4.10 star(s) 154 Votes

Yotherethere

Apr 28, 2021
Changelog:

SMA 0.9.4a
Changes
-Added: cloth interactions to panties
-Cheats: The player can change the height of the hero (alpha).
-Added: Grabbing Hand (prototype).

Fixes
- A serious collider baking system update bug
- Pubes won't clip out of the underwear.
- Some custom poses didn't load.

Notes
-I couldn't publish earlier because of a problem with skinning with underwear.

Known issues
-When "Guide Her" is activated from a pose, it resets and loads back very quickly.
-Male hand-grabbing and skinning is disgusting.
-Male hips will not go as low if he is tall.
Is that it? Lol.

• Angry
Reactions: srg91 and Pchit

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Is that it? Lol.
It depends how he implemented the cloth interaction and grabbing. This is a hard problem to solve in a generic way. The game and assets were not built for this. He solved only the panties, which is simpler than the bra as the breast volume deformation code is... complicated.

Surprisingly Monkey is still mostly functional. Only issue so far is with some clothing, as expected. Assuming no major issues are found, I plan to release an update by Friday Dec 9th.

-T-

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Intriguing. Unity is incapable of cloth simulation for this kind of game. And when I tried to drop in external cloth solver, it failed miserably
Hey Qwerty - can you elaborate on the 'incapable of cloth simulation for this kind of game' comment? Simple cloth physics has been in unity for a while.

Prior to 9.4, the game was using it's own deformation/physics code - at least for breasts. This is in addition to the shape keys that affects volume. When clothing is present, the mesh get duplicated and simulated separately (look at the vertex/normal components from the DEFPecho* game objects). This is part of why I stopped playing with custom clothing as I would have to rewrite this code.

-T-

Last edited:

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I don't understand, will the new version have a fix for payments from third-party agencies? Is there any information? Someone wrote that this can be avoided by excluding the "exit to the menu" but it does not work.
I actually like the money/agency changes assuming they would do more. Right now they were added to just to test out but without any kind of compelling gameplay loop. "Yay I can make more money, but I can't do anything with it..."

qwertyuq123

Dec 21, 2017
Hey Qwerty - can you elaborate on the 'incapable of cloth simulation for this kind of game' comment? Simple cloth physics has been in unity for a while.
In short: Simple cloth physics is too simple for game about physics :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S. IMO, It could be much cooler if dev fixed/implemented(it's disabled and does not work if enabled) self collisions - it's just bad that hand passes through body, and definitely will be important in future modelling content

Last edited:

XanderAlex

Sep 7, 2022
I actually like the money/agency changes assuming they would do more. Right now they were added to just to test out but without any kind of compelling gameplay loop. "Yay I can make more money, but I can't do anything with it..."
In 9.3 you can spend money, moreover, if you do not save a large amount of money "before the bug", the game becomes very complicated, because some are ready to "slam the door" without getting a "welcome ten dollars". And this exacerbates the biggest problem of the game - the inability to skip the "Rating"; so putting a neutral score for unexplored traits leads to the rooting of undesirable traits, and the game does not know how to make progression (ie calculate based on the difference of low ratings as to change the trait to give it a score above the current maximum) game just randomizes around the best ratings (((

Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
... long and boring answer ..
Thanks for the thoughtful non-boring reply :)

I was expecting the dev to use one of the existing asset - obi, magica, etc. Obi was hitting all the boxes he needs, but that performance is a non starter. I don't think advanced cloth simulation can be done at a reasonable frame rate without GPU assit, but not an expert on this.

I agree on fixing and improving the game, but what he and many Patreon dev faces is that only new features and content keeps their patron paying. Hence the messy game/code we get.

-T-

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks for the thoughtful non-boring reply :)

I was expecting the dev to use one of the existing asset - obi, magica, etc. Obi was hitting all the boxes he needs, but that performance is a non starter. I don't think advanced cloth simulation can be done at a reasonable frame rate without GPU assit, but not an expert on this.

I agree on fixing and improving the game, but what he and many Patreon dev faces is that only new features and content keeps their patron paying. Hence the messy game/code we get.

-T-
Speaking as a non-productive member of this community, if he could just fix the random aggro situation that happens when girls show up to the studio sometimes, then that would buy my loyalty for a few months.

Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

jinkong

Oct 6, 2017
Would be nice to get a "both hand" option. Looks weird having the other hand in the Ki-yah pose all the time,

Reactions: Pchit

cvxcvgg

Dec 30, 2019
Speaking as a non-productive member of this community, if he could just fix the random aggro situation that happens when girls show up to the studio sometimes, then that would buy my loyalty for a few months.
I haven't experienced the insta-angry issue in months, are you using the latest version of the game? Either way, a workaround you could try is to use the cheats to reduce the anger modifier.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I haven't experienced the insta-angry issue in months, are you using the latest version of the game? Either way, a workaround you could try is to use the cheats to reduce the anger modifier.
I can reproduce it fairly reliably using 9.3a with Monkey and BetterExperience latest versions.

Reactions: sig325
4.10 star(s) 154 Votes