VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Just fyi. Update aiming for sometime next week, most likely later in said week. Cheers.
That's good and bad news. I'm enjoying this story but each update it gets closer to the end and being a man whore makes it closer to a definite choice and maybe some consequences.

Well done for making me feel :)

Dru, maybe could of made me leave my throuple such a captivating woman

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Ok I forget which characters are going to be in your other works, forgive me. But let me take Dru for example. My mc had a nice sex scene with her in this vn. Optional of course.

Now say she is an LI in another vn. I wonder how the ones that don't want their LIs to have a past would react.

It's like a paradox. They were the ones to chose to sleep with her in this one so surely even though they are a different character in the next one can they still get upset?

Again I forget which characters are moving on, I've just had too much coffee and thinking about human behavior on this forum.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Ok I forget which characters are going to be in your other works, forgive me. But let me take Dru for example. My mc had a nice sex scene with her in this vn. Optional of course.

Now say she is an LI in another vn. I wonder how the ones that don't want their LIs to have a past would react.

It's like a paradox. They were the ones to chose to sleep with her in this one so surely even though they are a different character in the next one can they still get upset?

Again I forget which characters are moving on, I've just had too much coffee and thinking about human behavior on this forum.
None of the LIs in this one will be LIs in the next two. The MC and the current LI of your choice will make a cameo in the next story.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
None of the LIs in this one will be LIs in the next two. The MC and the current LI of your choice will make a cameo in the next story.
Is dru a possible LI? I thought she was leaving? If i am wrong, Sorry still playing this update so the world may never know if it would make heads explode :LOL:

Reactions: Glooskabe

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Is dru a possible LI? I thought she was leaving? If i am wrong, Sorry still playing this update so the world may never know if it would make heads explode :LOL:
She states she wanted to travel and that she will be leaving (but her inner monologue is more conflicted). I would imagine she stays if you ask her too. She has no reason to leave really.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
She states she wanted to travel and that she will be leaving (but her inner monologue is more conflicted). I would imagine she stays if you ask her too. She has no reason to leave really.
Man if that is true... damn that's a hard choice coming for me then. Throuple or dru. But ty for the heads up :)

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Man if that is true... damn that's a hard choice coming for me then. Throuple or dru. But ty for the heads up :)
Porque no los dos? Multiple saves, baby! My biggest decision will be which do I play first after the throuple ending? Aoife or Dru? Decisions, decisions!

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Porque no los dos? Multiple saves, baby! My biggest decision will be which do I play first after the throuple ending? Aoife or Dru? Decisions, decisions!
I usually do multiple saves for some reason this vn i have not. I get the feeling I will play this a couple of times though

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
For clarification no LIs are transferable. How they may fit in later games will be easier to explain once the update is out so I'll hold it until then.

May 27, 2017
Fuck, seeing Dru and the state she was in made me teary eyed. If I was in MC's shoes, I would thank her and hug her tightly the moment I knew she was the one who saved me, then fall at her feet and apologise for ruining her life. Then I would offer her one of my eyes, seems like the only right thing to do.

I hope in the game, she can somewhat recover her eyesight or atleast have a happy ending. She deserves nothing but the best, for her sacrifice. It sucks that the MC is unemotional and inexpressive in that scene.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Fuck, seeing Dru and the state she was in made me teary eyed. If I was in MC's shoes, I would thank her and hug her tightly the moment I knew she was the one who saved me, then fall at her feet and apologise for ruining her life. Then I would offer her one of my eyes, seems like the only right thing to do.

I hope in the game, she can somewhat recover her eyesight or atleast have a happy ending. She deserves nothing but the best, for her sacrifice. It sucks that the MC is unemotional and inexpressive in that scene.
We play the same game?

Unemotional...inexpressive? Sure didn't skip ahead for the sex scenes there bud? I thought he was very much so....even when Dru says she doesn't want any sympathy etc. Also...as for forgiveness, we apolgised numerous times (despite her saying to stop), we paid all her medical bills and put half a million into an account for her...the right thing to do you know?

She also blames herself bttw...you do remember that yes? She chose to try and save us...no one forced her and she readily accepts that.

May 27, 2017
We play the same game?

Unemotional...inexpressive? Sure didn't skip ahead for the sex scenes there bud? I thought he was very much so....even when Dru says she doesn't want any sympathy etc. Also...as for forgiveness, we apolgised numerous times (despite her saying to stop), we paid all her medical bills and put half a million into an account for her...the right thing to do you know?

She also blames herself bttw...you do remember that yes? She chose to try and save us...no one forced her and she readily accepts that.
Do you really think I'd be teary eyed and willing to give up my eye if I was just skipping for the faps? You just conveniently read what you wanted to and omitted the rest. I'm playing the game right now, I just finished the Dru meetup scene, now in the Pool Party scene. I did say "unemotional in that scene".

But the MC seems uncompellingly unemotional/inexpressive and stiff/dry most of the time. I have been through similar things in my life, and I am fairly attuned with my emotions. There is such a thing as individuality, different people react to situations differently, and I also said "If I was in MC's shoes". To me, the MC is the weakest part of this otherwise great VN.

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Holy fuck.
I am sitting here, crying, scared and almost hyperventilating. That new chapter was intense. I really had my heart in my throat for those last scenes... some of it hit close to home.

Side note, I have enjoyed harem games too much, sucks having to choose in this one. I want to help them all and love them all so much. Character development is too good is the problem lol

Reactions: Hazeti

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Am I the only one who is sad that this is coming to an end , this genuinely is a hidden gem among a sea of games that get duller by the sec , the writing , the characters are so believable that the attachment you feel to them is difficult to describe
After that last chapter... completely agree.

Reactions: frenk and Hazeti

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Am I the only one who is sad that this is coming to an end , this genuinely is a hidden gem among a sea of games that get duller by the sec , the writing , the characters are so believable that the attachment you feel to them is difficult to describe
DARK SUCCUBUS and POWERBOTTOM FRIEND. Simple enough. Will be "sequels" though, not with best girls though.

Reactions: Hazeti

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
After that last chapter... completely agree.
The emotions in the last chapter hit me like a damn freight train , lots of devs fail at creating characters that speak to the player on a emotional level, here each of the ladies stand out in that regard , so much care and attention has been put into them as characters , you gotta love it

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
DARK SUCCUBUS and POWERBOTTOM FRIEND. Simple enough. Will be "sequels" though, not with best girls though.
The dev has two ? or more games planned in the something to write about series and I can't wait to try them , this is so much better than what a certain other dev with too much of an ego is doing right now if you know what I mean which I am sure you do

Reactions: SerHawkes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Nah, I am not sad. Because it means we get a completed game (yay!), it isn't common to see a game finished these days. In addition the dev has already teased us with his next game (Unbroken) on his Patreon so we will get a new game in the same universe. And, finally, he also will be producing some other side bits that may include characters from this game (not sure as I was distracted by Lyndie).

Considering the fact that four games I follow were abandoned last year, 3 were put on hold, and zero were completed it is nice to see one I give a damn about reach its end.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes