VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
As good as this one is a line from Aoife in her ending hit me. She says she wants to see snow. I was born in LA. LA has snow nearby in the San Bernardino mountains. you can see the snow capped mountains every winter from LA. It's rare but one year it even snowed in Huntington Beach, CA where I eventually grew up. There were several landmarks in the story that are not really there but the snow thing got me I had to say something. Otherwise awesome VN and writing.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
As good as this one is a line from Aoife in her ending hit me. She says she wants to see snow. I was born in LA. LA has snow nearby in the San Bernardino mountains. you can see the snow capped mountains every winter from LA. It's rare but one year it even snowed in Huntington Beach, CA where I eventually grew up. There were several landmarks in the story that are not really there but the snow thing got me I had to say something. Otherwise awesome VN and writing.
Same.... on both counts as I'm also a native born and raised and likewise made Aoife my canon ending. I did enjoy seeing all the ending combinations via the WT mod but Aoife remains my favorite and knew from the beginning she was going to be my sole/main love interest. As far as the revelation of a sequel, I totally had no clue one was in the works back when I first played through and finished the game earlier this year.

That said, from what I can tell, it looks like its new characters possibly set in the same universe/time as this game however taking place on the other side of world. Can't wait to give it a play through and fingers crossed for cameos from the first game! I'm interested in seeing how else this sequel might be connected to its predecessor.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That said, from what I can tell, it looks like its new characters possibly set in the same universe/time as this game however taking place on the other side of world. Can't wait to give it a play through and fingers crossed for cameos from the first game! I'm interested in seeing how else this sequel might be connected to its predecessor.
The MC in the new game is one of the friends of the MC in this.

This MC appears near the start of the new game in a little cameo with the LI.

Apart from that, yes, new game has all new love interests.

Third game in the trilogy will probably have the biggest crossover, it's about the Irish mob of which Aoife's Aunt is quite high up in and her cousins are part of.

• Thinking Face

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
The MC in the new game is one of the friends of the MC in this.

This MC appears near the start of the new game in a little cameo with the LI.

Apart from that, yes, new game has all new love interests.

Third game in the trilogy will probably have the biggest crossover, it's about the Irish mob of which Aoife's Aunt is quite high up in and her cousins are part of.
Wow! Thanks for the insight, I literally had no idea of a planned trilogy and now that you mention it, I do remember one of the MC's best friends being stationed/living in the UK while the events of the first game unfold... leading up to a wedding overseas in the epilogue. Yet another reason to revisit this series and looking forward to the eventual 3rd game even more!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
looking forward to the eventual 3rd game even more!
From what the dev has said, the third game is going to be quite different from the first 2.

First 2 are more date sim types with a more casual story going on, third is going to be quite a heavy story and more serious and/or violent.

I know Aiofe's cousins are love interests but her Aunt, who's also in this, is only a partial so either casual fling or 1 time fuck.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
That was just a NICE ride! Good emotions without making me bawl like a 51 year old angry baby (play leap of faith, Deluca Family, or My Bully is my Lover if you want to bawl (or Acting lessons)) I'm really glad you could see all the endings because I found it VERY hard to pick a favorite. Aoife probably, maybe , slightly edges the others out, but Dru was RIGHT up there with her IMO. Now to go play Unbroken!

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Hey all, been some time since I came into this thread, wanted to share a little news. As most of you know I've moved onto Unbroken since this game wrapped up, but there's still some work I've been putting into this puppy when I can find the time. My inexperience early on has led to a certain unhappiness with my little debut game. As the desire is to move the complete Author onto Steam I wanted to make sure I put my best foot forward this time, and have slowly been doing a little remastering. This is not a story update of any kind, just a bit of art and character facelift as well as a little bit of fixing for the code. This will be the version that goes to Steam, when it's ready. Right now Chapters 1-4 are completely remastered, but I can't tell you when the other 3 will be. I'm really only able to put a little work into this on my days off as Unbroken is the priority during work time. When it's much closer to finished I'll hop in here and give you another little update.
Until then I figured I would pop a little glimpse at the remastered LI's of the game. Take care all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes