4.10 star(s) 153 Votes

lewdman89

Jan 13, 2018
That's why I think it's an unfair comparison. It DOES matter how much money they make. If the guy gets only 1k each month, he will need to do other jobs, he won't be able to buy assets and tools, hire people etc.

You can't compare an incompetent greedy develeper with someone who merely lacks the resources to invest in their game.

Also, we are NOT "talking about something else here". VNs are cheaper and easier to make than 3D games. Period. You can't expect a 3D game to have the same development speed as Visual Novels
Let me chime in here, you are defending someone who is making money of a broken promise or a broken contract. Imagine if you payed contractors by the hour to fix your roof and they just left in the middle of the job and you were still paying them. It doesn't matter if what they are being payed is little or not, they are not doing what they are being payed for.

And as someone coming form a poor country, let me tell you that a thousand dollars per month is A LOT for some people. Its even more if you think how this guy essentially gains it for doing nothing now. It doesnt matter what costs there were like hiring people or assets, you could argue that would drive up the price of the final product maybe but right now this guy is not selling any product, but getting money on a promise that he will work on one. And when he fails to deliver, he is essentially failing his promise and so taking money for nothing. That is little more than a scam.

Sorry but again if you were living in harder conditions in your life you would understand that taking a thousand dollars per month for doing nothing is a big deal.

deepsauce47

Jan 3, 2023
Nobody is forcing the Patreon subscribers to keep donating money. Expecting a creator to shut down an active subscriber page is silly, frankly. Besides, who are you to say they are not receiving value? Perhaps they feel that the game is worth many months of subscription fees. How much each person feels the game is worth is subjective. Perhaps you don't feel it justifies continued support, but that's an opinion.

Reactions: WakamoSato

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Let me chime in here, you are defending someone who is making money of a broken promise or a broken contract. Imagine if you payed contractors by the hour to fix your roof and they just left in the middle of the job and you were still paying them. It doesn't matter if what they are being payed is little or not, they are not doing what they are being payed for.

And as someone coming form a poor country, let me tell you that a thousand dollars per month is A LOT for some people. Its even more if you think how this guy essentially gains it for doing nothing now. It doesnt matter what costs there were like hiring people or assets, you could argue that would drive up the price of the final product maybe but right now this guy is not selling any product, but getting money on a promise that he will work on one. And when he fails to deliver, he is essentially failing his promise and so taking money for nothing. That is little more than a scam.

Sorry but again if you were living in harder conditions in your life you would understand that taking a thousand dollars per month for doing nothing is a big deal.
Nah... It's common knowledge that patreon is a crowdfunding platform Not to hire people to do stuff. If there's any confusion about its purpose, that's a matter of comprehension on your part, not the fault of the creator or myself.

And game making does not care if you are from a poor or rich country. The assets and the software you are buying are all paid in Dollars. And if a guy with great skill can earn twice as much doing freelance jobs, why would he spend his time on a project that people won't pay him?

I don't understand why people get mad at guys making just 1k a month. Save your frustration for those making huge amounts of money. The 3D adult game market has a finite amount of money, and some guys are taking it all.

Reactions: WakamoSato
May 10, 2018
Nah... It's common knowledge that patreon is a crowdfunding platform Not to hire people to do stuff. If there's any confusion about its purpose, that's a matter of comprehension on your part, not the fault of the creator or myself.

And game making does not care if you are from a poor or rich country. The assets and the software you are buying are all paid in Dollars. And if a guy with great skill can earn twice as much doing freelance jobs, why would he spend his time on a project that people won't pay him?

I don't understand why people get mad at guys making just 1k a month. Save your frustration for those making huge amounts of money. The 3D adult game market has a finite amount of money, and some guys are taking it all.
he wasnt "just making 1k a month". hes making 1k a month *now*. hes been hemorrhaging patrons since like november, and rightly so.

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
he wasnt "just making 1k a month". hes making 1k a month *now*. hes been hemorrhaging patrons since like november, and rightly so.
1708467434551.png
try aug 31.
See this type of shit with patreon alot tho.
dude produces a bit of a game. <
gets big hype/people into it. <
gets it about 1/2 way done, then work either grinds to a halt or they disappear.

• Red Heart
Reactions: srg91 and sig325

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
View attachment 3372658
try aug 31.
See this type of shit with patreon alot tho.
dude produces a bit of a game. <
gets big hype/people into it. <
gets it about 1/2 way done, then work either grinds to a halt or they disappear.
Dude, he isn't the top earning patreon developer. Period. Save your rage for Project Helius, or some shitty VN developer
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 153 Votes