Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,693 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,437 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,937 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,242 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,968 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,717 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,587 31.6%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,822 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters

Malekai

Jan 28, 2018
Thanks a lot for all the advice guys! Going for another playthrough right away.

Thanks GleenxStudio it makes perfect sense when you describe the situation like that. Unfortunately I wasn't watching for any arrows because......huhuhu

Sébastien Argeles

Mar 27, 2023
Bonjour tout le monde, j"ai eu un trace back sur Snow Storm, quand j'était dans le clan des Loups après que les ours sanglants reviennent en chaloupe avec le coffre d'or. Comme ça moins de gens auront se bug. C"est une belle histoire très bien écrite,
de magnifiques personnages ( surtout les Femmes phisyquement ) bravo continué vous faites du trés beau travail.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Am I the only one that thinks attack on Ragnar and possible attack on Torstein related alter ego of Nox. When Liz said you ordered Katja to go with raiding party to the Nox she was shocked. Can Nox be under control of a god/goddess like someone from the sandstorm?
While nothing is certain until GleenX clarifies with future updates, I certainly hope not.

Tbh, I think given the whole "baby is the chosen one" arc going on with her, having her be the possessed I think will just deflate that storyline. :HideThePain:

If anyone is possessed, I think the more likelihood may be it's someone like Katja, due to the following;

- She tells MC that it's Nox's order to go on that raid but Nox is clearly shocked upon hearing it from Lizgard.

and even if we dismiss the above,

- Katja when telling MC of Nox's "instructions" states that MC and Raven's mission on this raid is to help Jarl Harek (not sure whether I have the name right lol) and prove the Jarl's innocence in Ragnar's murder.
However when they land, MC notices Katja and the Ravens just murdering and pillaging just like all the rest.

So something doesn't feel right about Katja's behavior, with her words contradicting her actions.

With Katja, there's also another scene which does raise my suspicions a bit; her hunting event which got inserted with this rework.
MC discovers her slacking off, and when he approaches the round ritual like altar (with the hare) with the skull, trying to touch it, she tells him saying "Don't touch the skull" and tries to change the subject.

My guess? Katja discovered the weird altar and got somehow drawn to it, and put up a sacrifice (could be a number of reasons as to why), resulting in the whole possession.
Though I'm not sure I can account for a single person possessed or not being responsible for both Outcasts and Draugrs.
Because while outcasts the player encounters them with all the respective clan members (dependent on the clan chosen, Astrja, Yrsa, Katja), Draugrs, it's oddly seems specfic to the Bears (discover engraved monument with Yrsa, explore the ruins the Yrsa)
. Hmmmm:unsure:

Also, did GleenX say at anytime that there will be another possessed this time around?
While having someone be possessed I wouldn't say is the worst thing, ngl. I think it might be better to just not have anyone be possessed in order to keep the game fresh not being reliant on it this time around.
I mean, iirc Sandstorm had possession, and if this game has possession also, it's almost saying this will be the staple trope for GleenX's entire EraStorm trilogy (better to change things up than make it predictable).

But I guess we'll see.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Intelligence is a very generic adjective covering different aspects. In the game, it can also works as "awareness" , "observation", "reason", "quick thinking". The MC got aware an arrow was flying to Mathilda's direction and was quick to chose the adequate solution (and even got some boobs feel at the same time, yup, a genius ^^!) .
As others said, there is also an alternative way to protect her if you don't have the right skills. Most of the time, I try to give at least 2 possibilities to achieve your feat, sometimes even 3 (like Yrsa's haunted ruins event), so that you don't get stuck by lacking one stat. That said, BB path might need more INT, it's a bit low atm. Will try to give them some in future events
Following are my MC's stats with all 3 clans path after going through the rework:

BB
BB.png

DR
DR.png

WW
WW.png

Are these stats....normal? :unsure:
Seems like Dex for my WW playthrough is as low as BB's Int stat.

Reactions: LordGonti
Oct 10, 2022
Also, did GleenX say at anytime that there will be another possessed this time around?
While having someone be possessed I wouldn't say is the worst thing, ngl. I think it might be better to just not have anyone be possessed in order to keep the game fresh not being reliant on it this time around.
I mean, iirc Sandstorm had possession, and if this game has possession also, it's almost saying this will be the staple trope for GleenX's entire EraStorm trilogy (better to change things up than make it predictable).
I don't think Sandstorm one can count as possession she was the goddess pretend as a barmaid and priestess, I referred to that as an example of goddess with an weird goal. If you are talking about ending possession into MC, it still does not feel the same. So, it won't be repetitive. AFAIK, dev did not mention any possession or anything that sort I just assumed, stretched even, there will be a possession. Katja being possessed one is also an intriguing idea.
People are assuming Ragnar's death was on Candrid but it only make sense for BB path. Also I strongly believe whatever happened to Torstein is related to Ragnar's death and with outcast attack, deads rising, jarl's death there is a big plot going on.
Nox either part of it as I assumed or the next target.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BEAR1613 and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
People are assuming Ragnar's death was on Candrid but it only make sense for BB path. Also I strongly believe whatever happened to Torstein is related to Ragnar's death and with outcast attack, deads rising, jarl's death there is a big plot going on.
Nox either part of it as I assumed or the next target.
Tbh, I don't know who is responsible for Ragnar's death.
But it's intriguing people think it's Candrid (I'm guessing it's because of her whole "don't really care, likes to cause chaos" personality?).

Something..... happened to Torsten? :unsure:
Other than supporting Jarl Harek's raid, I didn't really feel there was anything wrong with him.
And even that raid, there can be sort of justification given the whole money focused as well as materialism-centric value WW have (not to mention other characters quote Torsten saying "all he cares about is the money" or something along those lines).

Oct 10, 2022
Something..... happened to Torsten?
Well something happened to him, what though we don't know yet. what happened to him ranges from oversleep due to old age to horrible and gruesome death.
Jokes aside, he could not make to meeting with Gertrude and as she says he never does that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJJ84

BEAR1613

Nov 8, 2020
Following are my MC's stats with all 3 clans path after going through the rework:

BB
View attachment 2818110

DR
View attachment 2818111

WW
View attachment 2818112

Are these stats....normal? :unsure:
Seems like Dex for my WW playthrough is as low as BB's Int stat.
I can confirm WW with STR 19, DEX 11, INT 17 and Astrja 5, Astrid 4, Mathilda 4, Lizgard 3 , Sonja 3 and FATE saved.

I got DR with STR 14, DEX 15, INT 17 and Nox 4, Lizgard only 3, Katja 4, Astrid only 3, Yrsa 4, Astrja 2, Sonja 0 but "Brother" and FATE saved.

Still "working" on BB.
Which path did you use in BB ? Yrsa, Sonja, Candrid or Harem (Candrid, Yulla, Helga) ?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I can confirm WW with STR 19, DEX 11, INT 17 and Astrja 5, Astrid 4, Mathilda 4, Lizgard 3 , Sonja 3 and FATE saved.

I got DR with STR 14, DEX 15, INT 17 and Nox 4, Lizgard only 3, Katja 4, Astrid only 3, Yrsa 4, Astrja 2, Sonja 0 but "Brother" and FATE saved.

Still "working" on BB.
Which path did you use in BB ? Yrsa, Sonja, Candrid or Harem (Candrid, Yulla, Helga) ?
Dunno how you got STR 14 and Dex 15 for DR.
Pretty sure I started from Week 2 and did all the events that were put in through rework, so....

Here's mine (all 3 clans playthroughs, Fate saved).

WW:
Astrja 5, Astrid 4, Mathilda 4, Lizgard 3 , Sonja 4

DR:
Nox 4, Lizgard 3, Katja 4, Astrja 1, Astrid 3, Yrsa 4

BB:
Candrid 3, Yrsa 4, Sonja 4, Katja 1, Astrja 1, Mathilda 4

Not really on any specific Paths for BB. I like Yrsa and Sonja so did my best to max them out.
With Candrid, well I intentionally chose not to get a affinity point with her regarding her latest affinity choice event.

Meh, only path that really matters to me is Nox's path anyway. :BootyTime:

Reactions: BEAR1613

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey, Can I play this game without having played the SandStorm one???
Yes you can play this without having played Sandstorm, cause it acts as both a sequel as well as standalone, depending on what the players chooses when asked in the game "Have you played SandStorm?"

Though having said that, I would still recommend you to check out Sandstorm.
It's a good game as well and plus you'll get more out of SnowStorm as a sequel by playing it after SandStorm rather than just playing it as standalone (even though you can).

Reactions: sc0rps

BEAR1613

Nov 8, 2020
Dunno how you got STR 14 and Dex 15 for DR.
Pretty sure I started from Week 2 and did all the events that were put in through rework, so....

Here's mine (all 3 clans playthroughs, Fate saved).

DR:
Nox 4, Lizgard 3, Katja 4, Astrja 1, Astrid 3, Yrsa 4

Meh, only path that really matters to me is Nox's path anyway. :BootyTime:
Mine DR playthrough:
New start STR 10, INT 10, DEX 10;
Intro Nox (INT + 1);
Week 1 Lizgard (STR + 1), Katja (DEX + 1);
Week 2 Lizgard (STR + 1), Astrid (INT + 1), Nox (INT + 1), Yrsa, Katja (DEX + 1);
Outcast Katja (DEX + 2) [Grab your axe and throw / spank ass];
Week 3 Nox (INT + 1), Astrid (INT +1), Yrsa (INT+1), Lizgard + Katja;
Week 4 Yrsa (DEX + 1), Astrid (INT + 1), Nox (STR + 1);
Raid Katja (STR + 1) [onboard];
save FATE; ["I'll risk my life anytime for you, Astrja"], tree is falling: [Catch Astrja], [Follow Astrja];
save Sonja: [Prevent him] => "Brother";
"Your affinity with ASTRJA increased".

Sum STR: 14, Sum INT: 17, Sum DEX: 15.

I do not know why my affinity with SONJA did NOT increase, but my affinity with ASTRJA increased.
BOTH girls are NOT part of the new DR path.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Since SOMEbody is slacking off :D and not updating the Walkthrough mod, I thought I would go ahead and share my variant. Since I went through the trouble of bringing it up to date for my Android port and all. I'm not 100% sure I caught every little nuance of the game, so if there is something that you think I missed please let me know.

Mod updated for game version 0.4.5:
NOTE this is a significant rewrite and I'm not going to pretend that I'm perfect, so something might have been missed.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
Mega
Updated the WT mod.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'm having trouble getting the 3rd Astrja affinity point during the outcasts/cave fight. I even went so far as to download the mod and even taking all the Astrja points options, it still does not give me the affinity point. Can someone verify the steps needed for that point?

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
Can someone verify the steps needed for that point?
As a guess, you might need to redo the part where she asks you about the lost sandstorm LI, shortly before you reach the outcasts. Giving the wrong answer there make you miss the +1, or even lowers score if you admit to wanting a lot of women.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Welp. Now that I am looking closer at the code..
It seems that if you didn't pick one of the sandstorm girls (Maddie/Rion/Nora) at the start and running the game with a (sandstorm == 0 ) value, yo'll never see that conversation and so you cant get that 3rd scorepoint or the Affinity?
Might be something for the Dev to fix and need action in the console for you right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: erkper
4.30 star(s) 49 Votes