• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 123 Votes

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks, I did all that. However the situation is: I went to the party with Lyndie and Aoife to meet Aoife's mum, I now can choose which of the two (if any) I want to spend the night with. Then it tells me "Chapter 4 ends". Then mysterious woman in a cab/other car, then again a title card that Chapter 4 ends, then I have a choice again whether I spent the night with Lyndie, Aoife, or nobody (which did not carry over somehow), but also with Beatrix. And in that path there are allusions to "what happened last night" (not too much, her v-card is still mentioned). Does this "last night with Beatrix" exist somehow if I somehow shun getting to know the queen of Hollywood?
If I remember right, you choose neither of the girls in the cab. Once they drop you off you can then choose Beatrix or go home. It's been a bit since I played, but I think that's how it goes.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
If I remember right, you choose neither of the girls in the cab. Once they drop you off you can then choose Beatrix or go home. It's been a bit since I played, but I think that's how it goes.
Thanks. I suspected something like that but never got the option, just went home automatically. As I said, I am using the walkthrough mod so I tried in vanilla, but had the same problem. Maybe a bug?

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks. I suspected something like that but never got the option, just went home automatically. As I said, I am using the walkthrough mod so I tried in vanilla, but had the same problem. Maybe a bug?
Hmm yeah that is weird, there must be something missed, because I think I remember just checking out the path. You know, for educational purposes lol. I didn't use the mod though, so maybe something changes depending on interactions previously... I don't really remember.

Here is this is the link to the PDF update up to the end of Chapter 4, where you are. It says your Beatrix points must be greater than or equal to 12. So maybe you can see where the points are and see what choices you made to help you out:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021...out_The_Author_Ch._4_Walkthrough_by_IAmAB.pdf

Hope that helps you.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hmm yeah that is weird, there must be something missed, because I think I remember just checking out the path. You know, for educational purposes lol. I didn't use the mod though, so maybe something changes depending on interactions previously... I don't really remember.

Here is this is the link to the PDF update up to the end of Chapter 4, where you are. It says your Beatrix points must be greater than or equal to 12. So maybe you can see where the points are and see what choices you made to help you out:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021...out_The_Author_Ch._4_Walkthrough_by_IAmAB.pdf

Hope that helps you.
It does indeed. I seem to have missed a Bea point. Strange to give me the second choice then, but I'll see whether it works better that way, thanks.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
It does indeed. I seem to have missed a Bea point. Strange to give me the second choice then, but I'll see whether it works better that way, thanks.
Did it work out for you? I forgot to mention that Bea is actually serious about hooking you up with Aoife and/or Lynndie (at least in the beginning) so you sometimes get extra points with her by getting points with them. That can be a bit tricky at times.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Did it work out for you? I forgot to mention that Bea is actually serious about hooking you up with Aoife and/or Lynndie (at least in the beginning) so you sometimes get extra points with her by getting points with them. That can be a bit tricky at times.
It did work out, thanks again. It is however confusing that I got the chance to "choose" Beatrix on the "morning after" part when I wasn't able to the evening before.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
How are things? THere was a "hey all" post in Patreon...
TLDR: Finished last week, didn't feel it was where I wanted it, cried for exactly 7 hours and 8 minutes, went back into revision.

Probably be out in the next day or two. Finishing my additions right now. Will be the largest update, around 1200 renders. When originally storyboarded I planned for about 800 so there was some largening.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Shame.

I expected at least 7 hours and 20 minutes of crying.
(I am joking in case anyone doesn't get it, and I am grateful to the developer for the consistency)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
TLDR: Finished last week, didn't feel it was where I wanted it, cried for exactly 7 hours and 8 minutes, went back into revision.

Probably be out in the next day or two. Finishing my additions right now. Will be the largest update, around 1200 renders. When originally storyboarded I planned for about 800 so there was some largening.
4/10 not enough tears were shed ... call yourself a man?

Real men cry for 8 hours precisely while wearing women's yoga pants and a crop top .... or so i've heard.

They also film it and send it to Ava so she can laugh hysterically send warm feelings of love their way.

• Haha
Reactions: MisterDan

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020

Real men cry for 8 hours precisely while wearing women's yoga pants and a crop top .... or so i've heard.

They also film it and send it to Ava so she can laugh hysterically send warm feelings of love their way.
I'm pretty sure it has to be fluorescent lime green yoga pants and a neon fuchsia fishnet crop top... or so I've heard... :whistle::coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

I can practically guarantee that if you saw me in yoga pants and a crop top, neither laughter nor warm feelings would be what would happen......

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
A little birdy told me the update is out... H-h-h-hmm! We need a hero! I'm holding it for a heroooo 'til the morning liiiight. Sing it with me!

Krabgee

Feb 5, 2019
A little birdy told me the update is out... H-h-h-hmm! We need a hero! I'm holding it for a heroooo 'til the morning liiiight. Sing it with me!
What for? It's the beta, not the final version. If you want to play a probably bugged and unfinished version, it's better to support the dev and get it on Patreon. Just wait a few days, let the patreons get what they are paying for, and when the dev releases the public, finished and polished version you'll play like everybody else (and there will probably be even more scenes and events)

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
What for? It's the beta, not the final version. If you want to play a probably bugged and unfinished version, it's better to support the dev and get it on Patreon. Just wait a few days, let the patreons get what they are paying for, and when the dev releases the public, finished and polished version you'll play like everybody else (and there will probably be even more scenes and events)
You are a downer. You should be crying for 8 hours wearing neon yoga pants and fishnet crop top.

• Haha
Reactions: Glooskabe
4.50 star(s) 123 Votes