VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

erkper

May 16, 2018
Well, then that reveal must have been in Kim's route/ending because it sure isn't in B's. B's a virgin sure, but she straight out states to MC in her post-orgasmic haze that she has been with girls, has gone down on "people" but just no one had done so or fucked her. Never in B's route (I just replayed it from start to Our Home ending, looking for exactly that) does B say she didn't have sex with Kim, and in the story in general it's stated multiple times they did. *shrug* But I didn't and won't play Kim's route so if you tell me that's where it is I will accept it to be true.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, then that reveal must have been in Kim's route/ending because it sure isn't in B's. B's a virgin sure, but she straight out states to MC in her post-orgasmic haze that she has been with girls, has gone down on "people" but just no one had done so or fucked her. Never in B's route (I just replayed it from start to Our Home ending, looking for exactly that) does B say she didn't have sex with Kim, and in the story in general it's stated multiple times they did. *shrug* But I didn't and won't play Kim's route so if you tell me that's where it is I will accept it to be true.
Yeah, it's there... I've played all the paths at this point just can't remember where everything is in the game. My number one critique of the game, beyond it being too short, is that there is a lot that isn't available in terms of character information if you don't play particular routes. I understand doing that for replayability but some of that information was crucial to liking/disliking the characters. I don't know how difficult it would be to code but a "secrets" page where when you unlock information and can look it up afterwards would be nice.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's on Kim's route, during her talk on the boat.

MC brings it up and she tells him what happened.

Or more, what didn't happen. They sat on the sofa and talked, took the pictures for the MC then went to sleep.

B has done oral but not in the game. Considering there are only 2 virgins out of 6 love interests everyone else has done something it just all happens before the game.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
There is no unavoidable lesbian off screen.

It is explained what happened later on but won't waste my time explaining.
There is, Kim and B have fun without me, and no option to join them . I'll probably be okay with it if I can watch atleast

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
So, I guess you missed that big, fat LESBIAN tag at the top of this and every other page of this thread.

Sigh, yet another guy who complains that a game is exactly what it advertises to be.
Don't get me wrong I am not blind, I don't really mind LESBIAN tag , I am not bitching about it being there in the game, what I don't like is I thought that they had fun without me , without the option to watch or join them

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Don't get me wrong I am not blind, I don't really mind LESBIAN tag , I am not bitching about it being there in the game, what I don't like is I thought that they had fun without me , without the option to watch or join them
well you (mc) can't be in every place at same time (with iamab's mod can see all interesting scenes).

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

However, see below. The report of them having sex was disinformation. Actually, they had a nice chat. I'm sure you would have paid to see that. :)
No they don't and if you played the story you'd be told what happened.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
They say they are going to hook up to stop Aiofe and Lyndie from worrying, it's Lyndie's birthday and B didn't want to ruin it but she couldn't stay there any longer.

Kim used that as a cover to get her out.

It is all rather innocent. You do find out exactly what happened on Kims path during a chat on the boat. Conversation turns towards what happened that night and Kim explains that B was having a breakdown of sorts and Kim wanted to get her out but B didn;t want to ruin Lyndie's birthday so used hooking up to get her out and the fact Lyndie was a massive fan of the MC to make up for it.

All that happened was they had a chat on the sofa then B wanted to send some nudes to the MC. After that they went to sleep.

B has a small amount of experience when it comes to sex but is still a virgin and does nothing in the game with anyone else until she starts with the MC and does not touch another person until her second ending which is her cuckquean one also involving Lyndie and Aoife. Her whole slut persona is an act and Aoife has already seen through it.

Kim isn't a slut either she's off her medication and has a severe mental health condition. While not an act as such it isn't the real her and you don't see her until much later when it all comes out.

I know how they act puts some people off especially the hook up at the start but worry not, nobody does anything without the MC present. All sexual experience happens before the game.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
They say they are going to hook up to stop Aiofe and Lyndie from worrying, it's Lyndie's birthday and B didn't want to ruin it but she couldn't stay there any longer.

Kim used that as a cover to get her out.

It is all rather innocent. You do find out exactly what happened on Kims path during a chat on the boat. Conversation turns towards what happened that night and Kim explains that B was having a breakdown of sorts and Kim wanted to get her out but B didn;t want to ruin Lyndie's birthday so used hooking up to get her out and the fact Lyndie was a massive fan of the MC to make up for it.

All that happened was they had a chat on the sofa then B wanted to send some nudes to the MC. After that they went to sleep.

B has a small amount of experience when it comes to sex but is still a virgin and does nothing in the game with anyone else until she starts with the MC and does not touch another person until her second ending which is her cuckquean one also involving Lyndie and Aoife. Her whole slut persona is an act and Aoife has already seen through it.

Kim isn't a slut either she's off her medication and has a severe mental health condition. While not an act as such it isn't the real her and you don't see her until much later when it all comes out.

I know how they act puts some people off especially the hook up at the start but worry not, nobody does anything without the MC present. All sexual experience happens before the game.
100%

Too bad some of the insecure will never listen. It's there in the writing and now in several posts but somehow they miss it repeatedly or refuse to acknowledge it.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
100%

Too bad some of the insecure will never listen. It's there in the writing and now in several posts but somehow they miss it repeatedly or refuse to acknowledge it.
Some people are really set in their views, and anything that remotely appears to go counter to those views sets them off.

Of course, I have my own views. I just put a game on my Reject list, that had a number of very positive reviews, because it had too many tags that turned me off. But I didn't bother posting my displeasure to that thread. Who there would have cared? They were on that thread because they like the game. Who am I to say they shouldn't.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Some people are really set in their views, and anything that remotely appears to go counter to those views sets them off.

Of course, I have my own views. I just put a game on my Reject list, that had a number of very positive reviews, because it had too many tags that turned me off. But I didn't bother posting my displeasure to that thread. Who there would have cared? They were on that thread because they like the game. Who am I to say they shouldn't.
Wait! What? You mean we don't HAVE to post negative posts with no constructive criticism in the thread of every game we don't like? Sounds like news to..........a lot of dumb asses

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018

I have posted on a couple of threads of VNs I have played that I didn't like. However, it is mostly due to content. Sometimes I have tried VNs because of the Dev or recommendation. Like I didn't like Be a Dik, but I was very positive on the thread. Saying something along the lines that the story (up to the point I played) was good, the renders were great ... but it wasn't for me due to certain content.
Now, I have also avoided threads of games I utterly disliked because as you said, sometimes it's just better to stay out of it.
I have been on threads of VNs I love and see people just ripping it to shreds because of innocuous and minor things. OR in the case here recently because the person didn't even play the whole VN. It is frustrating which is why even in my negative posts (which I am sure I have made though I try to keep it to a minimum) I try to be positive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
So I finally played the dreaded last update. I've been avoiding it because I didn't want the story to end and I loved every second of it.

I'm very much looking forward to what else the dev has in store.
You delayed longer than me, but I also waited a bit before playing because I really did not want it to end.

Reactions: ben_sylar

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Yeah, this should be common behavior - not only when talking tags but also other content. Sure, we all have watched this promising new game turn into "unplayable" for us, not because of bad writing, bugs, or annoying gameplay, but because the story took a turn we did not like, suddenly there was a kink involved we do not share and we did not expect (or the other way round: we thought a novel was heading into a favorable direction but it wasn't). But yeah, that's life.

Tastes differ but in the threads they tend to go towards positive opinions because those who like a game tend to stick around, while those who don't will use the "Walter Victor approach". And then there are the perennial complaints which do nothing but annoy those who like the game and will not help those disliking the game - they won't notice anyway, but my complaint ain't gonna change the game.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Yeah, this should be common behavior - not only when talking tags but also other content. Sure, we all have watched this promising new game turn into "unplayable" for us, not because of bad writing, bugs, or annoying gameplay, but because the story took a turn we did not like, suddenly there was a kink involved we do not share and we did not expect (or the other way round: we thought a novel was heading into a favorable direction but it wasn't). But yeah, that's life.

Tastes differ but in the threads they tend to go towards positive opinions because those who like a game tend to stick around, while those who don't will use the "Walter Victor approach". And then there are the perennial complaints which do nothing but annoy those who like the game and will not help those disliking the game - they won't notice anyway, but my complaint ain't gonna change the game.
I agree. And I'm probably guilty of being a cunt to devs who don't deserve it. It's just that I can't shut up about something I think could be better in a game I like.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I agree. And I'm probably guilty of being a cunt to devs who don't deserve it. It's just that I can't shut up about something I think could be better in a game I like.
Well, constructive criticism will be welcome by most devs, it depends on phrasing and insistency. If you (general "you") feel compelled to write "I've told you three times now how to fix your mistakes, but you just won't listen" (actual quote from an actual thread, now deleted, probably because of dev harassment, but I still had it in a private convo) when you want to change the basic premises of the game (this was a VN vs Sandbox argument) - just don't. Move on.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes