VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Should be the end of Chapter 3, probably just put the wrong cue in there on my part, and I'll check on those missing assets right quick. Thanks for letting me know!
It was where Chris is at the MCs apartment.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Good update, we got to learn a lot about some of the characters.
Going forward, I expect the choices to become really difficult though.
Hmmm, decisions, decisions... :unsure:

screenshot0001.png

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I just wanted to say I appreciate you all checking out the new update, I'll be around checking bugs and at some point I'll give one of my long protracted rants that I tend to leave, but if you aren't around when that occurs I just wanted to make sure that my appreciation for everybody is noted.

Downloaded TheAuthor-Ch.3.1-pc.zip from Nopy if that helps. And I used the mod. I will try it without the mod.
And I'll keep looking into this!

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I just wanted to say I appreciate you all checking out the new update, I'll be around checking bugs and at some point I'll give one of my long protracted rants that I tend to leave, but if you aren't around when that occurs I just wanted to make sure that my appreciation for everybody is noted.

And I'll keep looking into this!
It was the mod.

Reactions: STWAdev

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
It became tedious like a reality soap. I did not enjoy ch3. The flash backs added nothing. Sorry I did not like it. At least it did not turn into a sandbox(y) I will try ch3 again as the heat wave is getting to me. 22:00 32C. It is too hot to think.

Jaycock101

Aug 14, 2017
The game is really really good... but everytime Aoife says sir, I see her wearing an english hat and sipping tea

wulfy1

Aug 27, 2017
I like it. Its got a lot going for it. One thing that I really like about it is the attention you have put into facial expressions. So many stories have characters that have a blank expression except during sex, and it goes from no expression to this insanely exaggerated expression that makes a decent looking character very hard to look at. I will definately keep up with your progress.

~Wulf

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
This VN and dev really deserve more attention/support.
Most definitely. I support them on Patreon and they're hardworking and a class act. The renders, story, and writing in general are really good. Hopefully they get a lot more financial support from the game's fans since they deserve it.

Reactions: Vasy

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
ok, in the scene where Chris says "I'm not suggesting you can't have friends and happiness i'm saying you won't let yourself do it"

Has anybody figured out what those eyeballs are in the left side? they appear and disappear and i haven't the slightest idea why? they don't seem to be clickable and nothing happens. I need to know what they are! lol
Edit: Lyndie looks like the girl from Acting lessons and it makes me love this game even more
edit 2: I require chapter 4 immediately

Last edited:

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
ok, in the scene where Chris says "I'm not suggesting you can't have friends and happiness i'm saying you won't let yourself do it"

Has anybody figured out what those eyeballs are in the left side? they appear and disappear and i haven't the slightest idea why? they don't seem to be clickable and nothing happens. I need to know what they are! lol
Edit: Lyndie looks like the girl from Acting lessons and it makes me love this game even more
edit 2: I require chapter 4 immediately
Oh shit! I thought I'd managed to get all those eyeball renders out, I'll have to snatch that, I had a sneaking suspicion I might have missed one. It's just an error on my end sorry for the horrific confusion. Though I am glad somebody else had to experience the eldritch horror.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have to admit, this is probably one of my fave games after this past couple of updates, it's really grown on me.

It's deff top 5 anyway, i'm loving how it's growing.

I didn't know if i'd like Chris with the way it was built up but ended up loving her and that is the second ending that's left me wanting more.

Loving where this is going.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I didn't know if i'd like Chris with the way it was built up but ended up loving her and that is the second ending that's left me wanting more.
I'm sympathetic to Chris. I think she's a decent person who reacted horribly to a bad situation. That said, ghosting MC after his failed suicide attempt is a very serious betrayal of such a fundamentally important relationship in each of their lives. By arranging for a (temporary) job for MC and allowing him to stay in her home, she's made a start towards making amends. However, I feel she has a ways to go before she's square. They're talking again so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

I am curious to learn more about their relationship though since it is possible for the MC to have declared his love for her 9 years previously. That's a lot of water under the bridge. How did they get from there to here? She was obviously unhappy about MC moving west with Marie in tow...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm sympathetic to Chris. I think she's a decent person who reacted horribly to a bad situation. That said, ghosting MC after his failed suicide attempt is a very serious betrayal of such a fundamentally important relationship in each of their lives. By arranging for a (temporary) job for MC and allowing him to stay in her home, she's made a start towards making amends. However, I feel she has a ways to go before she's square. They're talking again so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

I am curious to learn more about their relationship though since it is possible for the MC to have declared his love for her 9 years previously. That's a lot of water under the bridge. How did they get from there to here? She was obviously unhappy about MC moving west with Marie in tow...
Oh, for sure, there is a ton of work before him and Chris are in a good place but at least it came across like she wants things to work out and that goes a long way.

I loved their dynamic when they were younger so i'm kinda rooting for them and had to restart to do a Chris run in the hopes they get their in the end. Did the whole love declaration in the past and that was adorable.

I think this is the first time i've liked every single girl. There is usually at least 1 I don't like but they all seem great in their own way.

Really want to be able to help Kim with whatever is bothering her though, she seems in a bigger mess than everyone else.

Well, everyone except the last girl that was hinted at with that ending.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Glooskabe
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes