4.10 star(s) 153 Votes

Duanne442

Aug 4, 2017
Thank ya kindly.
Them some damn good patch notes.
Does the Dev do a "flip" style update schedule? as in New content -> bug fixes -> New content?
I haven't seen a pattern like that, but this game has a unique sense of what "content" is compared to our usual Renpy and RPG games. Bug fixes and code updates create content with SMA. It has felt more like the dev takes on a specific idea to go code, then makes bug fixes along the way if they are connected to the new idea. Example: players were asking for a way to simplify the rating system to make it faster/easier to shape the gene pool, so TValle created the "Profile" function to use as an auto-rating comparator. Along the way, they cleaned up a ton of linguistic inconsistencies, built in a simple vs. complex concept with the characteristics, cleared up some performance bugs, etc. This all feels pretty organic.

Reactions: b00marrows

Duanne442

Aug 4, 2017
There are actually three camera modes - fixed, free and fly. Pressing R switches between them, which explains why you need to press twice. The current camera mode should be displayed in the title bar.

I almost removed the free cam, but I have no idea if it was used or liked - removing features is seldom popular.

Flycam remains unproven - it uses screen space mouse positions so stops turning when you hit a screen edge, and has a complicated control scheme mainly due to how the game processes input. Anyway, keep the feedback coming :)

-T-
The "free camera mode" is a great addition, Thora, particularly after TValle added more "auto-action" responses for the models. Somewhat challenging to use because of the control limitations (sharing it with the actions of the MC) but fun once you figure it out. Took me a minute to get the "3 modes" vs "2 modes" thing. Kept moving the MC unintentionally when I thought I was going to move the camera. Your Monkey "toolbar" sits on the top of the screen and gets hidden by the girl's name at times, so it was hard to see the "mode" it was in.

jair99

Jan 28, 2018

Changes
-You can choose how many groups to start with.

Fixes
-The game asks about auto-rating profiles on level up.
-No More Chocolate Rain (If you continue to believe that there are extremely strong or extremely weak genes, please notify me.)
-User-defined ratings are no longer overridden when opening a rating panel with an auto-rating profile set.
-The problem of starting a new game on Wednesday, plus the panel not working, is fixed.
-"Sensibility" instances changed to "Sensitivity"
-Models that had evolved were not being used to create new models. oops...
-AutoRatings profiles DO reset when going back to the main menu.

I'll leave it here. I'll tell you right away, I paid 2 times for $ 6, but I don't see the changes in the game that I was expecting.

Reactions: Sikirash

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I haven't seen a pattern like that, but this game has a unique sense of what "content" is compared to our usual Renpy and RPG games. Bug fixes and code updates create content with SMA. It has felt more like the dev takes on a specific idea to go code, then makes bug fixes along the way if they are connected to the new idea. Example: players were asking for a way to simplify the rating system to make it faster/easier to shape the gene pool, so TValle created the "Profile" function to use as an auto-rating comparator. Along the way, they cleaned up a ton of linguistic inconsistencies, built in a simple vs. complex concept with the characteristics, cleared up some performance bugs, etc. This all feels pretty organic.
Good to hear.
It feels like the dev basically nailed down every "issue"/bug noticed with this update and is now open to improving adding something in the next update.
Gotta say this is probably the most "hype" i have had for a game in a while.

Iluha

Mar 13, 2019
The instructions does assume familiarity with Windows, folders and path.

..\BepInEx\plugins\Monkey\ is a relative path from where you installed the game (the location of Some Modeling Agency.exe).

For example, if you installed the game in C:\SMA, following the instructions the original monkey.dll you need to replace will be in C:\SMA\BepInEx\plugins\Monkey.

If this still isn't working, send me a pm.

-T-
Monkey is fine. Users forget to pre-unpack the "Monkey-1.0.0.0" archive to the root of the game. And only after that update the Monkey version.)

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
.. Somewhat challenging to use because of the control limitations (sharing it with the actions of the MC) but fun once you figure it out. ..
I'm not happy with the controls, but this is as good as I can make right for now. The design goal is to allow free movement of the camera to position it, then switch to the character to 'perform'. But the game input system is... not cooperating atm.

-T-

ddmoo

Dec 8, 2018
Cannot get Monkey to work. Can somebody give me an idiots guide of exactly what to download and exactly where to put it?

Feb 12, 2018
Cannot get Monkey to work. Can somebody give me an idiots guide of exactly what to download and exactly where to put it?
get us through the steps from beginning to end with maximum clarity and screenshots, so people can understand what doesnt work first .

best

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Did you follow the instructions from this post ?

If this doesn't work for you send me a pm with the following info: os version, game version, game path, and if the problem is with the original monkey or the replacement dll.

-T-

Reactions: Duanne442

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Might I suggest that you make it one zip file rather than 2 and one post that gets updated.
Or maybe even a seperate thread as some mods do.
Adding another step spread across 2 posts may be what confuses people.

Not that I want to give you more work to do or anything.
I do love having your mod, it makes the game a little more fun and less frustrating.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Might I suggest that you make it one zip file rather than 2 and one post that gets updated.
Or maybe even a seperate thread as some mods do.
Adding another step spread across 2 posts may be what confuses people.
You may be right. Still I'm trying to understand why a few people are having issues.

I have several issues with going with one zip including file size and that I would redistribute binaries I haven't reviewed.

-T-

Duanne442

Aug 4, 2017
You may be right. Still I'm trying to understand why a few people are having issues.

I have several issues with going with one zip including file size and that I would redistribute binaries I haven't reviewed.

-T-
The joys of being a modder. It's amazing how quickly it goes from, "you cobbled together an amazing hack to make this work!" to "I really need a 40 page guide with screen captures, a table for compatible hardware and software, and a comprehensive list of your references so I can decide whether it is safe." Keep doing what you do, Thora. We appreciate you

ninetyfiveme

Oct 29, 2019
change from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1.rev2:

the game works again without any cheats. The whole selection system seems to work again - 0.8.1.rev2 is just fun again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hellstrand

Mar 3, 2019
I've been trying for over a week on how to properly fit saves I found here to work on my game. Dunno why it's taking so long for the save to load, yet somehow any time I try to start fresh, it loads fine. So, what's going on there?

4.10 star(s) 153 Votes