the daymark. Good luck to him. :ROFLMAO:

I made a search on the words minutes/hours in the rest of the script just for safety measure, and the other misuses were mostly during astrid/mathilda's carpenter event. Seems like I forgot the context at the time I wrote that event.

The remaining times, it was used in MC thoughts or from narrative, so nothing wrong there.

Anyway, I wish this was the only thing wrong with the historical context... ^^'
Many things don't exactly fit: the language, the clothes, the cleanliness...
Often by choice or by constraint, it's an AVN after all.
That said, time measurement is an easy thing to adjust, without harming the attractiveness of the game, so I'll pay more attention about that next time. Thanks for the remark.

But let's be honest, does someone really care about time when watching her? I don't believe it :BootyTime:

main s5 - aurora 05n.png
I'll stare at you for HOURS.

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
GleenXstudio
So I go to all the trouble to pass a strength test to carry Sonja down a hill and she still ends up carrying MC...

Putting in skill checks and then ultimately ignoring the results is a wee bit annoying.

Also the whole "MC is weaker than girl X" is old, tired, and annoying. It's in far too many games. I don't know why it's in so many games... maybe it's an anime-lovers thing. It's old and tired in anime as well. A lot of you story tellers need to a bit more... idk... original.

I like the concept of the MC introducing new ideas to the Vikings. A smidge like "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" -The story could have used a lot more of that and a lot less emasculating the MC. Just my humble two cents.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
GleenXstudio
So I go to all the trouble to pass a strength test to carry Sonja down a hill and she still ends up carrying MC...

Putting in skill checks and then ultimately ignoring the results is a wee bit annoying.

Also the whole "MC is weaker than girl X" is old, tired, and annoying. It's in far too many games. I don't know why it's in so many games... maybe it's an anime-lovers thing. It's old and tired in anime as well. A lot of you story tellers need to a bit more... idk... original.

I like the concept of the MC introducing new ideas to the Vikings. A smidge like "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" -The story could have used a lot more of that and a lot less emasculating the MC. Just my humble two cents.
That's how I felt about Sandstorm. I didn't even finish that game. Also if you think about it, all the women seem to be either stronger, smarter or both in both games. I think it's just what the dev wants his game to be. I could be wrong.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes