Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.42] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.40 star(s) 44 Votes

Carryon

Apr 19, 2017
Quick bug report:
I had 2 bear traps setup with the archer and had swordgirl attack one enemy into one of the traps, killing the enemy with the trap. After this I couldn't attack any enemies anymore even if I chose to attack. Skills are usable however.
For example, if I were to pull the blue guy into the trap I will no longer be able to normal attack with other characters.
I encountered this bug as well. I recall there being similar issues with tripwires and such in earlier versions, where combo killing with Traps occasionally just makes moves unselectable from that point forward.

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Soooo... no gallery and no level 2, after all?
Doesn't seem like there's been much features added compared to the build from 6 months ago...
If someone could spoil me what 'Added ??? scene' means from the changelog, feel free to.
Like i said a couple of pages ago, the first demo was our original prototype public test. Think of it like a first draft for the game. This new build is a COMPLETE coding remake, which took a long time. I mean like all the code is new from the ground up. This will help bug testing and adding new content go a lot smoother since everything in the code is much stronger now (before, when trying to fix bugs or add stuff, everything was so stitched together that changing one thing would cause another bug somewhere else). It won't feel that different to the player, but trust me it is making a huge difference for us as developers. I've been creating new art and content this entire time while Cardinal has been rebuilding and it will be in development very soon.

In regards to the GALLERY, I believe that's the next thing we're planning on adding with a bugfix in the near future.

As for how development is going on level two, Artwise I've already done most of it, It isn't in the game yet but I've drawn hundreds of new images and made a tons of new art. Please trust that content is coming and there will be a lot of it. I have files upon files of stuff waiting to get added, hopefully very soon.

The ??? scene is a secret sex scene that was originally meant to go in the demo, but we ran out of time. I'll DM you the details on how to find it, since i don't want to just publicly spoil it as the developer.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Soooo... no gallery and no level 2, after all?
Doesn't seem like there's been much features added compared to the build from 6 months ago...
If someone could spoil me what 'Added ??? scene' means from the changelog, feel free to.
Nevermind, your DMs are closed and I was unable to send you a message. I'll let someone else spoil it if they want to then.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Nevermind, your DMs are closed and I was unable to send you a message. I'll let someone else spoil it if they want to then.
Well if using inline spoilers in a post is out of the question, I've enabled the DM option, if a private answer is still on the table.

As for how development is going on level two, Artwise I've already done most of it, It isn't in the game yet but I've drawn hundreds of new images and made a tons of new art. Please trust that content is coming and there will be a lot of it. I have files upon files of stuff waiting to get added, hopefully very soon.
I'm just a little worried because the gap between 1.69 and 1.81 was considerably smaller than the (half year) gap between 1.81 and 1.132 with - strictly practically speaking - little to show for it.
I understand the "total coding rework" though and I'll trust that it's not an indicator of any significant development mires that we all know and love around these threads.

Last edited:

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Well if using inline spoilers in a post is out of the question, I've enabled the DM option, if a private answer is still on the table.

I'm just a little worried because the gap between 1.69 and 1.81 was considerably smaller than the (half year) gap between 1.81 and 1.132 with - strictly practically speaking - little to show for it.
I understand the "total coding rework" though and I'll trust that it's not an indicator of any significant development mires that we all know and love around these threads.
I sent it to ya.

And yes, lol, I definitely understand how bad it looks to wait that long for an update and it to appear like there is nothing new. Hopefully I can get level 2 out fairly quick to put your mind at ease. I definitely don't want to be running a drip fed scam. I'm doing my best to make this a project people can feel good about supporting. I've been there in an audience and it fucking sucks, I hope I'm able to set a good standard for that kind of thing.

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
I sent it to ya.

And yes, lol, I definitely understand how bad it looks to wait that long for an update and it to appear like there is nothing new. Hopefully I can get level 2 out fairly quick to put your mind at ease. I definitely don't want to be running a drip fed scam. I'm doing my best to make this a project people can feel good about supporting. I've been there in an audience and it fucking sucks, I hope I'm able to set a good standard for that kind of thing.
Also the delay it's mostly my fault, the original code was not good and the refactoring took a long time. Things will go a lot faster from now on, though

spammie

Feb 25, 2018
i wanted to try out the game but when downloading the pc version from the mega link i got an error because it supposedly had a trojan (according to windows security). anyone else seen this or is windows security just scamming me on this one?

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
i wanted to try out the game but when downloading the pc version from the mega link i got an error because it supposedly had a trojan (according to windows security). anyone else seen this or is windows security just scamming me on this one?
Upload it to virus total and see what it shows

aludademon

Jun 10, 2020
honestly i love this game, from the concept, to the gameplay, to the music, to the art. Its all amazing, and while i know its not a finished game it would be awesome to have more party members. Like a sort of character select before starting your quest where you can pick a team of 3 i.e archer/barbarian/ninja or ninja/Dojo master/shopkeeper. But a second team of the 2 shop keeper ladies and the first lady you meet with all the arms (barring they dont show up later in the game as options) as a secret team u can unlock or even a sort of SIDE B story mode would be incredible even if they didnt have as many skill options as the 3 protags i would gladly put money towards that

• Red Heart
Reactions: CardinalRed

spammie

Feb 25, 2018
Upload it to virus total and see what it shows
nothing found/ no threats on virus total but this time i downloaded i didn't get the same error like i did before. as it was being downloaded from mega i got the message in my browser already that there was an issue downloading. unfortunately i didn't remember exactly what it said but on my last (third) atempt i didn't get that message also allowing me to upload it to virus total.

that was very strange. windows security also didn't bitch on the third time i tried. so unless something changed before i downloaded again things seem fine atm?

edit: from what i see though the issue i had was when the file name was "HerioneTowerGame Level 1 redux.rar" and the file that didn't have an issue was "Heroine Tower Long Name Game.rar"

Last edited:

Ariyana

May 13, 2018
There's a slider at the bottom right of the screen when you open options (the cog top right of the screen) that adjusts animation times, up to 4 seconds iirc.
This doesn't seem to work for me. Set the slider all the way to the max, saved the setting, but the animations don't stick around for any longer.

Aug 4, 2017
Its a false positive since active protection and behaivoral scan AV look for " A, B and C" patterns when scanning for viruses. Note, A, B and C doesnt mean the file in question contains a virus, it just means it shares some behaivor with one, which is good enough for most AV so they flag it as malicious.

Or thats how I think it works, idk i dont work in CSec.

4.40 star(s) 44 Votes