Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.42] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.40 star(s) 44 Votes

CoalBurner

Sep 18, 2018
the secret is basically anyone's game, i've played for like 8 hours now, 100%'d the game already, still not even a clue as to where the scene could be

Reactions: CardinalRed

Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017
After opening the game, I get a brief ‘made with Unity’ screen before it turns blue without ever changing, is there something I’m missing?

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
We made a goof and accidentally uploaded a dev build with all the skills unlocked, sit tight and Cardinal will fix it up. Or you can enjoy having way too much power while it lasts.

Also for those who aren't aware, completely redid all of the code for the game and that's what has taken us so long. The original demo was just our prototype, so it's crazy that it held together as well as it did. Things are a lot more stable, so bugs should be WAY easier to fix. I wasn't able to catch them all by myself, so a big thank you to anyone who finds any that slipped through.

Some really weird stuff is going on with the update after uploading it, we'll get it straightened out soon. Standby while Cardinal gets some stuff fixed and reuploads.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
After opening the game, I get a brief ‘made with Unity’ screen before it turns blue without ever changing, is there something I’m missing?
Very sorry about that. Yeah some people have had this problem and were able to fix it on the discord I believe. I think they said to try deleting the saves ( C:\Users\YourName\AppData\LocalLow\Sinful Salad\Heroine Tower Long Name Game), restarting your computer and redownloading the game and see if that does anything. I really need to go to bed. If the game would have uploaded earlier Cardinal would be awake. He'll be able to help when that happens.

Reactions: Tempering

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Anyways, I really have to go to sleep, just maybe wait a few hours until Cardinal says something before downloading it. Or join the discord if you need information, we're very active there. I lost contact with Cardinal a bit ago so I think he may have had a power outage or is asleep. I'm going to bed, I'll check back in when I'm awake.

LateParty

Jul 18, 2022
I'll just add what others have said and point out this game needs a gallery.
It's fine to have such hectic games where the h-scenes are given to failed states (I mean, they sort of aren't but to each their own) but at the very least you should also have a gallery, so people can see the scenes without having to throw a run to see them again.

Klaric

Dec 13, 2017
Hey, since I'm pretty sure people will have problems with the the screensize issue I copied and pasted a temp solution from the discord to here (Credits to The Sauce Nomad, who made this guide on the discord)
THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR BLUESCREEN, (thanks to Mboshesap5 for trying it for bluescreen issue)
Example of issue posted below
1699962540107.png

Also Cardinal (programmer of the game) is working on fixing this problem as with the other problems.

Step 1.) Open up the Registry

This can be done by searching it up on the taskbar, or typing in regedit

Step 2.) Find the Game

Now I know it looks scary but bear with me, you can find it by clicking "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"

next, select "SOFTWARE"

Now Press the S key on your Keyboard, until you find "Sinful Salad" highlighted in blue

Step 3.) Delete everything inside the "Heroine Tower Long Name Game", if you wish to keep your stuff from the previous version of the game, then leave "Long Game Name" untouched

Step 4.) Go and boot up the game and it (should) work, now go have fun and go get that secret.

Last edited:

mboshesap5

Oct 5, 2022
Hey, since I'm pretty sure a good amount of people will have a problem with the bluescreen/resizing issue, I copied and pasted a temp solution from the discord to here (Credits to The Sauce Nomad, who made this guide on the discord)
(I'm not 100% sure if this is for bluescreen, since Ive never had the problem. But its worth the try)

Also Cardinal (programmer of the game) is already working on patching out this problem, so this guide/fix will become irrelevant hopefully soon.

Step 1.) Open up the Registry

This can be done by searching it up on the taskbar, or typing in regedit

Step 2.) Find the Game

Now I know it looks scary but bear with me, you can find it by clicking "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"

next, select "SOFTWARE"

Now Press the S key on your Keyboard, until you find "Sinful Salad" highlighted in blue

Step 3.) Delete everything inside the "Heroine Tower Long Name Game", if you wish to keep your stuff from the previous version of the game, then leave "Long Game Name" untouched

Step 4.) Go and boot up the game and it (should) work, now go have fun and go get that secret.
thanks for the solve(?), but it didn't work. I was also trying to play for the first time by the way but it still glitched at the start

Klaric

Dec 13, 2017
thanks for the solve(?), but it didn't work. I was also trying to play for the first time by the way but it still glitched at the start
sorry about that, seems the blue screen issue isnt solved on the discord, just the resize issue, thanks for trying it out though.

4.40 star(s) 44 Votes