VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Yeah. It seems like most people don't like Bea or Kimmy and forget Aoife exists so Lyndie seems to win by default for most players. I think the dev has his work cut out for him to make people like Kimmy and not find her obnoxious.
Bea and Kim have a big hole to dig themselves out of after ditching everyone at the birthday party. Not sure why Aoife is getting forgotten though. See has some baggage but not egregious amounts, and she's attractive.

I'm not so sure we're "supposed" to sex Kim up. That seems to be what she wants, but I wonder if what she needs is a solid, consistent friend. I'm getting a BDSM vibe from her which I'm sure we'll probably be able to exploit if we so choose, but I bet it won't lead to a good end for her.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, he told us early on that she had a redemption arc but the thing is we have to want her to be redeemed. If we don't like the character at all and try to minimize the MC's interaction with her then the only way to have it happen is to railroad us into it or start adding in times when she is less irritating in a hope that the players will forgive her. Kimmy's toxic behavior has even tainted Beatrix, often the main reason people don't want anything to do with Bea is the whole party scene at the end of the first episode. Aoife is so bland that she is forgettable. So by process of elimination we have the fangirl Lyndie.
Yeah. Exactly I did one play through where I went after her and she seems to be crazy and like everyone says "don't stick your dick in crazy" so I really want to avoid her at all costs and hope she goes away.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Totally in the minority liking kimmy but I own it. Lyndie is delicious to me but I wouldn't mind a L and B sandwich

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Bea and Kim have a big hole to dig themselves out of after ditching everyone at the birthday party. Not sure why Aoife is getting forgotten though. See has some baggage but not egregious amounts, and she's attractive.

I'm not so sure we're "supposed" to sex Kim up. That seems to be what she wants, but I wonder if what she needs is a solid, consistent friend. I'm getting a BDSM vibe from her which I'm sure we'll probably be able to exploit if we so choose, but I bet it won't lead to a good end for her.
Yeah I think alot of people myself included will take an immediate dislike to them after the party. I already didn't like Kimmy at all so It didn't annoy me as much with her but it isn't a good first impression of Bea at all. Ditching your drunk friend and leaving her with a strange man to have a one night stand is a dick move in my opinion and after talking to other characters she seems to do it a lot.
With Aoife I meant that I forgot she was in the game because I found her boring and didn't really pay attention to her since Kimmy's obnoxiousness kind of overshadowed her she has a great arse though to be honest so there's that going for her.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah I think alot of people myself included will take an immediate dislike to them after the party. I already didn't like Kimmy at all so It didn't annoy me as much with her but it isn't a good first impression of Bea at all. Ditching your drunk friend and leaving her with a strange man to have a one night stand is a dick move in my opinion and after talking to other characters she seems to do it a lot.
With Aoife I meant that I forgot she was in the game because I found her boring and didn't really pay attention to her since Kimmy's obnoxiousness kind of overshadowed her she has a great arse though to be honest so there's that going for her.
Ditching your drunk friend and your friend on her birthday to score some pussy is a jerk thing to do. The fact that both of her friends are used to her behavior doesn't make it right. If anything it would just let them know that she isn't a reliable friend.

Kimmy's first impression was abysmal and nothing she has done since has alleviated that bad first impression. I had a better opinion of the fat ass that "fired" the MC than I do of her.

Aoife is attractive but bland, her personality feels like it has been neglected compared to everyone else. We had a lot more time with the other characters this update.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Ditching your drunk friend and your friend on her birthday to score some pussy is a jerk thing to do. The fact that both of her friends are used to her behavior doesn't make it right. If anything it would just let them know that she isn't a reliable friend.

Kimmy's first impression was abysmal and nothing she has done since has alleviated that bad first impression. I had a better opinion of the fat ass that "fired" the MC than I do of her.

Aoife is attractive but bland, her personality feels like it has been neglected compared to everyone else. We had a lot more time with the other characters this update.
Yeah even if the party thing didn't happen I still wouldn't like Bea much. I don't find her look all that attractive and the fact that she seems to be the slutty character doesn't help Im assuming she is the one that gets turned on by "sharing" you with other women that the dev mentioned a a few pages back. I'm also hoping that the MC grows a spine in the later chapters like the dev mentioned is supposed to happen and is able to tell Kimmy to tone it down of he will have her fired like he threatened to do in game.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Some how I got the impression that kimmy and bea actually didn't do anything that night. I could be way off but that's what i inferred from the dialogue.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Yeah even if the party thing didn't happen I still wouldn't like Bea much. I don't find her look all that attractive and the fact that she seems to be the slutty character doesn't help Im assuming she is the one that gets turned on by "sharing" you with other women that the dev mentioned a a few pages back. I'm also hoping that the MC grows a spine in the later chapters like the dev mentioned is supposed to happen and is able to tell Kimmy to tone it down of he will have her fired like he threatened to do in game.
Yeah, I'm not hoping to fire her. I would actually be very surprised if Dev even gave us that option. MC (Dev?) seems pretty committed to her based on her answer to his final 'interview question'. Pretty sure we're supposed to learn to deal with her some way.

As I said before, based on her sex scene in this update, she seems to have some interest in/need for submission and humiliation which I am sure we will be able to exploit if we want to. On the other hand, we could harness her submission needs to build some kind of DDgg relationship with her to help her deal with her trauma, whatever it is. Such a relationship doesn't even need to be sexual in which case the only thing really differentiating it from a more vanilla mentoring relationship is the amount of power transfer there is. The vanilla mentoring relationship is also an option although it doesn't engage the BDSM elements of her personality. (Maybe they don't need to be engaged.)

Finally, why is everyone so upset that Lyndie is becoming the de facto primary LI? She's adorable! :love: (I also like Aoifa btw. Sure, she's a little bit underdeveloped, but that's just an opportunity for the next update.)

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Some how I got the impression that kimmy and bea actually didn't do anything that night. I could be way off but that's what i inferred from the dialogue.
Well, they got naked and took pictures at least since Kim can offer to send them to you depending on your choices. Doesn't really matter if they actually fucked or not though. They abandoned their friends. That's what did the most damage.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, I'm not hoping to fire her. I would actually be very surprised if Dev even gave us that option. MC (Dev?) seems pretty committed to her based on her answer to his final 'interview question'. Pretty sure we're supposed to learn to deal with her some way.

As I said before, based on her sex scene in this update, she seems to have some interest in/need for submission and humiliation which I am sure we will be able to exploit if we want to. On the other hand, we could harness her submission needs to build some kind of DDgg relationship with her to help her deal with her trauma, whatever it is. Such a relationship doesn't even need to be sexual in which case the only thing really differentiating it from a more vanilla mentoring relationship is the amount of power transfer there is. The vanilla mentoring relationship is also an option although it doesn't engage the BDSM elements of her personality. (Maybe they don't need to be engaged.)

Finally, why is everyone so upset that Lyndie is becoming the de facto primary LI? She's adorable! :love: (I also like Aoifa btw. Sure, she's a little bit underdeveloped, but that's just an opportunity for the next update.)
I just hope she starts to tone down her behavior a bit because I find her really annoying and would rather just avoid her than learn to deal with it. The BDSM submission stuff isn't really my thing so I hope she is able to change her behavior without needing to go that route. I think she needs to see a therapist rather than be dominated. When I said Dev I meant developer since he has posted in this thread a few times if you read back.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well, they got naked and took pictures at least since Kim can offer to send them to you depending on your choices. Doesn't really matter if they actually fucked or not though. They abandoned their friends. That's what did the most damage.
Touche'. I've been guilty of slipping off myself so I guess I'm not that great of a friend or my conscience isn't working as well as others lol

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I think she needs to see a therapist rather than be dominated.
You're not wrong there. However, it very well could be a case of she needs a therapist AND a Dom. ;) BDSM people can have mental illness like anyone else. However, they resist very strongly the implication that BDSM IS mental illness.

In recognition that it isn't a kink for everyone, an alternative path for her would make sense. However, it seems to me that that scene with her in this update is akin to Chekhov's gun.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
You're not wrong there. However, it very well could be a case of she needs a therapist AND a Dom. ;) BDSM people can have mental illness like anyone else. However, they resist very strongly the implication that BDSM IS mental illness.

In recognition that it isn't a kink for everyone, an alternative path for her would make sense. However, it seems to me that that scene with her in this update is akin to Chekhov's gun.
True. Shes annoying, obnoxious and possibly nuts so I will stay far far away from her in this game.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
I am going to have to disagree with you HLMM, I don't want that content with Lyndie. Instead Kimmy and Bea would be my preferred subs.

Though I denied them both just like you. I hope there are more LI because at this point it seems to be Lyndie by default for most players.
That's fair. It's just something that I personally would enjoy with Lyndie as a form of roleplay. I know it's not everybody's thing though. I was just thinking of it being added as an optional thing, but absolutely not forced. It wouldn't bother me one way or another if the content was added or not.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Well of course, it's not pregnancy or something that really matters ;)

I am fine with dom/sub in some games but I've seen devs go too far with it. I am not that into D/S and so a little goes a long way for me.
Yeah, I am not into domination that stands on a thin line of abuse/mind-breaking. For me to get enjoyment out of it, there needs to be both consent and enjoyment. If both parties are having fun and getting sexual fulfillment, then that's the type of D/S I really enjoy.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, I am not into domination that stands on a thin line of abuse/mind-breaking. For me to get enjoyment out of it, there needs to be both consent and enjoyment. If both parties are having fun and getting sexual fulfillment, then that's the type of D/S I really enjoy.
Exactly. I've played a few games where there is no consent and it seems too forceful. I don't mind a little bit of it, that's sexy. I think I'm a bit sensitive since I've dealt with IRL abusive people.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I've really enjoyed reading the discussion from today, definitely helps to see where people are at in relation to characters.

I agree that that Kim definitely has hole to climb out of, but my hope for her is not necessarily redemption so much as understanding, once you discover why she is the way she is it may help contextualize her behavior. I wrote her very specifically to elicit the response she's so far gotten, now can I fix it? Potentially I may not be able to do so, but that's always the challenge as a creator my vision may not line up with what people would like and that allows me to plan it better next time.
I admit I hadn't considered B would suffer by proxy, but lesson learned it gives me a chance to reevaluate her motivations and adjust if need be.

Lyndie definitely has an appeal I expected, though a part of that may also be that she has a little less baggage then everybody else so far.

The Aoife blandness problem was definitely one I expected, though she'll be known a little better in the upcoming update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for D/s, there will be one or possibly two girls who may engage in it, but it will probably be on the lighter side. I agree that oftentimes in games it gets played a tad bit more abusive than I would like so I want to avoid falling into that pitfall if I can.

As always I appreciate your discourse and thank you all for giving me things to think about as I work on the update, even though it's "my" game I really love hearing from people and hope that when it finishes we can all leave with a smile on our faces.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
when it comes to how we've seen her so remember that we're seeing her based on the MC's perception
Well, since we as the players are making decisions on behalf of the MC, how are we supposed to see her? :unsure: She's obviously done something to seriously piss him off in the past and apparently never tried to make amends until recently... I'm curious to see how you handle it of course, but I think we're justified in being dubious. *gauntlet thrown* :devilish:

Good luck. Looking forward to the story's continuation!

Reactions: STWAdev
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes