VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hey y'all had to emerge from my post release coma to come be an active member of the community, my introversion is rolling around in terror.

Thank you much for letting me know about this, still learning all my ropes so I vastly appreciate you saving me what I'm sure would have been a lot of frustration in this next segment.

My second reader and I both missed that, I appreciate you pointing it out, I'll have to modify the text slightly to fix that!

I'm aiming for the next release to be early to mid August. I'll always hope to work on a 6-8 week release schedule of course as a solo dev doing this on the side that may not always be feasible, but I'll always attempt to keep people updated when I can.
Luckily the whole story is already written, though it is semi fluid as most works in progress are, so most of my work comes from the actual coding and renders.

As I move into Ch.3 I'm looking to change the UI from that default Renpy interface and clean things up a bit, each chapter I hope to add a little QOL to streamline things so eventually I'll have a new UI and a hopefully functioning gallery and once I've gotten more confident with them I'll definitely be adding animations."

A final bit of general nonsense before I stop yapping like a senator blocking a bill is a few minor things I want to make public knowledge so nobody has to ask.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you so much to everybody else who's also taken the time to play and give feedback, every bit really helps me improve as a creator which is really all one can hope for. I'm still trying to find the balance between obsessively stalking my thread and being a normal active member of the community, but I'll definitely try to pop in more around here when possible to shoot the breeze with folks. Thank you all so much again for taking your valuable time to assist me in this project!

Looking forward to it. You are really getting better with each and every update. Chapter 2 was a lot better than Chapter 1. :)

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I'm no expert on any of this, but I've got a few notes/suggestions for the Dev if they are here.

Reactions: MrFriendly
Jan 8, 2018
I'm no expert on any of this, but I've got a few notes/suggestions for the Dev if they are here.

The reason the image (Last Point) is the way it is, is because the creator has not got to grips with camera work. He has taken the camera in far to close (this gives the fishbowl effect "My what a big nose you have") rather than zooming in using the cameras focal length, most new creators make this mistake somewhere along the line.

Reactions: STWAdev and L7Bear

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I wonder what set her off? I just knew with that look on her face that she had the sooner we evacuted her place the safer we would be :LOL: she looked ready to rip someone to shreds and I didn't want that to be the MC :KEK:
IKR? I'd really like to like her. She's obviously damaged and for whatever inscrutable reason I seem to like damaged. But damn!

I was both amused and confused that you get more points for cuddling her than fucking her! I mean, if not for psycho morning response, I'd almost give up the interactions with the others just for that!

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
The example pic with the impending blow job scene on the first page should be fixed. In the pic, the MC has a really big cock. In the game, the MC:s dick have been nerfed to a size smaller than average. For me, this means instant trash bin and while I don't mind games with small dicked MC:s (I'm not going to play them myself, but I'm also not going to bitch about my preferences not being met), I do mind false advertisement.

On a sidenote, funny how all the dudes here whining about the MC:s cock being too big, have absolutely no problem with the female character in the game who has bowling ball sized and shaped breasts encased in impossibly tight and formfitting clothing (no, real clothes never look like that). Or with every woman looking like a photo model (or at least the approximation of one, the quality of the models/renders can be discussed). I guess unrealistic expectations are only unfair when it's men who are on the recieving end of them... :LOL:

Reactions: Jubz

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to lay some of this out, these are all definitely things I want to fix/look at as I progress.

Minor clarification that I'll have to change to make more clear in the future. Aoife, Lyndie and Beatrix have always known each other, however B and A didn't actually become close until later in life for reasons that will become clear. However I'll look and see how I can modify that line to make it more obvious.

Reactions: L7Bear

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Wow I'm always surprised by the nit picking here. I personally enjoy this VN and am patiently awaiting more of it (lyndie Beatrix and forgive me whiners kimmy are the main reason) best of luck with this and I'll be watching for more. Ty

Stranger87

Sep 14, 2017
I just finished this chapter and I wanted to express how much I enjoyed the game. It has a great balance of choice & VN. The girls are super cute, I love them all so far, and great personalities to boot. I really was not expecting much when I started, but I found myself engrossed. The only thing I ask is that the girls have the back story to make their present feel right. Everyone is a little broken, even the player (truly), and that makes it so real (except for the beauty quotient of course).

