4.10 star(s) 153 Votes

A14

Nov 21, 2021
hey guys i really hope someone can help me here, when i save a character on the latest SMA and try to load it back in with the monkey mod it doesn't work but all the characters i save on SMA custom prototype do load in. Is there any way i can fix this?

maxdannis

Dec 20, 2020
so hopefully can clear up my confusion on the rating system. when rating pain management, am I rating the girl's responsiveness to the poking (1 for not loving it, 10 for loving it) or am I rating based on what I want the next girl's acceptance to be?
Rate according to your taste. Sometimes girls are too excitable, too easy, etc. so you can rate them maybe 8/10 for that category.

I don't think this is any different than physical characteristics. For instance, if you like large, but not extra large breasts but rate absolutely enormous breasts as 10/10 you will get more that are too large for you. Same goes for personality as best I can tell.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Any chance we'll be getting a clothes editor any time soon?
I've suggested some modifications to TValle in how the game should manage and serialize assets that would allow Monkey to more easily enumerate the available clothing. Without those, it would be time consuming and brittle.

Next version of Monkey will have a button to randomize clothing - it reuses the game load code, and was a safe way to provide some control without having to rewrite a good portion of the game myself.

-T-

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I've suggested some modifications to TValle in how the game should manage and serialize assets that would allow Monkey to more easily enumerate the available clothing. Without those, it would be time consuming and brittle.

Next version of Monkey will have a button to randomize clothing - it reuses the game load code, and was a safe way to provide some control without having to rewrite a good portion of the game myself.

-T-
This sounds awesome. Do older versions of Monkey work with current versions of the game?

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
hey guys i really hope someone can help me here, when i save a character on the latest SMA and try to load it back in with the monkey mod it doesn't work but all the characters i save on SMA custom prototype do load in. Is there any way i can fix this?
Monkey should load SMA files without issues. Make sure you have the latest version of Monkey (1.6.8 or later). If it still doesn't work pm me the site you are using, and some of the save that aren't loading.

-T-

morph333

May 3, 2020
Monkey should load SMA files without issues. Make sure you have the latest version of Monkey (1.6.8 or later). If it still doesn't work pm me the site you are using, and some of the save that aren't loading.

-T-
Hey, I have only found the 1.6.2 version of Monkey. Could you hand me the 1.6.8 or the latest one?

PirateKitty

May 17, 2020
I don't know how he manages to always take one step forward, ten steps back.

Height auto-rate not only still broken, but now inverted. Rating 10 on super tall women when the profile was set to short. And who knows what is going on with the pain, angry and hornyness ratings, they're all over the place.

frikkn

Sep 29, 2018

Height auto-rate not only still broken, but now inverted. Rating 10 on super tall women when the profile was set to short. And who knows what is going on with the pain, angry and hornyness ratings, they're all over the place.
Thanks for confirming that, I was tripping balls trying to figure this out.

martin518441

May 17, 2018

He has acknowledged that the autorating system is a fail and wanted to rewrite it as a character creator , some people mentioned that monkey already works as a character creator so I guess he said fuck it and is going to go on with other things , as I'm seeing it he is going for bug fixes with small droplets of content , the gene algorithm is much better in this update (with manual rating), will we get a big update with actual gameplay additions? I kind of doubt it I hope the game isn't going down to road of other patreon games where every month is "2 new clothes , 2 new animations" (just using scenes and animations as an example) ie small meaningless updates just so that they can push something to keep the patreon going , I hope this is not the case but last update was socks and fixes , this update is additional hair styles and fixes so eh

noideawhattopick

Jan 1, 2020
He has acknowledged that the autorating system is a fail and wanted to rewrite it as a character creator , some people mentioned that monkey already works as a character creator so I guess he said fuck it and is going to go on with other things , as I'm seeing it he is going for bug fixes with small droplets of content , the gene algorithm is much better in this update (with manual rating), will we get a big update with actual gameplay additions? I kind of doubt it I hope the game isn't going down to road of other patreon games where every month is "2 new clothes , 2 new animations" (just using scenes and animations as an example) ie small meaningless updates just so that they can push something to keep the patreon going , I hope this is not the case but last update was socks and fixes , this update is additional hair styles and fixes so eh
I get your point and understand the frustration/anger regarding this way of handeling updates of other developers. But in my opinion it’s unfair at this time to criticize TValle for the last two updates. Yes, last update he implemented socks, but he also worked a lot on sounds. This update there are more hairstyles, yes. But there is also a MAJOR improvement in the algorithm for the manual rating.
So lets be fair and don’t criticize TValle now for something he might do in the future and down rate his efforts :)
Instead it’s probably more of a motivation to appreciate the improvements and give suggestions for future updates.

Reactions: ZEDISDED874
Mar 17, 2019
I get your point and understand the frustration/anger regarding this way of handeling updates of other developers. But in my opinion it’s unfair at this time to criticize TValle for the last two updates. Yes, last update he implemented socks, but he also worked a lot on sounds. This update there are more hairstyles, yes. But there is also a MAJOR improvement in the algorithm for the manual rating.
So lets be fair and don’t criticize TValle now for something he might do in the future and down rate his efforts :)
Instead it’s probably more of a motivation to appreciate the improvements and give suggestions for future updates.
I haven't noticed any change in the manual rating system to be honest. I still get dark skinned orc wives. Maybe I don't give the system enough time... after 30 women I'm usually fed up and start cheating with Monkey XD

Mar 17, 2019

yes I can confirm that too

Mar 17, 2019
it may be that he is working on something big that takes a long time and gives us smaller updates from time to time so that we at least have something

A14

Nov 21, 2021

-T-
Oh i have an older vesion of monkey i didnt know there was a new one so where can i find it?

4.10 star(s) 153 Votes