VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
You can blend those choices to make it more manageable. But point RustyCooter & Kukipett make is why even add choices or menus when the make zero difference. If they don't make a difference, don't add them. Same with the single choice things, the add nothing to the game, they don't make you feel like you're doing something.
Of course when you write a scenario, you cannot have too many different path because if you have many characters the option quickly become exponential and it would need a huge amount of work even for a little story.
So you can make two or three simultaneous paths where the characters can have some subpaths that just converge to the same paths after a while.
And more if you want to make an interesting story you need to maintain a main path with some optional events that will not alter the main story too much or that story will become some gibberish mess.
Of course if your game is a sandbox much more oriented towards a lot of independent events it's much more easier, but for a good VN it's very difficult to give too many choices without falling into some buggy crap.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
I skipped two or three updates because the story wasn't going anywhere

So I gave 0.1.7 a shot and...it wasn't going anywhere

What's the actual point of rushing releases? Some people say "quality over quantity" is what matters in anything you do, but in this case, this game lacks both. These updates are both short AND dull. So close to just giving up on it

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
You can blend those choices to make it more manageable. But point RustyCooter & Kukipett make is why even add choices or menus when the make zero difference. If they don't make a difference, don't add them. Same with the single choice things, the add nothing to the game, they don't make you feel like you're doing something.
Yes if the choices given make no difference then get rid of them. It's a pointless feature. I'd rather not even have to click on it. Unless the story is so boring he thinks the clicking is needed to keep the player awake. :cautious:

Reactions: Kukipett and Naxos

Sethus1

Jul 1, 2018
When adding patch.rpa to game folder this occurs:

Code:
Full traceback:
  File "D:\dd\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\dd\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script()  # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "D:\dd\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "D:\dd\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
    raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive patch/incest.rpyc.
Any idea?

MuzA123

Aug 29, 2017
I do like and enjoy this game but feel it would be better if you had to option to say no or ignore specific characters and focus on just one or two

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
This was a very disappointing update.

I'm not sure that this game has enough interesting qualities anymore. A lot of effort but little return. It's a shame since the renders do look good.

Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
You can blend those choices to make it more manageable. But point RustyCooter & Kukipett make is why even add choices or menus when they make zero difference. If they don't make a difference, don't add them. Same with the single choice things, they add nothing to the game, they don't make you feel like you're doing something.
Regarding those two points, I agree, I have never understood the logic behind having them except to maybe give some added fun or "reactions" to the story, I'd just add something that clearly indicates that it's not a decision but a comment, or something along this line, as to avoid the player from feeling there is a path to take ...
As for the single "choice", I always thought it was kind of a "break and a take breath" point in the game ... who knows, I've wondered this too ...

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
With patch.rpa in the \game folder, the game won't even start. Here's the error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri May 07 01:43:25 2021

If I remove the offending file, the game runs fine. Clues?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
With patch.rpa in the \game folder, the game won't even start. Here's the error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
File "C:\$user\Games\Something Special\SS-0.1.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri May 07 01:43:25 2021

If I remove the offending file, the game runs fine. Clues?
It looks like an error with the incest patch? If you have used that and are loading a save when you used that it's probably causing the issues, always have a clean save that hasn't been modded.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
I was pondering whether to try this one or not but then I checked the images... the girl doing yoga poses and the guy slobbering over her... if there are overused cliches in adult games shown on F95 it's the damn vomit-inducing yoga situations.
Seriously? Can't think of anything better?
Hard pass on this one, I am too old for this shit.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I was pondering whether to try this one or not but then I checked the images... the girl doing yoga poses and the guy slobbering over her... if there are overused cliches in adult games shown on F95 it's the damn vomit-inducing yoga situations.
Seriously? Can't think of anything better?
Hard pass on this one, I am too old for this shit.
On the other hand milfs being yoga fanatics at least makes it somewhat believable they physically still look like super models while over 40. :p

• Haha
Reactions: bosp
2.20 star(s) 43 Votes