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Reactions: VOYEUR

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Finally got around to playing the new update.

Not a bad update. Still not clicking with the girls except for Lyndie. I kind of set my mind on a "Lyndie only" ending. Perhaps that'll change in the future. Denying Bea was satisfying (though, dialogue seems to make it sound like I accepted her "offer"). Denying Kimmy was also satisfying. Getting angry at the dean was also really satisfying. Gave the MC some brownie points as well. If there's negative repercussions later on then fuck it. Overall, I enjoyed the update and the choices that were given.

BELOW IS JUST MY SUGGESTION. DEV CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN OR NOT:

Dom and Sub sexual activities with Lyndie. I enjoy dominating and even some BDSM. I think some of that with Lyndie in the future would be fucking awesome.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
So I decided to give this game a try since it is a unique story it seems to be pretty decent so far. Though just like other people mentioned I don't particularly like any of the girls apart form Lyndie who seems to be the usual quiet shy nerdy character so far. I just hope the MC can be a bit more assertive in the next update and will be able to tell
Chris to fuck off and get out of our house. Otherwise I think this game has a lot of potential and the unique concept will help it stand out in the sea of generic incest games that are around right now.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
...I just hope the MC can be a bit more assertive in the next update and will be able to tell
Chris to fuck off and get out of our house.
I'm kinda curious what she actually did. I want details before I kick her to the curb or get mcs revenge..

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I'm kinda curious what she actually did. I want details before I kick her to the curb or get mcs revenge..
Fair enough though I get the feeling she is some kind of crazy ex which means I want to stay far away from her. She kind of reminds me of Leah from Acting Lessons.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Finally got around to playing the new update.

Not a bad update. Still not clicking with the girls except for Lyndie. I kind of set my mind on a "Lyndie only" ending. Perhaps that'll change in the future. Denying Bea was satisfying (though, dialogue seems to make it sound like I accepted her "offer"). Denying Kimmy was also satisfying. Getting angry at the dean was also really satisfying. Gave the MC some brownie points as well. If there's negative repercussions later on then fuck it. Overall, I enjoyed the update and the choices that were given.

BELOW IS JUST MY SUGGESTION. DEV CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN OR NOT:

Dom and Sub sexual activities with Lyndie. I enjoy dominating and even some BDSM. I think some of that with Lyndie in the future would be fucking awesome.
I am going to have to disagree with you HLMM, I don't want that content with Lyndie. Instead Kimmy and Bea would be my preferred subs.

Though I denied them both just like you. I hope there are more LI because at this point it seems to be Lyndie by default for most players.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I am going to have to disagree with you HLMM, I don't want that content with Lyndie. Instead Kimmy and Bea would be my preferred subs.

Though I denied them both just like you. I hope there are more LI because at this point it seems to be Lyndie by default for most players.
Yeah. It seems like most people don't like Bea or Kimmy and forget Aoife exists so Lyndie seems to win by default for most players. I think the dev has his work cut out for him to make people like Kimmy and not find her obnoxious.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah. It seems like most people don't like Bea or Kimmy and forget Aoife exists so Lyndie seems to win by default for most players. I think the dev has his work cut out for him to make people like Kimmy and not find her obnoxious.
Yeah, he told us early on that she had a redemption arc but the thing is we have to want her to be redeemed. If we don't like the character at all and try to minimize the MC's interaction with her then the only way to have it happen is to railroad us into it or start adding in times when she is less irritating in a hope that the players will forgive her. Kimmy's toxic behavior has even tainted Beatrix, often the main reason people don't want anything to do with Bea is the whole party scene at the end of the first episode. Aoife is so bland that she is forgettable. So by process of elimination we have the fangirl Lyndie.

Reactions: cakeny
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes