VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
What's with our interactions with Victoria? Is it just me or does it feel like the MC gives off a cold attitude towards her with some of his replies even if they are the better choices.

Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
What's with our interactions with Victoria? Is it just me or does it feel like the MC gives off a cold attitude towards her with some of his replies even if they are the better choices.
It's weird right? A hot milf coming into his room, wearing a very sexy attire, to ask him if he wants to go to a picnic with her, and he acts like she forced him to watch a twelve part documentary about the history of door knobs or something... Same thing with Kate. He feels insulted because she made a joke about him being a afraid of losing to a girl and he had to put her in her place! Because bowling is the ultimate measure of masculinity I guess... Maybe all that shit from Tina and aunt-psycho (I don't even remember her name) finally made him lose his mind. As far as I remember Victoria was always nice to him, so I can't find any other explanation for this sudden hostility towards her.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's weird right? A hot milf coming into his room, wearing a very sexy attire, to ask him if he wants to go to a picnic with her, and he acts like she forced him to watch a twelve part documentary about the history of door knobs or something... Same thing with Kate. He feels insulted because she made a joke about him being a afraid of losing to a girl and he had to put her in her place! Because bowling is the ultimate measure of masculinity I guess... Maybe all that shit from Tina and aunt-psycho (I don't even remember her name) finally made him lose his mind. As far as I remember Victoria was always nice to him, so I can't find any other explanation for this sudden hostility towards her.
Let us hope it is just bad translation, but yeah it almost feels like we miss an episode where bad shit happened to him. Though with Kate he might still be bit butthurt over fact she never showed up at pool at night, when they had a date in one of the earlier updates.

Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Let us hope it is just bad translation, but yeah it almost feels like we miss an episode where bad shit happened to him.
It was a very weird update in general. The pool scene had some off moments too.
"There's a hot topless woman here. I hope she's sleeping so I can jerk off..."
and a few moments later
"Why is she here? I thought I would be alone!"
And then he somehow ends up rubbing her pussy over her suimsuit...
Wait, what?

I don't know if it's the language barrier or something else. The game had continuity issues in the past too. A few updates back, there was this scene with the girls fighting about who'll be the first to spend some alone time with the MC and in the next update they all ditched him and he ended up banging Tina (once again...) in the pool. I think the dev should sit down and write a basic outline of his story from start to end, because right now it seems to be all over the place. It's what you said about feeling like we missed an episode or something.

May 1, 2020
Well, what can I say? You thought wrong.

VN tag in front of the thread title says that this is a Visual Novel type of game. You may get to see some branching to the story at some points, but some parts are unavoidable.

If you don't like VN's or a particular scene in this one, then no one is forcing you to play. As simple as that.
I didn't say I don't want to play .. I'm just confused that's all .. I know some VN out there that's have choices even it VN .. And I'm not the only one who's complaining .. Lol

Nov 4, 2018
Here is my unofficial android port of Something Special- v0.0.9 (Patched)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my
Victoria is referring to herself as my Friend,
I'm guessing she's supposed to get the mom role if the patch is actually working.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I didn't say I don't want to play .. I'm just confused that's all .. I know some VN out there that's have choices even it VN .. And I'm not the only one who's complaining .. Lol
In every KN and VN, even in many other types of games there are parts that are unavoidable. Shouldn't be a big surprise in a very limited VN or KN, whatever it happens to be. The author is the one who decides which scenes are needed to understand some important details about the story or a specific character.
And there are always some people complaining about something about the story or characters, joining them isn't something to be proud of, if the story isn't just badly written in general.
Creating a story that every single person likes, especially the kind that contains sexual fetishes, is an impossible task.
Expecting a story to be molded by your personal sexual preferences is simply selfish and narrow minded.

There are plenty of games out there I would never play. There are some that I like, that have parts or details about them I would prefer to avoid, but can get passed without being completely thrown off. I have made a few jokes here and there about how I have dealt with them, but I try to avoid complaining from the respect to the author and to the people who happen to like it.

Being critical about the quality is another matter.

Last edited:

Gods run

Jul 13, 2020
hey I have version 0.0.8 and I get no pictures after about 3/4 of the way in. The read me tells about webP to correct this but I forgot how to program this ..... plz help

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
I try and be nice and such when giving my 2 cents on games but i cannot for this game so let me start with the little bit of good it has .....

Renders -- They are good and that is where the praise ends

Now the Bad and to be honest it all stems from one thing or combo of the same but different aspects of this thing..... the Writing aka Story / Dialogue etc it's so bad that i have to be honest it gives me a headache while trying to read / play it. I wish i did not have to be this hard cause if the writing improved this could be 4 star game but as is the writing drags this game into the abyss of bad.

I wish the Dev of this game the best and i do believe he tries hard and prolly is not english speaking but find someone to help on that front and maybe you can salvage this game to become something respectable.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
'' Old saves might not work '' I'm about to rip my god damn hair. I hate thoose words! If you wont change game completly just give your players save compatible! And i assume you dont change game that much?

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
'' Old saves might not work '' I'm about to rip my god damn hair. I hate thoose words! If you wont change game completly just give your players save compatible! And i assume you dont change game that much?
It gives you the option to start with the new content though.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Not really. Things are "forced" upon you regardless of your choices even if you chose a negative response.

Reactions: Cernunnos.
Jul 15, 2019
I was interested in this game but there is never a changelog to tell you what's new..and the Android version is never updated I LIKE ANDROID BECAUSE U CANT ALWAYS TAKE UR PC OR LAPTOP IN PLACES so it's nice having a mobile version

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes