VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Is the update still on schedule for aug 3 release?
Nope, hopes for this week:

As expected I'm going to need a few additional days to finish up with Ch.3 so it won't be out tomorrow much to my chagrin, I still expect it to be out this week no problem I just need that extra few days to polish up and make sure everything is at a quality I can be proud of releasing. I don't want to give an exact day but I'm expecting sometime between Wed night and Friday night, just depending on my last bit of rendering and testing speed.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Nope, hopes for this week:

As expected I'm going to need a few additional days to finish up with Ch.3 so it won't be out tomorrow much to my chagrin, I still expect it to be out this week no problem I just need that extra few days to polish up and make sure everything is at a quality I can be proud of releasing. I don't want to give an exact day but I'm expecting sometime between Wed night and Friday night, just depending on my last bit of rendering and testing speed.
Thanks for the info bro :)

Reactions: MrFriendly

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Yep as shown above I'm taking a few more days to make sure I'm putting my best foot forward with this update. But barring some sort of horrible unforeseen circumstance,knock on wood please, It will still be releasing this week. Considering it leaked almost immediately last time when I had barely any patrons I have no doubt it will be posted here damn near as soon as I put it up (so we're clear I don't have a problem with that.) Thanks all for your patience!

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Yep as shown above I'm taking a few more days to make sure I'm putting my best foot forward with this update. But barring some sort of horrible unforeseen circumstance,knock on wood please, It will still be releasing this week. Considering it leaked almost immediately last time when I had barely any patrons I have no doubt it will be posted here damn near as soon as I put it up (so we're clear I don't have a problem with that.) Thanks all for your patience!
Glad to hear that. Cause as much as I want to throw some money towards the good games I enjoy, my wife would flip(and not about the type of game but just about "wasting" money).

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Out on Patreon as of yesterday! Any heroes? :D

Update Request thread here.

Last edited:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Also if no heroes want to put it out, I'll be making the update public tomorrow night. I'm putting out a small fix tonight so it may work to wait a bit longer. Either way I expect it will be here soon.
I wait for the walkthrough update myself, but thanks for the heads up.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
So I just finished playing this new update and so far I'm really impressed. Chris isn't a horrible ex and is a total bro to the MC but I think she says dude too much and both her hairstyles look really ugly in my opinion so shes friendzoned.

You did a good job with developing Aoife and she isn't anywhere near as bland as I though she was but the sharing thing with Lyndie was kind of out of the blue and not really my thing. I was kind of disappointed that you don't get a solo scene with Lyndie if you aren't interested in Aoife. I just hope there is a possible solo route with both Lyndie and Aoife and they aren't tied together.

I am actually starting to like Bea after this update her personality shone through quite a bit and I liked it. I was surprised that she wasn't the girl thatwas into sharing since I was sure she was.

Any way good update and I can't wait to see more of this game.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So I just finished playing this new update and so far I'm really impressed. Chris isn't a horrible ex and is a total bro to the MC but I think she says dude too much and both her hairstyles look really ugly in my opinion so shes friendzoned.

You did a good job with developing Aoife and she isn't anywhere near as bland as I though she was but the sharing thing with Lyndie was kind of out of the blue and not really my thing. I was kind of disappointed that you don't get a solo scene with Lyndie if you aren't interested in Aoife. I just hope there is a possible solo route with both Lyndie and Aoife and they aren't tied together.

I am actually starting to like Bea after this update her personality shone through quite a bit and I liked it. I was surprised that she wasn't the girl thatwas into sharing since I was sure she was.

Any way good update and I can't wait to see more of this game.
I liked the Chris "twist" however she can be an ex depending on the choice you made in the flashback (love or friends with benefits). However the concern she displays for the MC's well being is refreshingly different.

As for your sharing complaint - wasn't that your choice? You could choose for one of the girls to show up or both to show up. SO if you thought it was too early for them to have a sharing scene then you don't have to have that scene at all.

And I still don't like Bea...

IAmAB

Working on my new Male Protagonist game!
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2019
I decided to do a walkthrough in pdf and in game for this game. Any error just send me a message. Here is my if you want to help me. Here is the mod page. Updated to Something To Write About: The Author Ch 2 or higher (Ch. 2.1)
NOTE: The walkthrough mod is updated, but the walkthrough in pdf i'm still updating it.
Walkthrough in mod and in pdf Updated!

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: thorin0815

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I liked the Chris "twist" however she can be an ex depending on the choice you made in the flashback (love or friends with benefits). However the concern she displays for the MC's well being is refreshingly different.

As for your sharing complaint - wasn't that your choice? You could choose for one of the girls to show up or both to show up. SO if you thought it was too early for them to have a sharing scene then you don't have to have that scene at all.

And I still don't like Bea...
When I did it both showed up and I didn't have a choice maybe I missed a dialogue choice somewhere. I agree with what you said about Chris hopefully she can stay a good friend in the story since I liked her.
I was kind of coming round on Bea but I liked how blunt she was she is still more likeable than Kimmy so far but I like all the other girls more than her.

Reactions: MrFriendly

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
I must admit that recently I have serious concerns about whether to download the game every update, or wait a few editions.
I have been disappointed too often by many games.
Therefore, I have approached this release quite carefully. What a moment I was expecting information about the end of an update...
...and what a nice surprise !! The game didn't want to end, the story turned out to be original and addictive. I didn't miss sex scenes at all :oops: (I was surprised myself)
BRAVO (y)

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I must have loaded an old save by accident since my only choices in the new apartment were both Aoife and Lyndie or nobody but after loading another save I had more choices. If anyone has the same problem the fix seems to be starting a new game

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Not that bad an update, just a couple things:

Missing 2 files beatrixblowing5.png and beatrixblowing6.png

The ending says End of Chapter 2. This thread is chapter 3.1

Is this the end of Chapter 2 or did I miss something?

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Not that bad an update, just a couple things:

Missing 2 files beatrixblowing5.png and beatrixblowing6.png

The ending says End of Chapter 2. This thread is chapter 3.1

Is this the end of Chapter 2 or did I miss something?
Should be the end of Chapter 3, probably just put the wrong cue in there on my part, and I'll check on those missing assets right quick. Thanks for letting me know!

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes